Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Cool, thanks. I've been hearing good things. I hope it eventually gets a physical release. I don't trust digital content because it gets removed or erased like the Gambit Cyber Comic

Dark X-men 1 was decent enough. Gambit shows up in the second half and has some pages. Overall I liked his appearances but the issue is Maddie and Alex heavy. So if you buy it for Gambit remember that.

Considering how good the art is a weak 8/10.

Yes. I think that Dark X-Men was ok, but don't feel that it is worth its money for any character who is not Pryor?

Good:
    I liked Gambit in it. His intro was cool, and he had some small but fine banters with Havok and Pryor that reminded me All-New X-Factor dialogues with Polaris and Quicksilver.
    So I think Foxe got his voice.

Bad:
    1. The main comic is too short. I think 10 more pages that they wasted on some additional story at the end would really help to make issue 1 a better story and not just so set up issue.
    2. Deaths in it were really forced and eye rolling for me.
    3. Villain reveal was a disappointment.
    4. Archangel fate was spoiled with preview pages. But it was lame to see him in a situation like dead Gambit in KOX when they lost his body. Foxe could play this situation better.

So overall it is hard to be invested if you don't care about Pryor but I think that next issues will give Gambit more time to play.

6.5/10 for me. Because of how stupid deaths were handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yes. I think that Dark X-Men was ok, but don't feel that it is worth its money for any character who is not Pryor?

Good:
    I liked Gambit in it. His intro was cool, and he had some small but fine banters with Havok and Pryor that reminded me All-New X-Factor dialogues with Polaris and Quicksilver.

Bad:
    1. The main comic is too short. I think 10 more pages that they wasted on some additional story at the end would really help to make issue 1 a better story and not just so set up issue.
    4. Archangel fate was spoiled with preview pages. But it was lame to see him in a situation like dead Gambit in KOX when they lost his body. Foxe could play this situation better.

So overall it is hard to be invested if you don't care about Pryor but I think that next issues will give Gambit more time to play.

Yeah I can see what you are saying.

It was a short issue and the 10 extra pages did little for me. I think they had no real good cliffhanger for this first issue and to much deconstruction. Remove the 10 extra pages and tighten up the rest and we would probably have room enough for the first 2 issues(if the second one will be as deconstructed that is) in this one.

Thirst-trap Gambit image.

SPOILER_IMG_4815.jpg

Is it still a spoiler that he’s got a beard? If so, I apologize. I just can’t get over it.

Gambit, ArchAngel and Magot? I haven’t seen these three share a panel since…. Well, since the trial of Gambit. Hehe. But I guess no hard feelings. But was anyone else kinda annoyed they just left Angel?

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Gambit, ArchAngel and Magot? I haven’t seen these three share a panel since…. Well, since the trial of Gambit. Hehe. But I guess no hard feelings. But was anyone else kinda annoyed they just left Angel?
    Yes bc even if he was dead, his body possesses the T/O virus and that has been extracted from him back in X-Force and used against them before. They literally just let a weapon with Orchis

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    But was anyone else kinda annoyed they just left Angel?
    Someone is always going to get the short straw, аt least this time it's not Gambit

Fantastic Member

In Dark X-men Gambit use ninja spikes, did they use it before? or just in his first appearance

IMG_0355.jpg

Poor little Cajun, he’s lost his kittens, and he begins to cry.
    “Marvel meow meow meow!” Today!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Thirst-trap Gambit image.

SPOILER_IMG_4815.jpg

Is it still a spoiler that he’s got a beard? If so, I apologize. I just can’t get over it.
    I dig the beard. Great look for him IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    IMG_0355.jpg

Poor little Cajun, he’s lost his kittens, and he begins to cry.
    “Marvel meow meow meow!” Today!
    It was cute. The manga art suits Remy fine and I really liked it on Rogue.
    If I remember correctly the kittens where stolen by Mystique and given to Remy so that Sabretooth would not eat them. So a bit ironic that he now helps them, especially if they still are kittens, which he prefers to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Good:

Bad:

I like Maddy, so I might be biased, but I liked it. It already feels light years above what he was getting in Excalibur and R&G ‘23, at least. Loved the art. Loved the beard. Excited for more interaction between him and Gimmick.

We've fallen to the 3rd page! We're slipping.
    Favourite Gambit uniform colour? Pink, Purple, or solid black?

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    We've fallen to the 3rd page! We're slipping.
    Favourite Gambit uniform colour? Pink, Purple, or solid black?
    Solid black, then pink ... then purple.