Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I like the card-based precog ability. I think it fits him well, thematically, and doesn't necessarily clash with his established powerset
    Make Good Art

Fantastic Member

I liked his Death powers when he could capture people with his cards. It'd be even better if he could summon them afterwards.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I like the card-based precog ability. I think it fits him well, thematically, and doesn't necessarily clash with his established powerset
    True, and also it just occurred to me how much potential that has given his dynamic with Destiny.

Irene: Rogue I have come to utter prophetic bullshit in an attempt to lovingly manipulate your filial affection for me, here's the dire fate set to befall mutantkind if you don't do exactly as I tell you.

Remy, surveying a card: Hmmm, dat's strange, I'm definitely not getting anything like that from my visions. You sure yours are working right?

Irene, lying through her teeth: Yes. This is what will happen if you listen to your boy-toy instead of your mother.

Remy, lying through his teeth but better: No, I'm fairly certain that's not correct cuz THIS is what's going to happen if you listen to Mommy Dearest who if you recall, lies about as frequently as your other Mama dabbles in murder.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 07-26-2023 at 09:35 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    True, and also it just occurred to me how much potential that has given his dynamic with Destiny.

Irene: Rogue I have come to utter prophetic bullshit in an attempt to lovingly manipulate your filial affection for me, here's the dire fate set to befall mutantkind if you don't do exactly as I tell you.

Remy, surveying a card: Hmmm, dat's strange, I'm definitely not getting anything like that from my visions. You sure yours are working right?

Irene, lying through her teeth: Yes. This is what will happen if you listen to your boy-toy instead of your mother.

Remy, lying through his teeth but better: No, I'm fairly certain that's not correct cuz THIS is what's going to happen if you listen to Mommy Dearest who if you recall, lies about as frequently as your other Mama dabbles in murder.
    Ha! As much as I am against the animosity between Destiny and Gambit, this would be pretty entertaining. And would maybe shake Rogue out of her fog where she always has to follow everything her mothers tell her to do
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

Ha! As much as I am against the animosity between Destiny and Gambit, this would be pretty entertaining. And would maybe shake Rogue out of her fog where she always has to follow everything her mothers tell her to do
    Like I think the animosity between Irene and Remy has a lot of potential, the thing I don't like about it in canon is how its mostly been played as being at Remy's expense. A Gambit that gives as good as he gets when Irene whips out the claws and is not about to let her come between him and Rogue just because she thinks she has seniority? That I'm all for.

I like the vague precognition powers, Remy could time travel under his own ability, the Witness is a temporal anomaly, so the ability for foresight kinda fits. Also I had a fan theory at one point that Gambit is Destiny’s son, ha.

It seems like more of the same to me. We already had that with Mistique.
    And even though I don't like his writing too much, the Destiny vs Gambit that Duggan wrote is the best of all the encounters.

I hope Foxe does something new with Remy, because I'm really tired of them writing him like he's dumb.

Because Gambit should be able to see people trying to manipulate a mile away.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    It seems like more of the same to me. We already had that with Mistique.
    And even though I don't like his writing too much, the Destiny vs Gambit that Duggan wrote is the best of all the encounters.

I hope Foxe does something new with Remy, because I'm really tired of them writing him like he's dumb.

Because Gambit should be able to see people trying to manipulate a mile away.
    When was Gambit written as dumb recently? I can see reckless, but dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I like the vague precognition powers, Remy could time travel under his own ability, the Witness is a temporal anomaly, so the ability for foresight kinda fits. Also I had a fan theory at one point that Gambit is Destiny’s son, ha.

I would like to think that since the Witness exists in all realities past present and future that Remy is simply tapping into his Witness powers but unlike the Witness he doesn't have control over them or the ability to determine if they are glimpses of 616 or another timeline.
    Last edited by remydat; 07-26-2023 at 02:38 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Me too. Now that his eyesight has fully recovered, I'd love to see this new ability in action (XD)

Fantastic Member

Guy refresh my memory, when Gambit died in otherworld, they just brought his dead body on Serge Perilous, can they do it now, on th dead body? I see skull on Dark X-Men preview, maybe that is the reason Gambit is there?

