Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This was posted on Reddit. Alex Ross art, unused costume redesign, intended for Busiek's recent The Marvels book.
    It's a good look .

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

This was posted on Reddit. Alex Ross art, unused costume redesign, intended for Busiek's recent The Marvels book.
    I like Carol's costume. Monica's monochromatic contrast just makes me long for her mother-of-pearl shading. Also, can't say that I like Monica's face there. It looks like she has a cleft chin and rather masculine jawline and cheekbones. But maybe her features appear softer and more feminine when painted?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

As far as I know, those designs are ones Alex came up with on his own, for an idea he had involving multiple "Captain Marvels" of Marvel history. But we didn't use Carol in THE MARVELS (aside from a cameo here and there) and even if we had, we wouldn't have been allowed to change her costume. She had her own book, and that's where that sort of thing would have happened.

Alex did do a number of new designs for THE MARVELS, including a revised Golden Age Vision look, Threadneedle, Kevin Schumer and the new Warbird, whose costume was inspired by the Cockrum Ms. Marvel/Warbird costume.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

I know Carol wasn't in it - I assumed you wasn't allowed to use her. The person who posted the image on Reddit mentioned something about Carol summoning other Captain Marvels using the negabands - including a version of Shazam!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...nvers/jbs11xy/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I know Carol wasn't in it - I assumed you wasn't allowed to use her. The person who posted the image on Reddit mentioned something about Carol summoning other Captain Marvels using the negabands - including a version of Shazam!
    We'd have been allowed to use Carol if we'd wanted, but we had lots of other characters to use.

As I said, that was stuff Alex came up with on his own, but by that time the idea for THE MARVELS was set -- it had been pitched as the book we did -- so it was never in the plans to use that idea, and I doubt Marvel would have approved it. As noted, Carol had her own series (and movies), and they weren't going to let another book rework the character from what they were already happy with.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Fantastic Member

I just LOVE Alex's costume.

It's the perfect compromise between the classic (and missed) Ms Marvel costume and the current uniform enthusiasts.

The Dave Cockrum Domino Mask keeps Carol from looking like a generic Sue Storm, the bodysuit is a modern, feminine nod to Marv-ell's legacy, and the lack of exposed skin will keep critics at bay.

Damn that it isn't canon.
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    I just LOVE Alex's costume.

It's the perfect compromise between the classic (and missed) Ms Marvel costume and the current uniform enthusiasts.

The Dave Cockrum Domino Mask keeps Carol from looking like a generic Sue Storm, the bodysuit is a modern, feminine nod to Marv-ell's legacy, and the lack of exposed skin will keep critics at bay.

Damn that it isn't canon.
    Same here. I've never warmed up to that blue/red/yellow color scheme. It says Superman more than it says Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    They should make a cartoon out of all these Mech Strike stuff .

I suppose there'll be new comic mini (Mech Strike's third) in the solicits this week then?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Read the recent CM trade.

I'm still not sure what the point of Binary as an individual character is.

Like she's basically got a cool design but her characterization just feels like Singularity but more connected to Carol and she can shape-ship. Her powerset and general character just don't really stand out that much. And then she just goes off for a possible Binary mini-series that might be the last time we see ever see her (remember Star? Felt like she was going to be a much bigger deal than she ended up being).

And it's great to see so much positive female affection and friendship so often in this run, but also a distinct lack of meat/drama in my opinion.

Oh and I guess the big lesson of the "trial" arc was that sometimes Carol doesn't always need to punch/kill something and even if she's absurdly OP we'll just have to trust she'll always do the right thing. And maybe she and Enchantress can bury the hatchet. Maybe.

I did like the flashback to Carol and Wanda in swimsuits though .

The prison beak story was pretty fun though. I'm disappointed the text obscured her mugshot though. Carol has a great pissed mugshot face!

You're behind. She isn't getting a mini, she's gone missing in the current arc and the reason for going into space was to answer two distress calls. One from Binary and the other from Rogue. Binary's story looks like it'll be resolved in Captain Marvel, not any spin-off.

You're behind. She isn't getting a mini, she's gone missing in the current arc and the reason for going into space was to answer two distress calls. One from Binary and the other from Rogue. Binary's story looks like it'll be resolved in Captain Marvel, not any spin-off.
    I was just speaking from this specific trade, though I feel my point still stands. Not really sure why the character exists.

Looks like the book is cancelled with #50.
    Possible relaunch as The Marvels in the Fall?