Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Here is the complete design showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    While I love the Gala look. I'm not feeling the action look. And I need to see it without the jacket which is overly busy. For some reason I'm having N52 Wonder Woman flashbacks.
    If Carol were a ships captain (Ohhhhh she's got some Kate the Red's Marauder swagger!), the new costume looks like something she would wear when off-active duty but still on diplomatic duty - not something to wear into combat.
    Maybe the jacket won't be a constant presence?
    And the hair? First Starfire at DC (or maybe MCU Black Widow?) and now Carol...are massive braids the new black? Not a complaint...

Last edited by Thirteen; 06-16-2023 at 01:30 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I actually really like this costume. It is an interesting approach to Carol's costume. Also, Alyssa Wong has some big boots to fill after Thompson's run.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I've liked some of what Alyssa's written but using her Gala look for her Superhero suit is kind of Eh to me.

It just looks way too casual and less "Super" to feel like a proper costume. It feels more like something America Chavez would wear. She looks more like she's going out on the town or on a date than engaging in Superhero fisticuffs.

And we know her traditional suit is going to eventually come back anyways.

FINALLY she has a new costume and i love it. I love how the Hellfire Gala has becoming a testing ground for new costume prototypes

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Here is the complete design showcase

Thanks G.

It seems too much like casual/street wear. Like a "demotion" from her current look and status. And I hate the illusion of her high waist with the placement of the red band.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I just realized the sash is on the jacket which is another oddity.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    FINALLY she has a new costume and i love it. I love how the Hellfire Gala has becoming a testing ground for new costume prototypes
    Yeah, Jean Grey's current look was also a simplification of a Hellfire Gala costume - that one replaced her retro 60s look.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Jean Grey's current look was also a simplification of a Hellfire Gala costume - that one replaced her retro 60s look.
    Wanda got hers from the HG too. Storm wore hers in S.W.O.R.D. Synch briefly wore his HG on one mission and IMO, it should have become his new default.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just realized the sash is on the jacket which is another oddity.
    I hadnt noticed it either but its clearly a throwback to her Ms. Marvel costumes

Cool costume, if a bit over-designed. Those poor interior artists are going to have their work cut out for them drawing all those details. I like it better than the previous suit though, and the braided hairdo is good. I wonder if this is a design change that will stick long-term.

I just noticed that the hand/arm part at least feels inspired from her upcoming look in the movie

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Cool costume, if a bit over-designed. Those poor interior artists are going to have their work cut out for them drawing all those details. I like it better than the previous suit though, and the braided hairdo is good. I wonder if this is a design change that will stick long-term.
    Carol doesn't strike me as the braided hair type outside a formal function...which, honestly, is what this was designed for more than a Superhero costume. Doesn't feel as versatile as some of the Hellfire Gala looks in my opinion even if with Bartel's modifications.

Although it is kind of funny to me that both her and Starfire from DC have braided hair right now.
    I just noticed that the hand/arm part at least feels inspired from her upcoming look in the movie

It was weird to me there too .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Carol doesn't strike me as the braided hair type outside a formal function...which, honestly, is what this was designed for more than a Superhero costume. Doesn't feel as versatile as some of the Hellfire Gala looks in my opinion even if with Bartel's modifications.

Although it is kind of funny to me that both her and Starfire from DC have braided hair right now.

It was weird to me there too .
    Lets be real. Itll probably be braided for the first few issues and then most artists will draw her with a standard ponytail or her hair out

Lets be real. Itll probably be braided for the first few issues and then most artists will draw her with a standard ponytail or her hair out
    Kind of reminds me of how long the mohawk lasted .

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I dont mind the costume overall...I do think the black on the top is a bit odd and would have been better as blue. It does seem overly busy and could use a simplification.

Wanda got hers from the HG too. Storm wore hers in S.W.O.R.D. Synch briefly wore his HG on one mission and IMO, it should have become his new default.
    Since Synch's current costume is pretty similar to the generic X-Men training uniform, yeah, he could do with a new look.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman