Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exuin View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with the short hair. It makes her look different than Emma Frost or Susan Richards or Bobbi Morse or any other blonde-haired woman out there. And any haircut Carol has is forced onto her since she's a fictional character.
    I get the short hair matches more with her modern personality, though depending on the artist it didn't always look great in my opinion.

Yeah, drawn by a bad artist, it made her look male. You compare her to Emma, Sue and Bobbi, but sometimes the short hair made her look like Steve or Johnny (blonde males)!

They just need to make sure characters in the same book have distinctive looks. The ladies in Carol's supporting cast have dark hair, Spider-Woman has it long and Hazmat has it bobbed - though both do match earlier books and weren't redesigns for this one.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-16-2023 at 11:37 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m okay with Carol getting short hair. We don’t have a lot of female superheroes with short hair, so it’s something that separates her from the pack. It also gives her a nod to her military background. Heck, even shoulder length would help differentiate her from the other blondes.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I will say this: out of the 5 books I was tasked to review this week, this was my absolute favorite.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m okay with Carol getting short hair. We don’t have a lot of female superheroes with short hair, so it’s something that separates her from the pack. It also gives her a nod to her military background. Heck, even shoulder length would help differentiate her from the other blondes.
    Granted your profile pic shows just how amazing she looks with long hair .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Granted your profile pic shows just how amazing she looks with long hair .
    I love her either way! lol. I just wanted to chime in that I’m fine with her having short or long hair
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I still have a little voice in the back of my head saying the book will be cancelled with #50 in June, then relaunched as The Marvels in July.
    Hope I’m wrong....I really enjoy this book!

Oh geez they wouldn't really do that would they? Give Kamala her own ongoing, don't just have her as a supporting character!

Though if she is to be a supporting character, Carol's book is more appropriate than Peter Parker's (if she's in a Spider-Man book, it should be Miles's). Ideally though, she should have either a solo, a Champions relaunch, or both.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Speaking of Kamala, we have a new movie poster.

Not loving the exposed arms look. Doesn't feel very Carol.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I truly hope the book isn't canceled with 50. Kelly has been killing it and most especially with the last few issues which have been incredible. It also helps that the book has had some amazing artists of late. I had forgotten how incredible Javier Pina's work is and if Davila isn't sticking around (which I hope he is) Pina is a more than excellent replacement (But I would think Davila is working on an extra sized issue 50 maybe??)
    As for the hair debate...I prefer the longer hair on Carol. One thing I have noticed is that since changing costumes from her black and yellow to the red and blue, artists have drawn her hair as less full. As Ms. Marvel, most artists gave her this huge mane of hair but as Captain Marvel, even when drawn with long hair, it's usually considerably smaller. I'm of the John Byrne, Dave Cockrum, Mike Vosburg, Frank Cho, Sana Takeda, Phil Jiminez camp....or as the Cowsills said "Gimme a head with hair Long, beautiful hair Shining, gleaming Streaming, flaxen, waxen Give me down to there hair!"

Quote Originally Posted by Distraction View Post
    Hazmat and Laura interaction is reminding me of Avengers Academy. Ah...those were the days.

This was posted on Reddit. Alex Ross art, unused costume redesign, intended for Busiek's recent The Marvels book.