Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    It's strange in restrospect why DC never pushed Sara Lance as White Canary in the comics.
    Too much of a retcon to invent a heretofore unknown sibling? Though I guess with all the continuity restarts, Canary Sisters could be done...but it always felt like Arrowverse Sara was brought on because they had already mangled Laurel growing into the Canary role already and needed a fresh canvas to weave the character.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I think it would have been a clunky transition.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im for bringing in a relative, but not as a Canary. Sara was originally going to be Ravager but they decided against it (and didn't tell KC)

There are a few too many people on the forums who just assume that synergy with outside media is something that the comics should be eager to do, when recent history has been that the comics are far more likely to resist and defy synergy. The comics have not given a damn about Sara Lance (or just about anything from the LoT show), Freeland, or the Arrowverse's versions of characters like Cisco Ramone or Ryan Choi. I think they resent the hell out of fans' assumptions that the comics should follow the lead of various TV shows and films. (It also makes one question why they sometimes *do* incorporate elements like John Diggle.)

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    There are a few too many people on the forums who just assume that synergy with outside media is something that the comics should be eager to do, when recent history has been that the comics are far more likely to resist and defy synergy. The comics have not given a damn about Sara Lance (or just about anything from the LoT show), Freeland, or the Arrowverse's versions of characters like Cisco Ramone or Ryan Choi. I think they resent the hell out of fans' assumptions that the comics should follow the lead of various TV shows and films. (It also makes one question why they sometimes *do* incorporate elements like John Diggle.)
    Even though I dont need anyone introduced by Arrow to be introduced into comics, you do realize how many big characters/items are created in outside media? Kryptonite is not from the comics. Nora Fries is not from the comics. List is long.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Even though I dont need anyone introduced by Arrow to be introduced into comics, you do realize how many big characters/items are created in outside media? Kryptonite is not from the comics. Nora Fries is not from the comics. List is long.
    I was talking about recent outside media, like the last ten years or so. I'm well aware of Kryptonite and Nora Fries's origins, same as Jimmy Olsen. I remember when DC tried to introduce a version of Chloe Sullivan into the comics....and soon after dropped her like a hot potato (and this was before the actress's recent legal troubles concerning the cult she was in). Hell, I remember when the Batbooks incorporated the almost all-black Bat-costume from the Burton movies and ditched the blue and grey, Silver/Bronze Age outfit (and quite a few fans were unhappy about it).

But during the bulk of the Arrowverse's run, I've seen multiple instances of fans on these forums being confounded that the comics didn't just reshape itself entirely to reflect or incorporate every new character or drastic reinterpretation of existing characters. Sure, comics versions of John Diggle and Dreamer have beien introduced. But the comics have, actively or passively, resisted many fans' hopes or expectations that many more Arrowverse-original characters would be incorporated as well. More often than not, the comics have refused to just "follow the TV show's lead."

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Othell Flowers.

BCmotorcycle.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Othell Flowers.

BCmotorcycle.jpg
    I love his art and his Canary does not disappoint!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Othell Flowers.

BCmotorcycle.jpg
    I love this !

It's crazy to think that we had 13 straight years of Dinah always being on screen in some sort of capacity in live action. She's the most adapted female hero in general.

It's crazy to think that we had 13 straight years of Dinah always being on screen in some sort of capacity in live action. She's the most adapted female hero in general.
    Even if the actual depictions weren't always great, you do have to admire the consistency.

DCAU, Brave and the Bold, and YJ are the GOAT .

Agreed. DCAU and YJ versions deserve a spin off.