Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

It's getting weird

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

It’s a shame Kelly doesn’t do more with the Kree. Id love to see her interact with Captain Atlas, Minerva, even a resurrected Captain Glory. I really want to see her get cosmic awareness, and maybe interact with some Marvel Universe abstract cosmic beings. Maybe a follow up of the Empyre fallout. Also—really want to see Ove return. Maybe have a team up with Namor too? So many things I want to see in this new year.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s a shame Kelly doesn’t do more with the Kree. Id love to see her interact with Captain Atlas, Minerva, even a resurrected Captain Glory. I really want to see her get cosmic awareness, and maybe interact with some Marvel Universe abstract cosmic beings. Maybe a follow up of the Empyre fallout. Also—really want to see Ove return. Maybe have a team up with Namor too? So many things I want to see in this new year.
    I wish Kelly do a lot more with the story beats she's introduced...seems like Carol's always just going off and doing some new thing and not dwelling on it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish Kelly do a lot more with the story beats she's introduced...seems like Carol's always just going off and doing some new thing and not dwelling on it much.
    Yeah, that’s another thing that’s really been driving me crazy about this run.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Astonishing Member

There are definitely some story threads from earlier in the run I'd like to see revisited too, but to be fair we have seen some villains and plot threads turn up again. Vox Supreme was the villain who turned Carol against her fellow Avengers with the "Dark Captain Marvel" costume, and then returned for the "Last Of The Marvels" arc targeting other "Marvel-related" heroes like Monica, Kamala, Genis, etc. Her experience with Ove in the altnertae future arc led to Carol trying to learn how to deal with magic in the following arc -- and that in turn led to the recent arc where Enchantress had Carol put on trial for crimes against magic.

That said, there are definitely some other follow-ups I'd like to see too. We haven't seen Doctor Minerva since she created Star, so I'd love to see her turn up again (and Star too, for that matter). A rematch with Mahkizmo (Nuclear Man) would be fun.

Going further back to DeConnick's run, Yon-Rogg was revived as Magnitron and given his ties to her origin and the damage her managed to do to her in his last appearance he is a strong arch-foe candidate for Carol who would be good to bring back.

Brian Reed's MS. MARVEL run also introduced some new foes for Carol. I'd like to see someone bring back Head Case -- he started out as an AIM agent named Sean Madigan, who was the son of MODOK (before he became MODOK). He was working to destroy AIM from within--until he was shot and killed by Monica Rappaccini. His skull and brain were preserved by AIM scientists and attached to a robot body as Head Case. He had a handful of recurring appearances as Madigan, but after Reed set up his origin as Head Case he never ended up bringing him back again before the series ended. Plenty of untapped potential there to play with.

Chewie shows up in It's Jeff #24. Jeff the Land Shark calls in a Pet Avengers team, and Carol's pet is unsurprisingly (given that Kelly Thompson is the writer) among them (the others are Squirrel Girl's favourite squirrel Tippy Toe, Hawkeye's Lucky the Pizza Dog, the Runaways' dinosaur Old Lace, Kate Pryde's dragon Lockheed, and an alligator Loki).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    There are definitely some story threads from earlier in the run I'd like to see revisited too, but to be fair we have seen some villains and plot threads turn up again. Vox Supreme was the villain who turned Carol against her fellow Avengers with the "Dark Captain Marvel" costume, and then returned for the "Last Of The Marvels" arc targeting other "Marvel-related" heroes like Monica, Kamala, Genis, etc. Her experience with Ove in the altnertae future arc led to Carol trying to learn how to deal with magic in the following arc -- and that in turn led to the recent arc where Enchantress had Carol put on trial for crimes against magic.

That said, there are definitely some other follow-ups I'd like to see too. We haven't seen Doctor Minerva since she created Star, so I'd love to see her turn up again (and Star too, for that matter). A rematch with Mahkizmo (Nuclear Man) would be fun.

Going further back to DeConnick's run, Yon-Rogg was revived as Magnitron and given his ties to her origin and the damage her managed to do to her in his last appearance he is a strong arch-foe candidate for Carol who would be good to bring back.

