Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

X-men Gambit we 1.jpga.jpg I asked AI to create Gambit in Daredevil costume.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    X-men Gambit we 1.jpga.jpg I asked AI to create Gambit in Daredevil costume.
    That's pretty sexy, both very Remy and very Matt at the same time.

IMG_3898.jpg
    Oooo Adam Kubrrt drawing Gambit and Daredevil. Coincidence??? Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    I like Gambit and I think Gambit is a character who could use more of a fun spotlight — a solo book. He’s had solo books in the past for sure. I feel like I would like to read another one.
    …why does that sound like a threat.

Stormbreaker cover by Martin Coccolo. They got to pick their favorite x-men era and Martin choose this one
    Last edited by Malachi; 06-01-2023 at 06:23 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

Stormbreaker cover by Martin Coccolo. They got to pick their favorite x-men era and Martin choose this one
    wow so he is a fan of Gambit, a lot of artists really like to draw Gambit, but the sad part a lot of writers/editors hate him.

Love that cover and it is always nice seeing another fan among the artists. I super agree that I wish Gambit had more fans among the writers though.

I am bummed that there is not any Gambit content that I am really looking forward to. Obviously not enjoying the current Rogue and Gambit mini and I am having a hard time trying to get enthusiastic about Dark X-Men. I have never been a fan of Havok and Madelyne's dynamic and I don't like super dark/edgy X-Men comics or gore and body horror. I also wasn't impressed by Foxe's use of Gambit in that first X-Men '97 Krakoan comic(in fact it made me drop the comics), so I am a little wary about how he will be used in Dark X-Men. I will be giving it a chance, but I am keeping my expectations low right now.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Love that cover and it is always nice seeing another fan among the artists. I super agree that I wish Gambit had more fans among the writers though.

I am bummed that there is not any Gambit content that I am really looking forward to. Obviously not enjoying the current Rogue and Gambit mini and I am having a hard time trying to get enthusiastic about Dark X-Men. I have never been a fan of Havok and Madelyne's dynamic and I don't like super dark/edgy X-Men comics or gore and body horror. I also wasn't impressed by Foxe's use of Gambit in that first X-Men '97 Krakoan comic(in fact it made me drop the comics), so I am a little wary about how he will be used in Dark X-Men. I will be giving it a chance, but I am keeping my expectations low right now.
    The same for me. It’s weird but even though we have material being published and stuff coming up I still feel this current era is one of the lowest points in quite some time for Gambit fans.

Foxe did have some good answers and I appreciate the time and honesty he put in his AMA. That changed my mind from a no buy to buying at least issue 1-2 of Dark X-men. That said I wasn’t digging his Gambit in X-men 92 but overall that mini used Romy too little. It’s the same fear I have with the animated show next year. That both Rogue and Gambit might be marginalized. I don’t want them taking lead, I don’t want any character taking lead, it should be an ensemble show with guest stars.
    Last edited by Malachi; 06-02-2023 at 06:01 AM.

It's hard to have good expectations knowing that the X-office doesn't appreciate Gambit.And they are so childish that they are unable to avoid showing it.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post

This, I dread. I am hoping Resurrection is taken off the table and they can’t decapitate, mutilate, and torture the x-characters. If it is handled as it was in Hellions, then I can stomach “darkness” because at least there was enough humor and heart to mitigate the more gruesome aspects.

I agree with Mal, it is at an all-time low. I derive no pleasure or inspiration from any of the books right now. I am hoping August will turn it around, but I fear I might be on another 5 year —or maybe permanent —break with comics for me. I also want to see new asses in seats in the new year.

I hope everyone is fine, my friends.

I preordered Dark X-Men 1 because I loved Foxe Q&A answers. From his answers, it seems Gambit in DXM will have his own motive to join the team and will be competent and dangerous and will make hard own decisions that not everyone may like.
    His X92 was trash, but it was just a parody, so I will give him a second chance.

It was the second time that White mentioned Gambit as a solo character. So hopefully we will get a new Gambit ongoing in 2024 with a good writer. Cullen Bunn rejoined Marvel recently, so maybe?

