Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Kelly Thompson AMA. Looks like her next book might be a DC team book as she mentions wanting to write Batman and Wonder Woman, then says "'I'd add a bunch of characters here but maaaaaybe I'm writing one of my dream projects right now that includes a whole bunch of them? ;D"

And here's a bit about Captain Marvel.
    My original pitch for Captain Marvel was just a five-issue arc. Though I pitched a few arcs that would have taken us through probably a first year. Famously, the Falling Star arc was supposed to come first, but Marvel got excited about the Nuclear Man stuff and all Carmen's "Mad Max-y" designs and decided to go with that arc first. Everything from then on was just planning arc to arc. I don't think any ideas got cut, it was more just that some things I would have liked to do didn't fit with other things going on in the Marvel U (i.e. I love Mystique and would have been interested in featuring her -- but for where Mystique is at right now it didn't make sense to use her -- and I'm sure I wouldn't have been allowed due to other things going on with her). I had also been wanting to use The Brood (and X-Men!) since day one, but fortunately that one panned out for our final arc -- issue #49 is out today! ;D
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/commu...hread/16985723
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Carol vs Mystique and Destiny would've been fun...

It's party time!

I wonder if they mixed in some actual creators in the group shot?

Is Kelly Sue Deconnick's Captain Marvel omnibus worth getting? I read the first issue or so when they originally came out and it didn't grab me but I've been in the mood to read some more Carol lately. Just wondered if I should start there or skip and go with Kelly Thompson's omni?

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    Is Kelly Sue Deconnick's Captain Marvel omnibus worth getting? I read the first issue or so when they originally came out and it didn't grab me but I've been in the mood to read some more Carol lately. Just wondered if I should start there or skip and go with Kelly Thompson's omni?
    I think it's pretty solid and sets up a lot of Carol's modern characterization and paradigm that goes into Thompson's run.

Fantastic Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...rol-into-space

Here's the first look at Captain Marvel: Dark Tempest #1

Mighty Member

capmarv2019050010s_col.jpg

Just wanna ask who are these actually?

Northstar and Wonder Man? That's just a guess I'm afraid.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Just wanna ask who are these actually?
    Bucky & Daredevil

https://1979semifinalist.substack.com/p/did-you-win

Bucky? That's a continuity error then. His current status quo means he wouldn't be hanging out with the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...rol-into-space

Here's the first look at Captain Marvel: Dark Tempest #1
    Art looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kelly Thompson AMA. Looks like her next book might be a DC team book as she mentions wanting to write Batman and Wonder Woman, then says "'I'd add a bunch of characters here but maaaaaybe I'm writing one of my dream projects right now that includes a whole bunch of them? ;D"
    This has been proven right - she's on Birds of Prey.
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...03605386080257

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bucky? That's a continuity error then. His current status quo means he wouldn't be hanging out with the heroes.
    Depends on when the scene is taking place. This could possibly be set before some of the recent events in the CAP books.