Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I think my favorite of those three would be the third though, just lose the chain mail skirt thing.
    That's what ruins an otherwise okay costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Cassies WW looks
    Generally dislike those big corset belts and abhor them with a star in the middle. It looks stupid and like a giant tiara. The first one is too clichéd.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    well, yeah. I personally think that simply having the "kid sister" angle was adequate though.
    That's traditionally Donna.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's traditionally Donna.
    who WW rarely talks to.

I wish they’d go at least a bit closer to Byrne’s original intent. I think she should be a bit less stereotypically “feminine”.

I definitely agree with that

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

While I dont necessarily want Cassie as the buxom blonde from the New 52, Peter David and later Johns showed a lot of growth for Cassie that is normal for girls to go through, so I dont mind her being a little more than her all elbows and knees. She hangs out with...or at least did hang out with Wonder Woman, Donna Troy is...was...a big sister. Plus she's got Tim who's outfitted to the nines. So having a more put together costume wouldn't necessarily be out of the question for her character.
    That being said, I dont mind her look from the later issues of the original Young Justice series, her jeans and tank look from Teen Titans or even her look from the early issues of Johns' Teen Titans.

All of that being said...I am also of the camp that it's time for Cassie (along with Tim and Kon) to adopt new alter-egos. Give her the Olympian title already.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yeah, either name her Fury (its collecting dust) or Olympia.

Give her headgear similar to E2 Fury

And her something similar to her YJ costume

I feel like she had a pretty believable character progression from Byrne to PAD to Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    While I dont necessarily want Cassie as the buxom blonde from the New 52, Peter David and later Johns showed a lot of growth for Cassie that is normal for girls to go through, so I dont mind her being a little more than her all elbows and knees. She hangs out with...or at least did hang out with Wonder Woman, Donna Troy is...was...a big sister. Plus she's got Tim who's outfitted to the nines. So having a more put together costume wouldn't necessarily be out of the question for her character.
    That being said, I dont mind her look from the later issues of the original Young Justice series, her jeans and tank look from Teen Titans or even her look from the early issues of Johns' Teen Titans.

All of that being said...I am also of the camp that it's time for Cassie (along with Tim and Kon) to adopt new alter-egos. Give her the Olympian title already.
    Yeah the Byrne quote reminded me of an old observation about growing up. His take made sense for someone 14 or 15. the New 52 version made sense for the same person but 20-22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like she had a pretty believable character progression from Byrne to PAD to Johns.
    THIS^! Awkward teen... grows up.... decides to spend a LOT of time with that one "boy" who paid attention to her.

Yeah, this is part of why I liked the thing with Superboy. It's teen superheroes... doing normal teen things. Sure you don't NEED to do... that... at that age..... But it's not out of the ordinary.

So she could grow up to be someone that questions gender norms, but instead of that she grows closer to those gender norms?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    So she could grow up to be someone that questions gender norms, but instead of that she grows closer to those gender norms?
    Why would she do the first thing?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Why would she do the first thing?
    Because she was rebellious right fron the beginning, feeling restrained, and she dressed in a way that was atypical, both as a civilian and as a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Because she was rebellious right fron the beginning, feeling restrained, and she dressed in a way that was atypical, both as a civilian and as a superhero

Yeah.... that has nothing to do with whether she's buxom.....