Brian Reed's MS. MARVEL run also introduced some new foes for Carol. I'd like to see someone bring back Head Case -- he started out as an AIM agent named Sean Madigan, who was the son of MODOK (before he became MODOK). He was working to destroy AIM from within--until he was shot and killed by Monica Rappaccini. His skull and brain were preserved by AIM scientists and attached to a robot body as Head Case. He had a handful of recurring appearances as Madigan, but after Reed set up his origin as Head Case he never ended up bringing him back again before the series ended. Plenty of untapped potential there to play with.
    I remember back when everyone thought Moonstone would be Carol's new archnemesis after Dark Reign and it never happened .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember back when everyone thought Moonstone would be Carol's new archnemesis after Dark Reign and it never happened .
    And I am grateful for that.

Don't get me wrong--I love Moonstone! Karla was one of my favourite Thunderbolts and she's one of my favourite villains. I would love to see more of her. But I was never a fan of the notion that she and Carol would now have some ongoing grudge match like She-Hulk and Titania just because Osborn had Karla dress up in one of Carol's old costumes for a while. Not only was there absolutely no prior history between Carol and Karla (even in the various Avengers/Thunderbolts team-ups - the two of them were never both with their respective teams during any of the team-ups), but Karla already has an existing vendetta with a different Captain Marvel -- Monica Rambeau. Karla and Monica faced off multiple times -- two of which left Karla hospitalized, which she is carrying a grudge for. And Monica has hard feelings towards Karla since she was the one who would control and direct the mentally imbalanced Blackout to banish Monica into the Darkforce Dimension.

I am absolutely not opposed to Carol having another clash with Moonstone at some point. I just don't want it to end up with Carol co-opting one of Monica's few recurring foes into her own rogues gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    And I am grateful for that.

Don't get me wrong--I love Moonstone! Karla was one of my favourite Thunderbolts and she's one of my favourite villains. I would love to see more of her. But I was never a fan of the notion that she and Carol would now have some ongoing grudge match like She-Hulk and Titania just because Osborn had Karla dress up in one of Carol's old costumes for a while. Not only was there absolutely no prior history between Carol and Karla (even in the various Avengers/Thunderbolts team-ups - the two of them were never both with their respective teams during any of the team-ups), but Karla already has an existing vendetta with a different Captain Marvel -- Monica Rambeau. Karla and Monica faced off multiple times -- two of which left Karla hospitalized, which she is carrying a grudge for. And Monica has hard feelings towards Karla since she was the one who would control and direct the mentally imbalanced Blackout to banish Monica into the Darkforce Dimension.

I am absolutely not opposed to Carol having another clash with Moonstone at some point. I just don't want it to end up with Carol co-opting one of Monica's few recurring foes into her own rogues gallery.
    I know they had no prior history but I feel like the Dark Reign stuff set up a lot of why they could work as nemesis or as major foes for each other.

But this just tells me that Moonstone should be a Marvel Family (such as it is) villain .

How long until Kamala fights Karla, I wonder?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How long until Kamala fights Karla, I wonder?
    Huh, that would be an interesting matchup...

I’d like to see a junior Karla, maybe a “Meteorite”, who could be a part of a Junior Masters of Evil, or something, but it looks like we’re getting the Monica/Karla battle in Photon #4.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 02-01-2023 at 05:37 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Has Carol gone Binary mode since they became two different entities? I wonder how she’s going to butt heads with Thor, Cap, Iron Man, and BP when she becomes leader in the new series.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

She hasn't, no. It is possible she lost that power when Binary became a separate person.

Meteorite would make sense for a Moonstone sidekick, as that's the alter ego Karla used when the Thunderbolts started. After they were exposed as the Masters of Evil, Moonstone and Fixer reverted to their former names, while Songbird, Atlas and Mach kept their new ones. It's hardly surprising that the first two returned to villainy (leading to Karla's later usage on the Dark Avengers as Ms. Marvel) and the latter three are more heroic (Songbird even became an Avenger, which is why she only joined Zub's first T-Bolts run midway through after Ewing's New Avengers finished).

It would really suck if she lost her binary power when binary became a different person. Even if I don't really understand how the heck it works in the first place.