Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The King of Thieves - Gambit Appreciation 2023

Welcome to the Gambit Appreciation thread for 2023!

Here's hoping good things are to come for our favorite Ragin' Cajun in the new year!

Last edited by thjan; 01-01-2023 at 12:03 PM.

With a new year comes new optimism. I’m already selling myself a dream. Plus ‘97 is coming out I hope.

Happy New Year to Gambit and fans !

I just now updated the above Gambit collage to include a Sid Kotian drawn Gambit(upper right corner).

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    With a new year comes new optimism. I’m already selling myself a dream. Plus ‘97 is coming out I hope.
    Yep, lots of potentially great things coming up! I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Gambit and fans !
    Happy New Year!
    Last edited by thjan; 01-01-2023 at 12:10 PM.

Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for The Ragin' Cajun

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    He came out of 2021 and 2022 "relative" little damaged, even had a mini series and since he is out of the Excalibur mess, things might not look so bad for him this year.

So yeah there is enough room for optimism in regards to Gambit.

Spectacular Member

Let's see what 2023 will bring to our favorite cajun

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Happy New Year! Here's hoping we get a better written Gambit this year than we have in the last couple years

Make Good Art

I always found these early sketches very interesting. I know I am probably very, very much in the minority, but I wish we could have gotten to see Gambit in the upper right most costume a few times back in the early days. It just looks really neat and dramatic and perfectly 90s to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Happy New Year! Here's hoping we get a better written Gambit this year than we have in the last couple years

One of the best panels from this series!

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Agreed. Lee Weeks is a national treasure (IMHO):

That trench coat is far to long and unpractical! As for the early sketches of Gambit I like the one to the right of Gambit and lil Storm. Kinda makes him look like a space jammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

Hoping Gambit has a major showing this 2023 and gets back in the spotlight and onto a central team again.

Also I LOVE this Lee Weeks Gambit. Let him be a broody plotting sneaky SOB once in a while Marvel!

My hopes for the new year include seeing Gambit on a team book in the comics and for him to be a clever and irreverent foil to Cyclops-Stick-in-the-Butt and Wolverine-Grouchy-Grump in the animated series.

Will there be a new unity team? Will X-Factor return? Will Excalibur relaunch (sans Betsy)? Will mutants become disillusioned, or more devoted, to Krakoa post-SOS and whatever ‘secrets of Krakoa’ come out of the Rogue&Gambit series?

The Lee Weeks dark and dramatic Gambit is iconic, and I adore that series for coming up with some nutty Guild lore. I know White says he doesn’t like the guild-related stuff for Gambit, but then is the cartoonish cat-owning himbo of the last 3 years really the angle we’re going with? This is compelling storytelling? Seems the second Gambit it outside of the x-office oversight in Capt Marvel, he starts acting normally again. If that’s what it takes, put him on a unity squad.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I always found these early sketches very interesting. I know I am probably very, very much in the minority, but I wish we could have gotten to see Gambit in the upper right most costume a few times back in the early days. It just looks really neat and dramatic and perfectly 90s to me.

I don't mind it. It definitely makes more sense than a trench coat. As a side note, it kind of reminds of me Rogue's Excalibur costume

excalibur-5-page-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    My hopes for the new year include seeing Gambit on a team book in the comics and for him to be a clever and irreverent foil to Cyclops-Stick-in-the-Butt and Wolverine-Grouchy-Grump in the animated series.

Will there be a new unity team? Will X-Factor return? Will Excalibur relaunch (sans Betsy)? Will mutants become disillusioned, or more devoted, to Krakoa post-SOS and whatever ‘secrets of Krakoa’ come out of the Rogue&Gambit series?

The Lee Weeks dark and dramatic Gambit is iconic, and I adore that series for coming up with some nutty Guild lore. I know White says he doesn’t like the guild-related stuff for Gambit, but then is the cartoonish cat-owning himbo of the last 3 years really the angle we’re going with? This is compelling storytelling? Seems the second Gambit it outside of the x-office oversight in Capt Marvel, he starts acting normally again. If that’s what it takes, put him on a unity squad.
    Hear! Hear!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post

My thoughts exactly! Always been interested in seeing Remy interacting with other full-fledged super-heroes...