Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Ah yes, this was the scene. "This isn't your daddy's lasso!" This definitely was written saying it's NOT the Lasso Cassie got from Ares. And that font change... it's like a magic incantation. did we ever figure out just what Cassie did to Lycus? And that glow on the lasso... it's NOT lightning! looks like white-hot fire?
    I think it's Cassie turning Ares Lasso into her own Lazzo with her powers of Demigoddess.

In this Teen Titans issue, Cassie discovered she has her own powers due to being a demigoddess. Previously, she get power from magical objects or granted by Hades (as her Champion).

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think it's Cassie turning Ares Lasso into her own Lazzo with her powers of Demigoddess.

In this Teen Titans issue, Cassie discovered she has her own powers due to being a demigoddess. Previously, she get power from magical objects or granted by Hades (as her Champion).
    Yes, yes... well except she was champion of Ares, not Hades. Also IIRc Lycus was never seen again. Which isn't what the Lasso of Lightning Ares gave her did. also this one is using golden flames to do... whatever it did?

In my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee I’ve been working on for fun, I’ve been including costume design references and notes and color pallets for each character. I wanted to do something new for Cassie so the palette of her costume for her costume is a mostly a bright blue with gold and black accents for other aspects of the design. It’s more of a true blue than a teal-y blue like Yara’s.

Anyway, it’s been fun to focus on Cassie and the other members of the Wonders.

Cassie = bright blue, gold and black.
    Diana = red, gold, blue and white.
    Donna = black and silver.
    Hippolyta = purple and gold.
    Nubia = blue and gold.
    Artemis = back to her green and silver colors when she was Requiem.
    Achilles Warkiller = gold, silver and white.
    Fury (Lyta Trevor) = stays with red and gold.
    Wonder Boy (new character) = red, gold and black.
    Superwoman = black and gold.

For the characters with bracers, they’d all be silver if Themysciran.

I'm pretty sure they can't use the name Wonder Boy. There's a video game called that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

As Ive said before...its a shame that Cassie is not part of this God event. Making her Zeus's daughter again could put her in the crosshairs of Hera.

Hell even giving her a title where she teams up with other demigods and battles otherworldly threats could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm pretty sure they can't use the name Wonder Boy. There's a video game called that.
    They can use it, just not put out a title. Which...would he really need one? Or just call it DCs Wonder Boy just as Disney did with their Star Girl
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-01-2023 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    As Ive said before...its a shame that Cassie is not part of this God event. Making her Zeus's daughter again could put her in the crosshairs of Hera.

Hell even giving her a title where she teams up with other demigods and battles otherworldly threats could be fun.

They can use it, just not put out a title. Which...would he really need one? Or just call it DCs Wonder Boy just as Disney did with their Star Girl
    Now that you mention it feels like she has more reason to be involved than Yara does.

Wait what? I know Disney and DC both have an Elastigirl (Incredibles and Doom Patrol - the Disney version can't use the name on toys so she's Mrs Incredible there). But I didn't know Disney had given someone Courtney's name too. Closest I can think of is Star-Lady, a codename used by Kitty Pryde when she was in the Guardians of the Galaxy comic.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wait what? I know Disney and DC both have an Elastigirl (Incredibles and Doom Patrol - the Disney version can't use the name on toys so she's Mrs Incredible there). But I didn't know Disney had given someone Courtney's name too. Closest I can think of is Star-Lady, a codename used by Kitty Pryde when she was in the Guardians of the Galaxy comic.
    Yeah trying to look that name up on Wiki didn't work. no page is named "Star Girl", "Stargirl", or "Star-Girl", and trying a generic search using "Star Girl" gave so many junk hits it hit 1200 pages returned... which means the Wikia algorithm stopped searching. Doing a similar search for "Stargirl"... gave me 50 results, a bunch of hits for similar names... like Starfire, Starkill, didn't see one for Stargirl... outside the handful of times Courtney Whitmore appeared in JLA vs Avengers.

They're talking about the Stargirl Disney movies

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    They're talking about the Stargirl Disney movies
    oh... this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargirl_(film)

I’m not going to let that stop me!

(I’d go so far as to make a Wonder Man too. No shade to Marvel, but DC should have a Wonder Man.)

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that you mention it feels like she has more reason to be involved than Yara does.
    Cassie absolutely should have been one of the stars of Revenge of the Gods.

Astonishing Member

Also, DC created a character called Wonder Boy in 1940 (National Comics #1).

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Wonder_Bo...lity_Universe)

So, I assume DC has rights to use the name.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-05-2023 at 05:07 AM.

Er, DC didn't, didn't you notice the brackets? That's a Quality Comics character, the trademark probably lapsed long before DC acquired Quality or the 1980s Wonder Boy video games launched.

Cassie's original Wonder Girl equipment showed up in today's issue of Wonder Woman. Mary Bromfield had given up her Shazam powers to Diana when the Amazon was about to be slain, and later on, Diana tells her she's a Marvel (inspiring her to take her classic name Mary Marvel), and no liability, and gives her the gear so that she can re-join the fight (she'll get her own powers back at the end of the Revenge of the Gods story I assume).