Mighty Member

Sad thing I learned is what I feared was going to happen. I was warning everyone about it awhile ago. This is the beginning of the end of Gambit as a main Xmen star. If you check out the Dark Xmen covers and descriptions it basically says the girl from Children of the Atom who dresses like Gambit is in the series. I knew she was being set up as a replacement character. Gambit is now either gonna be moved to a plot device mentor role or removed completely soon. Same way Miles was slow burned to move to main Spider-Man role and x23 is being positioned in the main Wolverine role.

I knew there was a catch when I saw the Dark Xmen stuff. Now I know what it is, Disney Bob Iger and Kevin Feige are setting up Gambit to be replaced soon, possibly in the reboot.

I can't have this last year or so of Gambit content be his final content as a main character before he's moved to the side for Vita Ayala's self insert. This has been awful content of Gambit to end on.

I can't understand how someone can say they are a huge fan of gambit then write a story to set up a replacement of him with a self insert. I got so dejected when I saw the covers. I knew it was coming but I let myself believe it wouldn't happen Til later.

I wonder if Gambit in the MCU is going to be the Children of the Atom girl instead of Remy Lebeau. Maybe they have Channing Tatum in a mentor role and don't actually cast anyone as young Remy.

Idk at this point Marvel is just too subversive to ever be enjoyable for me anymore.
    Last edited by Gripstir; 08-03-2023 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Sad thing I learned is what I feared was going to happen. I was warning everyone about it awhile ago. This is the beginning of the end of Gambit as a main Xmen star. If you check out the Dark Xmen covers and descriptions it basically says the girl from Children of the Atom who dresses like Gambit is in the series. I knew she was being set up as a replacement character. Gambit is now either gonna be moved to a plot device mentor role or removed completely soon. Same way Miles was slow burned to move to main Spider-Man role and x23 is being positioned in the main Wolverine role.

I knew there was a catch when I saw the Dark Xmen stuff. Now I know what it is, Disney Bob Iger and Kevin Feige are setting up Gambit to be replaced soon, possibly in the reboot.

I can't have this last year or so of Gambit content be his final content as a main character before he's moved to the side for Vita Ayala's self insert. This has been awful content of Gambit to end on.

I can't understand how someone can say they are a huge fan of gambit then write a story to set up a replacement of him with a self insert. I got so dejected when I saw the covers. I knew it was coming but I let myself believe it wouldn't happen Til later.

I wonder if Gambit in the MCU is going to be the Children of the Atom girl instead of Remy Lebeau. Maybe they have Channing Tatum in a mentor role and don't actually cast anyone as young Remy.

Idk at this point Marvel is just too subversive to ever be enjoyable for me anymore.
    …he’s literally going to be in both Deadpool 3 and X-Men ‘97 next year, which is more than some other A-list characters can boast.

And I hate to break it to you, but the X-office has been trying to kill off Gambit since at least the late ‘90s. It’s always been his massive fan popularity that makes their bosses prevent them from fully erasing him. He just finished his sixth solo book. Storm and Rogue don’t even have that many.

Those guys in the X-office are probably livid that he has the next two projects to give him even more popularity with new audiences and they’re about to be mandated to produce even more Gambit content in the near future.

(Which… good lmao.)

All-New Member

I agree with this entirely but he hasnÂ’t been in any main Xmen plot lines since messiah complex so a long time. They have also been trying to kill him off for at least the last two decades.

ItÂ’s all very cynical and it is well known fact that Feige is considering swapping out the main characters.

Marvel just view the character in an extremely negative way. ItÂ’s all personal preference but the Romy write up yesterday was an example of this.

personally I would be very cautious to advance buy any Gambit content until it has been reviewed.

Nah, I don't see that happening at all. She already changed her costume to be more unique and not a Gambit cosplay(which her fellow Bishop War College students teased her a little about), and she has totally different powers(shapeshifting) and doesn't seem to be using the exploding tech anymore. In general, I am not a fan of legacy characters and knockoffs that make the original character less unique either, but that really is not the case here and was made clear even in the original story in the Children of the Atom mini. I really like Gimmick and think she is a fun new character. I'm looking forward to her interactions with Gambit in Dark X-Men(although unfortunately right now it is looking like most of her interactions are going to be with Madelyne).