Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If they bring back Lyta into continuity, who would be her birth-mother?

As I posted in a different thread,
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    One other possible complication these days would be Lyta's backstory.

Originally,

but after CoIE,

and still later, the "Mr. and Mrs. Trevor" who adopted Lyta were turned into Admiral Derek Trevor and Joan Dale Trevor, a.k.a. Miss America.

However, since it looks like Diana was originally Wonder Woman back in 1939 (as per Wonder Woman #750), is Diana back to being Lyta's birth mother?

Hmmn. That one write-up says Fury can run at super-speed. Have we ever seen her do that? What about move at super-speed when fighting someone?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Helena Kosmatos was shown to still be in continuity in 2022. So I’m going to say Helena will still be Lyta’s mom.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If they bring back Lyta into continuity, who would be her birth-mother?

As I posted in a different thread,
    I'd love to see Lyta back full time if done well. Her origin is a real stumbling block to making her work. It would be a real shock to suddenly reveal Diana has had a grown daughter all this time. But having Lyta be anyone but Diana's daughter strips her of interesting and important connections.
    I'd expect her to be either from the future or an alternate universe, but I'm fascinated by the possibility that she could just be Diana's daughter from the Prime universe. Who would her father be? My first thought is let Steve be her father still through time travel. Possibly that could allow her to exist by changing the past.
    Unfortunately the superfluous creation of Trinity makes it less likely they'd give Diana another daughter anytime soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hmmn. That one write-up says Fury can run at super-speed. Have we ever seen her do that? What about move at super-speed when fighting someone?
    Well, her powers are based on Golden Age Wonder Woman -- who was faster than other humans, but not in the category of DC speedsters like the Flash. I think by default, she was comparable to Donna Troy except she didn't have flight or a lass -- or even bracelets.

But I would prefer that they revert to her classic origin and just make her from another reality/universe.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I'd love to see Lyta back full time if done well. Her origin is a real stumbling block to making her work. It would be a real shock to suddenly reveal Diana has had a grown daughter all this time. But having Lyta be anyone but Diana's daughter strips her of interesting and important connections.
    I'd expect her to be either from the future or an alternate universe, but I'm fascinated by the possibility that she could just be Diana's daughter from the Prime universe. Who would her father be? My first thought is let Steve be her father still through time travel. Possibly that could allow her to exist by changing the past.
    Unfortunately the superfluous creation of Trinity makes it less likely they'd give Diana another daughter anytime soon.
    Just keep her on the proper Earth 2.... Easy peasy, no need for complicated reboots

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They already gave her a new origin/mother after COIE and I didnt dig it. Either she is Lyta Trevor or...maybe best to just retire her and/or fully rebrand. Drop the Fury bit.

Interesting that they looked into making her a villain back in the day
    Fury (Lyta Trevor) initially was supposed to betray her teammates. “After all,” Thomas chuckles, “the old, original Furies of myth were pretty fierce creatures.”

At one point there was a discussion where it was suggested that maybe she suffered from living in her mother’s shadow and, like Dr. Doom, had a slight scar or imperfection that drove her mad.
    https://13thdimension.com/thomas-and...the-ground-up/
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 08-16-2023 at 05:49 PM.

Astonishing Member

Was not aware of that. I know TwoMorrow's has at least one publication that discusses the origins of Infinity Inc. It's on my wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Well, her powers are based on Golden Age Wonder Woman -- who was faster than other humans, but not in the category of DC speedsters like the Flash. I think by default, she was comparable to Donna Troy except she didn't have flight or a lass -- or even bracelets.

But I would prefer that they revert to her classic origin and just make her from another reality/universe.
    In the Golden Age omnibuses I know there's a story where WW runs around the Earth in a second. So her speed was established to be comparable to speedsters like Flash.
    DC wiki does list her as having super human speed. It would make sense that Lyta has some level of super speed as well, but less than her mother.

Yes, I agree. I would love to see Lyta back, with a new costume and some new adventures.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m up for a redesigned costume that pays homage to the original and I’d keep the red and gold colors - that color scheme is unique to her compared to the other Amazons’s costumes.
    I would be okay with this, but something less....jumbled.. than her original costume and more in line for the Daughter of Wonder Woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I like her costume, but could see some sort of an update. What I wouldn't want is her costume to be WW-ish. No tiara, no eagle, no lasso or red white and blue. She's her own character, the way Nightwing is. And I like how elements of her costume are a sort of reverse-play on Diana's... Her headpiece is red with gold, not gold with red. It's rounder and Diana's is sharp. She's more covered vs Diana's being less..... cape vs no cape. Just bracelets vs actual gloves gauntlets.
    I even like the breastplate only covering half her torso-- a double homage. One to the fact that many ancient Amazons are depicted covering one breast, and the false assumption that they removed one breast.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I also like her original outfit, but will concede that a few modernization wouldn't hurt. I do like the golden breast plate and that she's the only WW character to consistently wear a cape.
    TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE had an interesting hybrid suit made from the tatters of her Fury outfit and the remnants of her mother's costume when Lyta took on the WW mantle to battle Surtur. It reads a bit too much like Cassie's suit but I suppose the WW brand is visually strong that that would be so in most cases of someone following Diana.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE had an interesting hybrid suit made from the tatters of her Fury outfit and the remnants of her mother's costume when Lyta took on the WW mantle to battle Surtur. It reads a bit too much like Cassie's suit but I suppose the WW brand is visually strong that that would be so in most cases of someone following Diana.

Yeah....but NO, that is not it! That is not the costume befitting the daughter of the legendary Wonder Woman!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

That costume was fine for that story -- but no way I'd want to see that as her permanent outfit!

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    In the Golden Age omnibuses I know there's a story where WW runs around the Earth in a second. So her speed was established to be comparable to speedsters like Flash.
    DC wiki does list her as having super human speed. It would make sense that Lyta has some level of super speed as well, but less than her mother.
    For whatever reason, posters love diminishing WWs powers. I am glad that there are those like you out there to set the record straight.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Changing Fury's mother from Helena Kosmatos and rasied by Miss America Joan Dale Trevor and her husband would be more damage to the character than is necessary. What is needed is fleshing out her parentage (who is her father?), fleshing out her own character and her powers. Unfortunately, DC cant seem to do anything with the other Wonder Girl it already has with some similar questions specifically Cassie Sandsmark. I dont really expect them to do anything with her sadly.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Changing Fury's mother from Helena Kosmatos and rasied by Miss America Joan Dale Trevor and her husband would be more damage to the character than is necessary. What is needed is fleshing out her parentage (who is her father?), fleshing out her own character and her powers. Unfortunately, DC cant seem to do anything with the other Wonder Girl it already has with some similar questions specifically Cassie Sandsmark. I dont really expect them to do anything with her sadly.
    But if Lyta's birth mother was changed back to being Diana / Wonder Woman as it originally was, it wouldn't be a problem.