Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Dark X-Men synopsis feels not sincere.

Really, it should be like this:
    From mastermind X-Office and editors that gave you:
    1. No Gambit in HOX/POX
    2. 4 years of suffering with Tini Howard's Excalibur
    3. Dumb Gambit who blow up himself to Death in KOX
    4. Pathetic Gambit in R&Gambit book where he is afraid to fight Black Panther and must put innocent life of kind woman in danger, so he can escape.

Here comes a brand new awesome book that Gambit fans must buy to see Gambit used as wallpaper or not used at all, because this is the way Steve Foxe used (he did nothing in 5 issues except being dumb and blowing up his friends in space) Gambit in HOX 92 mini.

Please Gambit fans buy our book about Jean clone and D listers whom noone cares about because whe added Gambit just for sales. He will be a wallpaper but we know he sells.
    Gambit#1 is #20, R&G#1 is #12, but first amazing Tini Howard book without Gambit Cap Britain Betsy #1 is just #87.

So please Gambit fans buy our books but remember that Gambit is a creep and X office hates him.
    A very apt summary, sadly.

I feel you on this!

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/commu...hread/16826414

Yay! Lots of Gambit-related Qs answered!

Q: Sorry for another Q, but Gambit's inclusion in Dark X-Men is interesting. He used to be much more morally gray, and recently he's been more purely good. Is his inclusion here a return to his more thief and morally gray roots.

Steve_Foxe
    Don’t apologize, keep ‘em coming!
    The cast of DARK X-MEN will make a lot more sense once folks have read issue #1. Suffice to say, not everyone has the same motivation for being involved. Remy’s always had an edge to him, and that’s definitely part of the reason he’s part of the cast. I think, even with his heroic inclinations and the tough calls his fellow X-Men have had to make over the years, Remy’s just more comfortable in morally ambiguous situations than a lot of his peers. And he’d better be, to hang around this crew!

Q: It's been a while since Gimmick appeared in a series and personally I am really excited to see her again. So will she play a 'big' part in Dark X-men? or maybe be part of it for a few issues. And will she have an interaction with a Gambit? Because I can't believe those two haven't exchanged any words yet.

Thank you for doing this!

Steve_Foxe
    To make it unambiguous: Gimmick is a main character in DARK X-MEN. She has a substantial role to play, and there’s a good reason she’s not on the first cover. I know she seems like an odd fit for this premise sight-unseen, but trust more will make sense once readers catch up to FALL OF X. We’ll also definitely get to see her interact with her hero and costume inspiration, but not sure if it’ll happen under her ideal terms!

Q: I'm excited to see Dark X-Men when it comes out! Maddy and Alex, and Gambit too? Maybe even him hanging out with his fangirl/imitator Gimmick? Sign me up!

1. What I'd definitely want to know is whether Gambit will get to play a role in the plot? Maybe get to use his thieving skills or experience as a more morally grey character.

2. Whether Sinister as a common element in Madeline and Remy's past will be brought up?

3. And, to finish off: I'd sorta like to know what Gambit's chances of living through this series are. We know people are gonna die, after all.

Steve_Foxe
    1. What I'd definitely want to know is whether Gambit will get to play a role in the plot? Maybe get to use his thieving skills or experience as a more morally grey character.
    Gambit is a primary character and plays a huge role in the plot—maybe second only to Maddie? But I think folks will be surprised by the role he ends up falling into as the series progresses. To me, it’s a natural extension of where he’s come since his debut.

2. Whether Sinister as a common element in Madeline and Remy's past will be brought up?

Not really, to be honest. The thing about the X-Men is that it’s an infinite soap opera, and you could fill dozens of issues just having characters acknowledge their overlapping connections (a weird amount of those being Sinister). But you run the risk of making comics about comics/illustrated Wiki updates, which readers think they want much more than they actually do want to read. Maddie and Remy know who the other is, and they have other stuff to worry about in this book than a pasty geneticist.

3. And, to finish off: I'd sorta like to know what Gambit's chances of living through this series are. We know people are gonna die, after all.

That would be spoiling the fun. But I did promise several characters on the first cover might not even survive the issue, didn’t I?

Q: Hi, thank you for doing an AMA. Like everyone else I’m super excited for Dark X-men to come out. I already love the team combo especially with the inclusion of Havok and Gambit.

I would love to know how interconnected Dark X-men will be with the rest fall of x minis. Will it tie into any other series? Maybe The Children of the Vault?

And what is the actual main purpose of this team. Are they supposed to fill in the vacant space left over by the x-men, since it’s my understanding that there will be no regular X-men team in NYC.

Now for a more out-there question. Is it possible that there will be a callback to the 2010 miniseries Hellbound? As it was also related to Limbo.

