Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To pick up an idea that WonderScott, Mizuno and I have been discussing for years, if Wonder Woman comic had an iconic 'Gateway city' of time-travellers, aliens and mythical beings, ..there would be a narrative platform for Fury, WW's Wonder-daughter from a parallel universe.

It doesn't have to be Gateway City or Holliday City...a super-Washington, the X-files Capital of the DCU, the building blocks of which have already been left in place by Mike and Becky's run. I don't think the time for pre-Crisis Lyta/Fury has passed, so much as the editorial will to make it happen ..being lost or generally asleep.

A Fury/Lyta recurring in the WW comic, joining the occasional adventure, could help define the Wonderverse in a new, Marstonian way, making it, once more, a place where we expect anything might be possible...

Even the repositioning of reality-warping Janus as a major adversary for WW.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-21-2023 at 05:06 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    No, I disagree. With all of the multiverses -- and with Lyta of current Earth apparently gone forever -- just go back to the reason she was created in the first place -- daughter of Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor -- from those old Golden Age stories (on whichever Earth that occurred). Fury II never really made much of a mark, and could be swiped under the rug -- or could just be disconnected from Lyta if someone wants to do something with Helena.
    Fury II was already acknowledged in the Stargirl and the Lost Children miniseries last year.
    The Young Allstars are still a part of continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Fury II was already acknowledged in the Stargirl and the Lost Children miniseries last year.
    The Young Allstars are still a part of continuity.
    That's doesn't necessarily mean she's Lyta' s mom in this continuity...

Astonishing Member

I'm fine with Helena being in continuity. I really liked the first few issues of Young All-Star -- Brian Murray's very fresh style was one of the biggest reasons. But after he left, and Roy Thomas went overboard on the literary references -- it was time to pull the plug. Despite Thomas never been the greatest chronicler of female heroes, I actually liked his run on Wonder Woman a great deal (large part of the credit goes to Gene Colan -- even though he didn't enjoy working on the series). And since Lyta is a product of the Wonder Woman series (unlike Power Girl who was created for JSA), I think she deserves to be brought back into the mythos. It doesn't have to be the version from the Sandman series (especially since the Vertigo editor got so pissy about Geoff Johns using Lyta and Hec). Just go back to an Earth 2 (or 22 or whatever) where she is the daughter of an alternative Wonder Woman -- whose adventures were identical to those of Golden Age Wonder Woman),

Extraordinary Member

Was Helena Kosmatos portrayed as looking old in the Tales of the Titans Donna Troy issue?