Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cassie's original Wonder Girl equipment showed up in today's issue of Wonder Woman. Mary Bromfield had given up her Shazam powers to Diana when the Amazon was about to be slain, and later on, Diana tells her she's a Marvel (inspiring her to take her classic name Mary Marvel), and no liability, and gives her the gear so that she can re-join the fight (she'll get her own powers back at the end of the Revenge of the Gods story I assume).
    I'm sure Cassie would improve, but doesn't really make up for not featuring her at all.

You mean approve, and yeah, that's the second time in this run Diana's given her stuff to someone else without asking first (the other time was when she gave Yara the Wonder Girl codename).

Mary and Cassie would get along well actually - Mary's a WW fangirl too, Billy had Diana sign a WW branded t-shirt for her!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It hope it doesn't mean Cassie has no place in WW's world anymore. And I personally take issue with Diana giving away her goods without permission. It's bad enough Cassie doesn't show up very much but now Diana is just giving away all her stuff! Such a injustice!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Cassie ended DCeased as the way she started it....Damiens girlfriend. Left out of the big action. Only WW member (as every.single.Superman member survived).

Jesus, Taylor, you want some chapstick for all that lip service you're serving?

EDIT:
    Also, the "You lived up to your title" line is actually kind of hilarious. Considering Diana was murdered with one punch and died a miserable failure, Cassie doing f***-all the entire series does kinda "live up" to the mantle in this case.

Thank god this crap is finally over.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 04-18-2023 at 06:15 PM.

Cassie/Damian is such a WTF pairing. It's like when the Arkham games paired up Tim with Barbara.

No matter the Wonder, Taylor basically writes them the same (and not well).

I mean, jeez, Lobo did more to convince Ares than she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Cassie/Damian is such a WTF pairing. It's like when the Arkham games paired up Tim with Barbara.
    Yeah, funny thing... the Kindom come analog of Damian... is paired with Mar'i Grayson. Who actually has stuff in common with him since she grew up training with her dad.

Cassie and Damian? Uh, isn't there like a sizeable age difference between the two? That sounds quite strange.

Cassie was de-aged to match Damian for the DCeased continuity because the Super Sons generation doesn't have a Wonder Girl (DCeased started before Yara was created). In the main universe, yes, they should be about seven or eight years apart in age - before Flashpoint, Damian was 10 and Tim was 17, based on that, and with Damian now aged 14, Tim should now be 21 - and Cassie should be the same age as him.

It's moot anyway, as even a 100 year old Cassie would still look young, considering she's a demigoddess like Diana is. She'll outlive Damian anyway unless she's KIA.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-19-2023 at 10:38 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well I don't like it! Cassie's generation is Tim, Conner and Bart. The Super Sons need to go find their own Wonder Girl, because Cassie is taken! This de-aging thing is just confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Well I don't like it! Cassie's generation is Tim, Conner and Bart. The Super Sons need to go find their own Wonder Girl, because Cassie is taken! This de-aging thing is just confusing!
    They COULd have used Yara is she'd not been written as late teens early 20s.

Or if they actually remembered she existed, they could use Lyta Milton, who IS around the right age.... and has a suitably edgy backstory that even Damian would not want to annoy her too much.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    They COULd have used Yara is she'd not been written as late teens early 20s.

Or if they actually remembered she existed, they could use Lyta Milton, who IS around the right age.... and has a suitably edgy backstory that even Damian would not want to annoy her too much.
    I don't know why this offends me so much but it does. De-aging Cassie like that, disregarding her history with Young Justice and the Titans just to pair her with Damian.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

She's also ever so slightly older than the Supersons in their dtv movie

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I don't know why this offends me so much but it does. De-aging Cassie like that, disregarding her history with Young Justice and the Titans just to pair her with Damian.
    well, it's basically erasing character history.... just to do something... different... for reasons that are dumb. this is why I keep saying DC has been mangling continuity, and it's gotten a lot worse in the last 10 years.