Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Back in the day this was her reaction to the Cockrum suit:

Because like Wonder Woman's underpants look she didn't let it define her

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't she have an apartment?

I totally forgot about the statue of liberty thing.
    She used to live in an apartment in New York next to kit, but then she moved out to live on the statue of Liberty, and now she lives... Somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredReality View Post
    was it ever explained why carol moved out of the statue of liberty into a ...random house? where is the house, anyway? the one with the secret underground base
    Because she left New York completely. The house with the underground base is in her hometown in Maine.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    I am not looking forward to Carol being depowerd or playing second fiddle to Rogue
    She pretty much went through that arc minus Rogue in her first film so I dont see them redoing it once Rogue is officially in the MCU

Well i suppose it doesn't really matter in the end where she lives, since she travels wherever she wants for her stories anyway

Now that I think about it didn't she move in back to her hometown or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    The box office is abysmal, you'll hear a lot about it in coming days/weeks/years.
    Grace Randolph just weighed in. It. Is. Brutal. Something that was interesting is Grace reveals that the audience was 65 percent male. This would be where someone would lighten the mood with a "Imagine how much higher it would have been if she wore the black suit!" joke. Starting at 15:45 she also sadly laments that Marvel has missed their chance to make Captain Marvel matter like Iron Man and Captain America matter in the pop culture landscape. Everyone still seems a little serious so I will just post the link.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ63-v...cmFuZG9scGg%3D
    Last edited by Anthony W; 11-12-2023 at 05:24 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Having Kamala and Monica in this hurt Carol's chance for needed character development. Like Carol should have had this movie about her finally dealing with the Kree for good not a wacky space romp with two co leads. Now she might not even come back.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Grace Randolph just weighed in. It. Is. Brutal. Something that was interesting is Grace reveals that the audience was 65 percent male. This would be where someone would lighten the mood with a "Imagine how much higher it would have been if she wore the black suit!" joke. Starting at 15:45 she also sadly laments that Marvel has missed their chance to make Captain Marvel matter like Iron Man and Captain America matter in the pop culture landscape. Everyone still seems a little serious so I will just post the link.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ63-v...cmFuZG9scGg%3D
    Congratulations to Kevin, Nia, the writers and Brie. They have created CBM history..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Having Kamala and Monica in this hurt Carol's chance for needed character development.
    I agree.

Don't think it was the place to advance Monica's story -- and especially not Kamala's. I know her character was introduced in CM, but that movie had a lot of flaws -- one of the worst being set 20 years in the past. Also, I'm not feeling Carol as a cosmic character. I love cosmic characters, but I like Carol a little more grounded -- and only occasionally doing the space thing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I agree.

Don't think it was the place to advance Monica's story -- and especially not Kamala's. I know her character was introduced in CM, but that movie had a lot of flaws -- one of the worst being set 20 years in the past. Also, I'm not feeling Carol as a cosmic character. I love cosmic characters, but I like Carol a little more grounded -- and only occasionally doing the space thing.

Disagree. Maria and Monica are integral characters to Carol's story in the MCU. Having Monica and Carol team up would advance both of their characters and stories naturally since they already have a shared history and relationship. They could have saved the Kamala introduction for the 3rd film or for the next Avengers.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Disagree. Maria and Monica are integral characters to Carol's story in the MCU. Having Monica and Carol team up would advance both of their characters and stories naturally since they already have a shared history and relationship. They could have saved the Kamala introduction for the 3rd film or for the next Avengers.
    How? Maria is Carol friend and Monica her daughter. They are not that integral and any sense of proper relationship was lost when they aged Monica to be a mature adult. Entire aunt nephew doesn't work when Teyonnah and Brie are same age and Teyonnah looks more mature and Monica herself is a mature intelligent character

My billion dollar question is where is Carol's actual family or friends or romance. Comics Carol would never be this lonely and its unbelievable that somehow Carol is still alone after 30 years.

My billion dollar question is where is Carol's actual family or friends or romance. Comics Carol would never be this lonely and its unbelievable that somehow Carol is still alone after 30 years.
    They were the oppresors worse than the kree. Bad, bad people.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Maybe the writers thought that that the character would appear weak or stereotypical if they needed those things?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Maybe the writers thought that that the character would appear weak or stereotypical if they needed those things?
    Yeah, that's why they didn't give her friends in the first movie and are having her team up with two other female characters in this one. Because they think Carol needing help makes her weak.