Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Marvel was already aware than the Marvels will don't work (it's not really a surprise with the lack of promo):

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ls-1235645119/

" But it wasn’t the first warning sign that something was amiss within Marvel in terms of quality control as Feige’s team went into overdrive producing shows for streaming; features Eternals and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantamania were also slapped with B CinemaScore, while audiences began complaining about keeping up with an increasing number of shows on Disney+ to understand the overarching MCU story."

"Behind the scenes, Marvel Studios and Disney were well aware The Marvels was in trouble before it hit the big screen. There was also a recognition that Feige and his team needed time to take a stock of their theatrical tentpoles, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. On Nov. 8, Bob Iger said during on an earnings call that Disney’s movie empire has “lost focus” because of an emphasis on quantity over quality in the rush to feed Disney+ under the Bob Chapek regime (though it was Iger himself who initiated this push before Chapek’s reign.) Feige and his team felt this mandate keenly, to detriment of Marvel’s movies, sources say."

" Rather than being a straight-up sequel to the billion-dollar blockbuster Captain Marvel, The Marvels is something of a mashup. In the movie, Larson is joined by Iman Vellani, the breakout star of the Disney+ series Ms. Marvel, as well as WandaVision‘s Teyonah Parris as the grown-up version of Captain Marvel character Monica Rambeau. Mixing and matching characters for sequels is a game plan Marvel has used in the past on films like Captain America: Civil War, which featured nearly every Marvel character imaginable, but to much different results, grossing $1.15 billion in 2016.

“Why not simply make Captain Marvel 2? Why produce The Marvels when your audience identified, empathized, and even hero-identified with Brie Larson’s character? More importantly, why offer people similar or the same characters and stories that are on Disney+ if you expect them to go to a theater together? Disney/Marvel diluted their product,” says one film producer. “Of course, a picture works or fails for other reasons too, but losing so much value picture-over-picture is rare and hard to do.”

I feel they have sacrified somehow the Marvels with this mix between tv shows and movies, it's clearly the main reason of the bad box office imo (with the stike), but Disney plus is more important (in term of moneys etc...).
    I don't buy the fact that people complain that there are too many shows they need to keep up on, all the while they binge every season of the Office, Real House Wives etc like it's never going to come back.
    For Marvels, you didn't need to watch anything to understand what was going on. But if you wanted to, you would watch 6 Episodes of Ms Marvel and 9 of Wandavision. So 15 episodes in over 2 years. Yeah, that is WAY to difficult to keep up.
    The Reality of it is that MCU is not Must See anymore. The Pandemic slowed that down dramatically. Now they need to slow down too and build it back up to what it was. Plus when one is on top so long, people start to hate it, be it the Yankees, Cowboys, Patriots, Friends, Office, Seinfeld, MCU etc. It's the human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Kamala has her big family which is big part of her story. Monica similarly is trying to get over the death of her Mom and how she was not there when she died and then you have Carol who simply seem to have willed herself to existence considering there is nothing about her family, friends or relatives other than Maria.

Maybe she is an Orphan but how can orphan get into cart racing and stuff when she was young. Nothing about her flashback suggest she was raised in orphanage. Considering how family was a big part of the other two characters and loneliness was Carol's problem. I dont understand how the writers of the movie don't even give a hint.
    I don't think Carol needs a backstory. She is who she is and don't need armchair Freud's to make sense of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I don't think Carol needs a backstory. She is who she is and don't need armchair Freud's to make sense of it all.
    It would help to humanize her and make her more relatable

Wong's Carol feels a lot stiffer than Thompson's.

Yuna really wears her thief outfit to her college classes or is that just for artistic effect?

(Also in case anyone had doubts Yuna liked girls )

Okay, I'm confused. I thought Wiccan and Hulkling had the nega-bands? They were made into their wedding rings?

There's more than one set. They have Mar-Vell's. Yuna has Genis's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's more than one set. They have Mar-Vell's. Yuna has Genis's.
    ...how many of those things are there? I thought they were like special or something

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It would help to humanize her and make her more relatable
    She needs a life on Earth -- a civilian identity would help -- if MCU heroes have those.

Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredReality View Post
    ...how many of those things are there? I thought they were like special or something
    At least four. Mar, Genis, and Phyla all had a set. The Skrulls also acquired a set for use by an imposter Mar-Vell.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Nega-Bands
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

At least four. Mar, Genis, and Phyla all had a set. The Skrulls also acquired a set for use by an imposter Mar-Vell.
    There was this avengers storyline when kamala was on the team where the team swapped places with nega-bands, but I guess those could have been annihilus's. I suppose the real answer is "there are as many as the writers want"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wong's Carol feels a lot stiffer than Thompson's.

Yuna really wears her thief outfit to her college classes or is that just for artistic effect?

(Also in case anyone had doubts Yuna liked girls )
    Alyssa Wong is writing the book I'm shocked that anyone had doubts.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredReality View Post
    There was this avengers storyline when kamala was on the team where the team swapped places with nega-bands, but I guess those could have been annihilus's. I suppose the real answer is "there are as many as the writers want"
    You must mean the arc where they went to space to try and find Nova's father. Phyla and Genis were both dead at the time and Hulkling wasn't married yet, so all of the Nega-Bands were unaccounted for at the time. Genis only came back recently in the Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel mini, and current Phyla is from an alternate universe.

You must mean the arc where they went to space to try and find Nova's father. Phyla and Genis were both dead at the time and Hulkling wasn't married yet, so all of the Nega-Bands were unaccounted for at the time. Genis only came back recently in the Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel mini, and current Phyla is from an alternate universe.
    I can't wait for the inevitable story arc where some super-villain tracks down every single pair of bands and melts them down into one single pair of mega-bands to simplify things.

Extraordinary Member

Robbie Rider also has a pair.

Edit...they updated the page since I last read it a while ago.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?