Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    They COULd have used Yara is she'd not been written as late teens early 20s.
    They could anyway. She probably would have been the one de-aged for DCeased, despite Yara being 21 in the main DC universe (which should in fact be the same age as Cassie, if they put YJ at the ages they should be at relative to Damian), had Yara actually existed yet. But DCeased predates Future State. Cassie was the newest Wonder Girl at the time, so she was the one they used.

Yara actually has an unused design for a teenage version of her, which was shown in the announcement of her cancelled TV show.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-20-2023 at 06:27 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    well, it's basically erasing character history.... just to do something... different... for reasons that are dumb. this is why I keep saying DC has been mangling continuity, and it's gotten a lot worse in the last 10 years.
    Truthfully DC's weird continuity is one of the things that hold me back from being more involved in the DC side of comics. I just don't know what's canon or not anymore and it makes it hard figure out where to start. It sucks they did this to Cassie and erase her YJ history with her peers. They should have just made up a new Wonder Girl for the Super Sons and leave Cassie with her friends and proper generation. Grrr, this disrespect angers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They could anyway. She probably would have been the one de-aged for DCeased, despite Yara being 21 in the main DC universe (which should in fact be the same age as Cassie, if they put YJ at the ages they should be at relative to Damian), had Yara actually existed yet. But DCeased predates Future State. Cassie was the newest Wonder Girl at the time, so she was the one they used.

Yara actually has an unused design for a teenage version of her, which was shown in the announcement of her cancelled TV show.
    oooohhh.... neato! didn't know that, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Truthfully DC's weird continuity is one of the things that hold me back from being more involved in the DC side of comics. I just don't know what's canon or not anymore and it makes it hard figure out where to start. It sucks they did this to Cassie and erase her YJ history with her peers. They should have just made up a new Wonder Girl for the Super Sons and leave Cassie with her friends and proper generation. Grrr, this disrespect angers me.
    Yeah, like I said earlier, you want a "kid" Wonder character... Lyta would fit the bill. She's a child of a well-known character, and a similar age.

Same thing with the writers not knowing what's canon or not .

Extraordinary Member

I don't know why this offends me so much but it does. De-aging Cassie like that, disregarding her history with Young Justice and the Titans just to pair her with Damian.
    I always figured Lyta Milton, Circe’s daughter, would end up being the Wondergirl of Damian and Jon’s generation. Just like @Marhawkman pointed out. I think I thought of that even before Flashpoint.

Is she even canon nowadays?

If so, they should bring her back to be a “WonderGirl-in-waiting” for the current Irey, Jai, Osul, Otho, Tiffany Fox, Lian Harper early teen generation.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 04-22-2023 at 06:17 PM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Don't worry about canon or continuity. DC has a near-century worth of stories to pick from. You will find something you like.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Yes! More Wonder Girl highlights! Whenever she's on the show in action I am smiling. The world needs more Cassie Sandsmark! More I say!

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Don't worry about canon or continuity. DC has a near-century worth of stories to pick from. You will find something you like.
    I will try to find a suitable starting point for a story I wish to follow. Hopeful one that has Wonder Girl of course!

I love that scene of her breaking her handcuffs .

Fantastic Member

The Lobo battle was difficult to watch.

I remember one line from Diana: "Less fangirl, more Wonder Girl!" - in other words, Diana was basically telling Cassie "fight with me, don't just gush about how great I am".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Yes! More Wonder Girl highlights! Whenever she's on the show in action I am smiling. The world needs more Cassie Sandsmark! More I say!

I will try to find a suitable starting point for a story I wish to follow. Hopeful one that has Wonder Girl of course!
    You got Byrne's Wonder Woman where she debuted. PAD's Young Justice. Johns's Teen Titans. If you like Donna, most will state start with Perez/Wolfman New Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    The Lobo battle was difficult to watch.
    Lobo is like "out of the way wimp!" and nearly ignores her. Which... makes sense for Lobo honestly.

I was just "wondering" something recently. A question for all the thread. Who would you consider the closest thing Cassie has to a arch nemesis as Wonder Girl, if she had one at all? Like who would you say was her most hated enemy or one she clashed with many times were it got personal?

I was just "wondering" something recently. A question for all the thread. Who would you consider the closest thing Cassie has to a arch nemesis as Wonder Girl, if she had one at all? Like who would you say was her most hated enemy or one she clashed with many times were it got personal?
    Vanessa Silver Swan?