Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

The only bright spot of that panel is that even non-fans of Gambit had their eyes opened to all the unprovoked character-bashing we deal with. These dudes are just doubling down on their nastiness because they’re bitter that ‘97 is around the corner and they’re gonna have to deal with an onslaught of new fans. I remember how they treated fans who became interested in the books after the early Fox movies, too. (Hilariously, I remember so many instances of them “correcting” Fox fans… by citing things that happened in XTAS but not the books themselves. Or even just being ignorant of things/relationships that Fox actually got right but in a watered down way.) 😬 The attempted gatekeeping is so transparent.

Also gonna c+p a comment I made over in the CM #47 thread:

Is anyone wondering if KT is negotiating to bring Remy over as a recurring guest in Captain Marvel if it goes past 50? The X-Office clearly wishes he didn’t exist, and it matches my feelings on Rogue once again going over to Uncanny Avengers: as much as I hate them being pushed out of Krakoa by TPTB, I’d far prefer them penned under an editorial office not trying to actively sabotage them.

I know she’s teased that she has a new team book coming at Marvel, so it could definitely be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Claremont remains my favorite problematic uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    The only bright spot of that panel is that even non-fans of Gambit had their eyes opened to all the unprovoked character-bashing we deal with. These dudes are just doubling down on their nastiness because they’re bitter that ‘97 is around the corner and they’re gonna have to deal with an onslaught of new fans. I remember how they treated fans who became interested in the books after the early Fox movies, too. (Hilariously, I remember so many instances of them “correcting” Fox fans… by citing things that happened in XTAS but not the books themselves. Or even just being ignorant of things/relationships that Fox actually got right but in a watered down way.) �� The attempted gatekeeping is so transparent.

Also gonna c+p a comment I made over in the CM #47 thread:

Is anyone wondering if KT is negotiating to bring Remy over as a recurring guest in Captain Marvel if it goes past 50? The X-Office clearly wishes he didn’t exist, and it matches my feelings on Rogue once again going over to Uncanny Avengers: as much as I hate them being pushed out of Krakoa by TPTB, I’d far prefer them penned under an editorial office not trying to actively sabotage them.

I know she’s teased that she has a new team book coming at Marvel, so it could definitely be a possibility.

Claremont remains my favorite problematic uncle.
    It would so refreshing if he was written by KT outside of the X-office. There would probably be more options for gueststars and events. Last time Gambit was part of an event?
    Last edited by Malachi; 03-20-2023 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It would so refreshing if he was written by KT outside of the X-office. There would probably be more options for gueststars and events. Last time Gambit was part of an event?
    Had to be the Messiah Complex i am thinking
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Fantastic Member

Avenger vs X-men (2012)
    Age of X (2011)
    Messiah complex (2007)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post

I think she might have been smoking something that allows her to lie to herself.

Copy and Pasted from the X-Treme X-Men Thread

I enjoyed this a lot. Larroca was great. Minor quibble, I get that the Marissa thing is fresh for the reader but it seemed random for them to bring up. Gambit has lost people since then. His GF, his brother, his wife. He got vengeance before. Storm herself talked him down from pummeling a helpless Sabertooth for killing the woman he conned.

Quote Originally Posted by ES113 View Post
    I think she might have been smoking something that allows her to lie to herself.
    I think her post came shortly after the XMen 60 “event” so I appreciate her sticking up for our guy. She’d better be careful, she’ll end up sidelined if she gives him too strong an endorsement.

F8A774C5-3776-4794-A406-2AAC91B0B967.jpg

This thread needs back on the main page. Here’s a new Remy from Monsieur Gomez.

Fantastic Member

Good article for the Cajun.
    Gambit is the real 'Father' of X23

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Indeed it is. Nice to read something that makes me smile.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Wow, a positive article about Gambit? I almost expected this to being an April Fools joke, but it was a nice read
    Make Good Art

just wanna post this

Astonishing Member

I mentioned this in the Rogue Gambit couples thread but reading issue 2 and really upsetting for Remy character that felt OOC. Yea I know Remy was suppose to be somewhat more morally ambiguous than most of the X-MEN but especially in his early appearances, and he's grown past that over the years and well lets say Remy did no favors in human mutant relations among the bar patrons who were friendly with mutants after everything is done.

Bonjour, mes amis. Another demoralizing day to be a Gambit fan, sad to say. But, lark, what light on yonder Wednesday window breaks…? Is it the promise of Captain Marvel?!

Also from tumblr, from archivalfox, Remy as we all know and love him: https://www.tumblr.com/archivalfox/1...d-his-caaaaats

It’s just sad, sad, sad the R&G author will never know Remy as we do. Pathetic the x-office doesn’t realize what a GIFT of a character he is. We should pity them really, because they’ll never know what free-spirited, loving life, charisma looks like. Too bad for them!

Mighty Member

Look, I’m Mary Poppins yall

Fantastic Member

sending positive vibes artist profile FB_IMG_1680826726701.jpg