Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

That was great. I'm a little concerned that Az will get revenge by abandoning Gambit to a cruel death. I don't count the death in Knights of X so by my score Gambit isn't a soulless clone yet like 90% of the X-Men lol

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I hope everyone is fine.
    Kudos to Steve Foxe for delievering epic action Gambit moment. Golden and badass 2 pages for Remy.

Definetely in top 10 Gambit's best action moments near how Ultimate Gambit blown up Wolverine.
    Every time he charges something different I smile. This was definitly top 5 if not top 3 moment. So thanks to Foxe and Scharf for that!

That scene in Ultimate is cool to. Though when it comes to Wolverines I prefer him charging Dakens arm in the X-23/Daken crossover. Sublime art by Checchetto(Who might be my all time favorit Gambit artist. It varies, but he's up there).

I did a reread of those Ultimate issues because I couldn't remember if I liked Vaughn's Gambit. He is ok. Kuberts introduction scene feels a bit off for me... Not sure why but I think his face is a bit too round with the curly hair. Vaughn also writes him more as a redneck then I prefer. I don't remember Austins introduction for him, but I guess Vaughn lifted much from that. Overall it was good/decent. Killing him off was a bit unnecssary but I feel that the series had started to slip by then. The Juggernaut issue is the best of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    That was great. I'm a little concerned that Az will get revenge by abandoning Gambit to a cruel death. I don't count the death in Knights of X so by my score Gambit isn't a soulless clone yet like 90% of the X-Men lol
    Darn! Not another "Harry Snow situation"

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Every time he charges something different I smile. This was definitly top 5 if not top 3 moment. So thanks to Foxe and Scharf for that!

That scene in Ultimate is cool to. Though when it comes to Wolverines I prefer him charging Dakens arm in the X-23/Daken crossover. Sublime art by Checchetto(Who might be my all time favorit Gambit artist. It varies, but he's up there).

I did a reread of those Ultimate issues because I couldn't remember if I liked Vaughn's Gambit. He is ok. Kuberts introduction scene feels a bit off for me... Not sure why but I think his face is a bit too round with the curly hair. Vaughn also writes him more as a redneck then I prefer. I don't remember Austins introduction for him, but I guess Vaughn lifted much from that. Overall it was good/decent. Killing him off was a bit unnecssary but I feel that the series had started to slip by then. The Juggernaut issue is the best of the lot.
    I actually really enjoyed Austen's two issues he introduced Ultimate Gambit with. It was an interesting reinterpretation of his origins and his protectiveness of the girl in those issues felt like a precursor to his role in the X-23 series.
    Make Good Art

Awww you guys/gals are seriously making reminisce on these past book moments. I love Checchetto‘s Gambit. Too bad Checchetto doesn’t do X-Men all that much. And I always forget Austen wrote that 2 issue Ultimate arc. Totally forgot he died in that universe, guess we won’t see him in Peach Momoko’s new Ultimate X-Men. TBH I never really finished Ultimate X-Men, was it worth reading?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Awww you guys/gals are seriously making reminisce on these past book moments. I love Checchetto‘s Gambit. Too bad Checchetto doesn’t do X-Men all that much. And I always forget Austen wrote that 2 issue Ultimate arc. Totally forgot he died in that universe, guess we won’t see him in Peach Momoko’s new Ultimate X-Men. TBH I never really finished Ultimate X-Men, was it worth reading?
    This is a new Ultimate universe, so he's not necessarily dead in this one. Really, I don't think we know anything about the new Ultimate X-Men other than it focusing on Armor

I never finished the old Ultimate X-Men either. Just picked up some issues here and there but it never really grabbed me much
    Make Good Art

Bishop took over as team leader and it was interesting for a little while. Rogue had Gambit's powers but it didn't really go anywhere. Many major characters were killed very casually by the end. Some of them even died off panel. Very bizarre ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I never finished the old Ultimate X-Men either. Just picked up some issues here and there but it never really grabbed me much
    Same here. I only became interested during Wood's takeover (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-30-2023 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Same here. I only became interested during Wood's takeover (XD)

I just remember that Woods run fizzled out. I don’t remember how it got resolved. Maybe it got swept upon some event like Ultimatum and that’s why.

I think for me the biggest weakness of the entire X-men franchise is that it keeps defaulting to a few characters. If you don’t like them in that particular constellation then there isn’t that much to enjoy. The characters I like often get sorted into some middle category. Instead of using them we get old+new. It’s weird.

Old X-men Red showed me that you often just need to shake up some paradigms and you can get fun dynamics. It’s a crying shame that we still haven’t got a good Remy&Jean run as one example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I just remember that Woods run fizzled out. I don’t remember how it got resolved. Maybe it got swept upon some event like Ultimatum and that’s why.

I think for me the biggest weakness of the entire X-men franchise is that it keeps defaulting to a few characters. If you don’t like them in that particular constellation then there isn’t that much to enjoy. The characters I like often get sorted into some middle category. Instead of using them we get old+new. It’s weird.

Old X-men Red showed me that you often just need to shake up some paradigms and you can get fun dynamics. It’s a crying shame that we still haven’t got a good Remy&Jean run as one example of this.
    You are speaking my love language.

Me too. LOVE Remy and Jean whenever they do get a chance to interact

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Me too. LOVE Remy and Jean whenever they do get a chance to interact
    It's always interesting...

Chris Potter is at Rhode Island Comic-Con with Lenore Zann, Cal Dodd etc, promoting X-Men '97.
    So maybe this helps confirm that he voiced/voicing Gambit in X-Men '97. (a little while back there was speculation that they cast a different voice actor).

I just hope he doesn't speak in the third person

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I just hope he doesn't speak in the third person
    I think your hopes will be dashed. Prepare for another 2 decades of “Gambit love you!”