Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm surprised how much comment goes on about her costume. Short of it being outright ugly, I'm indifferent: I'd kind of like it to change with Carol's whim, actually, well within her 'power set,' right? I was/am surprised at Carol's without hesitation or apparent thought BLASTING an apparent stranger who'd said little beyond complimenting Carol's new suit. I've read that several times and can't understand: she's just defied common physics and saved a falling building (not a window shattered!), so I'd expect her mood to be good. A new character appears, compliments her, and KA-THOOM. Because her spider-sense tingled? Because the newcomer has clawed hands? I dunno, but it bothered me. I'd like to see another character like Binary, someone Carol can explain human behavior to, a younger Marvel if that's how it goes. I felt that lack this new first issue, until Yuna Yang clanged the bracelets. Perhaps she'll take that role. I never cared for or followed Genis Vell, so he'll be new territory for me. But I've known Carol Danvers since before Ms. Marvel, and most 'Marvels' since, have my favorite series, and lesser pleasures. This has possibilities for joining my favorites. See ya next issue.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Yeah, Carol can summon her costume any time, she doesn't have to wear it under her street clothes. I think she's had that ability since her 2000s Ms. Marvel solo at least.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Carol can summon her costume any time, she doesn't have to wear it under her street clothes. I think she's had that ability since her 2000s Ms. Marvel solo at least.
    How is that possible? Thats not a part of her powerset? Did they give her the generic "Pym Particles" excuse?

Something something cosmic .

Her costumes have been Unstable Molecules ever since the Cockrum design debuted. So it's possibly the same tech that allowed Future Foundation Spider-Man to switch to his classic red and blue or black suits.

She most recently demonstrated the instant suit change thing at the Hellfire Gala.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

She always had that ability since her first series. But I think it was built into the costume -- and not an innate ability.

Line It Is Drawn: The Marvels
    https://www.cbr.com/line-it-is-drawn...h-the-marvels/

Not very imaginative. The team-ups shown are Miracleman (aka Marvelman), Shazam (aka Captain Marvel), Sharon Ventura (Ms. Marvel), and Jean Grey (Marvel Girl).

Captain Marvel #5 costumes variant by Russell Dauterman
    https://x.com/rdauterman/status/1721...425320762?s=20

First reactions is in for the movie. They loved it! (Other than grace of course. She hates everything.) Edit--nope she liked it also!

https://comicbookmovie.com/captain-m...7682#gs.054dwk
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-08-2023 at 05:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    First reactions is in for the movie. They loved it! (Other than grace of course. She hates everything.)

https://comicbookmovie.com/captain-m...7682#gs.054dwk
    Reading what she said i thought she liked it. She said it was a fun movie.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I recognise most of them, but not the one at the bottom left. What's that from?

Non-Binary Starjammer Carol from MUTANT X

What's the cloaked (?) one to the right of that one?

Wish we'd gotten EARTH X Carol
    Earth X Carol Danvers.jpg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 11-08-2023 at 07:10 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member

No idea. I take it the green one is her first movie uniform.

I liked all of the classic ones, but never got into any of her modern day uniforms. I think the one in the film that removes those annoying stripes around the logo is a huge improvement and is closer to classic Marvel look. I hate the Bolero jacket -- too frilly!

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Dauterman framed this different than his usual costume pieces, but it's great to see so many classic Carol costumes .

I like how the Cockrum Ms. Marvel is the highest up there next to the main CM suit.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    No idea. I take it the green one is her first movie uniform.
    The green one is from the EMPYRE event when Carol acted as an Kree Accuser.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.