I would love Uncanny Daredevil book with Gambit. It may open a lot of new possibilities for his character because there are too many possibilities and similarities between them. But I don't believe that it will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

I preordered Dark X-Men 1 because I loved Foxe Q&A answers. From his answers, it seems Gambit in DXM will have his own motive to join the team and will be competent and dangerous and will make hard own decisions that not everyone may like.
    His X92 was trash, but it was just a parody, so I will give him a second chance.

It was the second time that White mentioned Gambit as a solo character. So hopefully we will get a new Gambit ongoing in 2024 with a good writer. Cullen Bunn rejoined Marvel recently, so maybe?

I would love Uncanny Daredevil book with Gambit. It may open a lot of new possibilities for his character because there are too many possibilities and similarities between them. But I don't believe that it will ever happen.
    Allways nice to hear from you Purpe. At the bare minimum so we know that you are still alive. I sincerly hope that Russia will fall apart so it can change into something better for the world and also for it's own people.

A Daredevil book with Remy trying to wing it would be great. Matt has always used his senses to try to read the jury and also manipulate them. Remy could use his charm to a similair effect. I would love to see him trying to stumble through a trial and in the end solve it in a typical reckless way. Not to say that he wouldn't be very suited to tackle the crimeworld also, probably in a different way then Matt. I think a single Remy would work well in this series as there would be many intersting options to try to tackle problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Allways nice to hear from you Purpe. At the bare minimum so we know that you are still alive. I sincerly hope that Russia will fall apart so it can change into something better for the world and also for it's own people.

A Daredevil book with Remy trying to wing it would be great. Matt has always used his senses to try to read the jury and also manipulate them. Remy could use his charm to a similair effect. I would love to see him trying to stumble through a trial and in the end solve it in a typical reckless way. Not to say that he wouldn't be very suited to tackle the crimeworld also, probably in a different way then Matt. I think a single Remy would work well in this series as there would be many intersting options to try to tackle problems.
    I hope it falls apart too, my friend. I doubt that their people can change. Millions of russians are living in Europe and noone of them are making any strike against russian war against Ukraine. It is hard to believe but most russian people are supporting it and happy when their missiles kill kids and people here.
    Yesterday was Children's Day and Russians killed two children in Kyiv with missiles. All missiles under Kyiv were shot down by our air defense, but the remnants fell on a hospital & a residential house in Kyiv. And russians are celebrating killings in internet.
    I know that it is hard to believe for normal people that such evil and terrible things can happen.
    Ukraine and Ukrainians are grateful for All support.

Agree. Remy with charm would be fun. It reminded me Tatum`s script where Gambit when the women's jury had to be removed from the courtroom due to Gambit's excessive effect on them. Still sad this movie never happened.

Gambit as DD would be great because he would use his agility again and jumping on rooftops. Miss that.

Have a nice day, everyone.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Hey, Purp. Glad to hear from you! Hope you and your loved ones are safe

Cullen Bunn would be an interesting choice for Gambit. TBH, I'd forgotten about him (what is he even writing, these days?)
    Make Good Art

Glad you are doing ok, Purp! I wish this unjust violence against Ukraine would end. Stay safe!

Hmmmm ... I don't hate the idea of Gambit as Daredevil at all ... so long as he doesn't wear that stupid helmet. LOL I'm with y'all, I think it would let him really lean into the kind of action that serves him best as a character and build upon his own lore. It would also give him a focus and purpose since ethe X-books are wasting him completely. Maybe we'd even (finally) see him and Felicia interact. Them on a heist together would be fun. And if he is serving as the Daredevil, he would be clashing directly with Odessa Drake and the New York Thieves Guild. Dare to dream.

I'm always leery of anything JDW suggests, though I do think the Deadpool v Gambit mini already was him tipping his hand about this idea.

I love Gambit as Daredevil far more than Nightcrawler as Spiderman. I don't know wtf is going on with Marvel right now and this whole FoX plot. They seem to be all about using shock value and general unpleasantness in several books at the moment and I'm really not into it.

I'm on edge about Dark X-Men for this reason and sceptical at this point since Foxe didn't impress me before, but we shall see. I'll give it a chance.

Feels like I always have my eyes on the horizon for something else because the present X-books haven't been serving my favorites well and it's been so unsatisfying since Krakoa started.

So, I don't remember Bunn writing Gambit before. Did he express an interest in writing him?