Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default Lyta Hall aka Fury Appreciation Thread 2023

May it be a very Happy New Year for Lyta in 2023!

May us fans get to see some (New) Lyta in 2023!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Happy New Year to Lyta and her fans .

I love Lyta!

Kind of intriguing that with all the focus on Damien Wayne and Jon Kent, we’ve never gotten Lyta back in the mix somehow. Now that a version of Helena Wayne is reappearing, perhaps there’s hope for the fabulous Fury, Miss Lyta Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I love Lyta!

Kind of intriguing that with all the focus on Damien Wayne and Jon Kent, we’ve never gotten Lyta back in the mix somehow. Now that a version of Helena Wayne is reappearing, perhaps there’s hope for the fabulous Fury, Miss Lyta Trevor.
    We need more people in DC who love and understand the WW franchise and who can give opportunities to other creators who also love and understand WW.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Spectacular Member

I love Lyta!

Main universe or hypothetical earth two?

I love Lyta!

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We need more people in DC who love and understand the WW franchise and who can give opportunities to other creators who also love and understand WW.
    Yes, I agree. I would love to see Lyta back, with a new costume and some new adventures.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Absolutely true multiplied by a bazillion.

Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    Main universe or hypothetical earth two?
    If we get a Helena Wayne Huntress back in main continuity, I’d say do the same for Fury. I’m sure there are other versions of her out in the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I agree. I would love to see Lyta back, with a new costume and some new adventures.
    I’m up for a redesigned costume that pays homage to the original and I’d keep the red and gold colors - that color scheme is unique to her compared to the other Amazons’s costumes.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if the red/gold was inspired by Donna's mostly red with gold stars outfit. I think Donna's stars were orginally silver and black in the Nick Cardy era.

I kinda feel that Lyta Hall invovled with Sandman is gone for good, but that shouldn't prevent a different version from being used -- either the one from Justice Society Infinite (was that at the name?) or a different reality where Diana and Steve have a daughter. Definitely need to explore more of the WW family tree!

Hopefully we'll be seeing more of Lyta in the New JSA Book sometime in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I’m up for a redesigned costume that pays homage to the original and I’d keep the red and gold colors - that color scheme is unique to her compared to the other Amazons’s costumes.
    I would be okay with this, but something less....jumbled.. than her original costume and more in line for the Daughter of Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I would be okay with this, but something less....jumbled.. than her original costume and more in line for the Daughter of Wonder Woman.
    I like her costume, but could see some sort of an update. What I wouldn't want is her costume to be WW-ish. No tiara, no eagle, no lasso or red white and blue. She's her own character, the way Nightwing is. And I like how elements of her costume are a sort of reverse-play on Diana's... Her headpiece is red with gold, not gold with red. It's rounder and Diana's is sharp. She's more covered vs Diana's being less..... cape vs no cape. Just bracelets vs actual gloves gauntlets.

I even like the breastplate only covering half her torso-- a double homage. One to the fact that many ancient Amazons are depicted covering one breast, and the false assumption that they removed one breast.

Astonishing Member

I also like her original outfit, but will concede that a few modernization wouldn't hurt. I do like the golden breast plate and that she's the only WW character to consistently wear a cape.