Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But if Lyta's birth mother was changed back to being Diana / Wonder Woman as it originally was, it wouldn't be a problem.
    Which is obviously not going to happen, otherwise they would have done that instead of introducing Trinity. So...deal with it as it is...
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Which is obviously not going to happen, otherwise they would have done that instead of introducing Trinity. So...deal with it as it is...
    Actually, when it comes to Trinity, I don't/won't have to "deal with it" because I don't buy/read books written solely by Tom King.

Actually, when it comes to Trinity, I don't/won't have to "deal with it" because I don't buy/read books written solely by Tom King.
    Be that as it may...the Wonder Woman as Fury's mother time has passed and will likely never be revisited on Prime Earth regardless of what you would like to see happen. Kind of like the guy who keeps asking for Roy Harper to be in the JSA.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Extraordinary Member

Be that as it may...the Wonder Woman as Fury's mother time has passed and will likely never be revisited on Prime Earth regardless of what you would like to see happen. Kind of like the guy who keeps asking for Roy Harper to be in the JSA.
    Yep, I agree.

By the way, it's not that I want Wonder Woman back as Lyta's birth mother. It's just that Lyta's situation had to change after CoIE because there was no longer a Diana-as-Wonder-Woman during the period of the Golden Age after CoIE. But now that we appear to have reverted back to Diana in the U.S. during that period, . . .
    Besides, who knows if DC will ever bring back Lyta and Hector these days, so it may be a moot issue.

By the way, it's not that I want Wonder Woman back as Lyta's birth mother. It's just that Lyta's situation had to change after CoIE because there was no longer a Diana-as-Wonder-Woman during the period of the Golden Age after CoIE. But now that we appear to have reverted back to Diana in the U.S. during that period, . . .
    Besides, who knows if DC will ever bring back Lyta and Hector these days, so it may be a moot issue.
    It's not that you want Diana back as her mother yet you spent post after post talking about nothing but? ok.

I’ve said it a thousand times about Lyta Trevor… if we can have Power Girl and a Helena Wayne Huntress back in continuity in some form, we can have The Fabulous Fury baa k in action and in the Wonder world.

Make her the daughter of Diana and Steve from another Earth and have her take up residency on the main Earth.

Pull her out of the Dreaming and explain that while the world has Crisis-ed and rebooted a number of times, the Dreaming was not as affected and now she’s back to take her place in the mortal realm again.

So many ways to do it without all the fuss and worry. People would rather have her back and see where she goes as a character instead of having it make perfect sense. (This is superhero fiction. None of it has to make perfect sense.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’ve said it a thousand times about Lyta Trevor… if we can have Power Girl and a Helena Wayne Huntress back in continuity in some form, we can have The Fabulous Fury baa k in action and in the Wonder world.

Make her the daughter of Diana and Steve from another Earth and have her take up residency on the main Earth.

Pull her out of the Dreaming and explain that while the world has Crisis-ed and rebooted a number of times, the Dreaming was not as affected and now she’s back to take her place in the mortal realm again.

So many ways to do it without all the fuss and worry. People would rather have her back and see where she goes as a character instead of having it make perfect sense. (This is superhero fiction. None of it has to make perfect sense.)
    She was already back in the Wonder Woman mythos 20 years ago. When it was revealed Helena Kosmatos Fury was Hippolyta’s sidekick during world war 2. And that she named her daughter Lyta after Hippolyta.

Helena Kosmotas is still in continuity now. So she’s still Lyta’s mother. So the only difference now would be Helena was Diana’s sidekick during world war 2.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

This would work. I'd prefer Justice Society etc be on Earth Two ( main Earth is so cluttered) but if we want Fury on this Earth, having her visit from Earth Two and decide to spend some time here would work for me. Maintains her correct origin but allows for more adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She was already back in the Wonder Woman mythos 20 years ago. When it was revealed Helena Kosmatos Fury was Hippolyta’s sidekick during world war 2. And that she named her daughter Lyta after Hippolyta.

Helena Kosmotas is still in continuity now. So she’s still Lyta’s mother. So the only difference now would be Helena was Diana’s sidekick during world war 2.
    Since Hippolyta's time as WW during the war is no longer valid continuity on main Earth, there's nothing saying Diana automatically takes over those stories. Hippolyta as WW was removed from.continuity long long ago.

Astonishing Member

Changing Fury's mother from Helena Kosmatos and rasied by Miss America Joan Dale Trevor and her husband would be more damage to the character than is necessary. What is needed is fleshing out her parentage (who is her father?), fleshing out her own character and her powers. Unfortunately, DC cant seem to do anything with the other Wonder Girl it already has with some similar questions specifically Cassie Sandsmark. I dont really expect them to do anything with her sadly.
    No, I disagree. With all of the multiverses -- and with Lyta of current Earth apparently gone forever -- just go back to the reason she was created in the first place -- daughter of Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor -- from those old Golden Age stories (on whichever Earth that occurred). Fury II never really made much of a mark, and could be swiped under the rug -- or could just be disconnected from Lyta if someone wants to do something with Helena.
    Last edited by kcekada; 08-21-2023 at 09:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Well yes and no. Tom King is unlikely to use Lyta -- as it would diminish his own creation. Future writers may feel differently.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Well yes and no. Tom King is unlikely to use Lyta -- as it would diminish his own creation. Future writers may feel differently.
    He won't. He already stated he thought about it and decided against it

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Yeah, I never liked that retcon, so I ignore it as the DCU has been rebooted probably a couple of times since then.

I prefer Lyta as the daughter of Diana and Steve. She resonates best to me that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    This would work. I'd prefer Justice Society etc be on Earth Two ( main Earth is so cluttered) but if we want Fury on this Earth, having her visit from Earth Two and decide to spend some time here would work for me. Maintains her correct origin but allows for more adventures
    I definitely agree with that option or another Earth 2/Two style reality.