Steve_Foxe
    One of the big benefits of the X-Men office working as closely together as it does is the chance to reflect each other’s work even without proper crossovers. So with series as short as these minis, you won’t see a lot of direct crossovers—we all have our own stories to tell—but you will see how changes in books get reflected in other books. Just this morning, Si Spurrier and I were talking about something that first pops up in DARK X-MEN #1 and then develops in UNCANNY SPIDER-MAN before appearing in ASTONISHING ICEMAN. If you only read one of those books, you won’t get lost, but if you read them all, it helps enforce the shared nature of the world.
    As for the cast’s main purpose, it will make much more sense once you’ve read the Hellfire Gala and DARK X-MEN #1, but if you read DARK WEB and the X-Men tie-in, you know Jean had Maddie summon the X-Men. That was a powerful and impactful moment, and gave Maddie a lot of ideas…

And I do really love SECOND COMING and revisited a lot of Limbo stories for DARK X-MEN, but nothing super specific from HELLBOUND! The nice thing about Limbo is that it's always shifting and changing. Weird to think it’s over a decade old by now, though…

Q: Hey. Great that you are doing this. I very much appreciate communication and insight into the creative process. My questions concern the upcoming Dark X-men comic and in particular Gambit.

Over the last years Gambit has been all over the map when it comes to abilities and portrayal. Sometimes he is used as a comedic character with slapstick humor and a rather whiney persona. Other times he is competent and charming.

So I hope you can understand why we fans of the character are a little bit weary. My question is: Which Gambit will we get in Dark X-men? What do you see as his core traits?

Thank you in advance =)

Steve_Foxe
    Well, with all respect to my fellow creators, I do think part of the fun of these long-lasting characters is their malleability. It’s fun for Gambit to be a jokey cat-dad at times and fun for him to be grimy and morally ambiguous in other contexts. That’s one of the ways these characters stand the test of time: flexibility. And especially with someone like Gambit, there’s no shortage of stories to find exactly what you want from him.
    Any humor in DXM is pretty gallows, though—the Remy in our pages is self-sufficient, competent, and hardened from a life that’s thrown a lot his way, including some stuff readers won’t know about until this summer. He has some very tough calls to make, and not everyone will agree with them. To me, his core will always be a charming, dangerous rogue (no pun intended).

Q: Hi Steve, thanks for taking the time for the AMA

My Question is: Can you give us any details on what Gambit is to the Dark X-Men. I mean Madelyne's the leader, so what brings Gambit here.

And a followup, will this title address what Azazel's been up to all this time since his last proper appearance in Hell, and cameo in HoX/PoX.

Steve_Foxe
    I would be careful about making too many assumptions about the team structure! The Dark X-Men come together under very specific circumstances, and Gambit IS one of the most experienced X-Men in the lot. When he’s with Cyclops and Jean and Rogue and everyone else, he’s the dangerous one on the edge. When he’s surrounded by full-blown monsters, where does that leave Remy?
    And yes, DXM will most certainly catch people up on where Azazel, Emplate, and Zero have been since Krakoa’s founding. We’ve seen a lot of other former villains playing nice for the cause. These three…not so much. But don’t worry about any essential back-reading—everything readers need to know will be revealed over these five issues.

Q: Hi!!! Really looking forward to Dark X-Men Gambit's one of my favourite characters so I'm excited to see him be part of such a cool team hahahaha

I was curious what your thoughts are on how being part of the Dark X-Men will affect Remy's marriage with Rogue, especially with her being part of the Uncanny Avengers. Are they on the same side, or have they joined opposing teams?

Thanks so much!!!

Steve_Foxe
    I appreciate the excitement, and hope it will balance out me punting your question! Answering this one reveals too much about what’s to come, but rest assured their dynamic will be addressed. Keep an eye out for issue #4.

Words are nice, but they are just words.
    I don't trust them anymore. We'll see what happens in the mini.

Several cheers for Steve Foxe for those answers.

I think he gave answers that felt honest and informative. Now if this means we will enjoy Dark X-men or not might be a different matter Whatever happens this has made me much more excited for Dark X-men. Even though I suspect whatever happens with Remy will probably take place in the current mini and not in any other fall of x titles.

I would love for other writers to give us this access. For some titles the apparent wall between fans and marvel just makes things worse and some good old communication would do wonders.

Hmm, if Gambit and Rogue's dynamic is going to be addressed in #4, then he probably doesn't die in #1, right? There's ways they could do both, but I think his odds have improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Hmm, if Gambit and Rogue's dynamic is going to be addressed in #4, then he probably doesn't die in #1, right? There's ways they could do both, but I think his odds have improved.
    Yup.

It seems they are setting up an estrangement or divorce that will split them into different teams. I personally would prefer just them being on different teams and even have different opinions but still be a couple.

Possibly a leadership role for Remy? Foxe says not to assume team structure, gambit is one of the most experienced, and that his role is a continuation of where he started. I might allow myself a teeny, tiny granule of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yup.

It seems they are setting up an estrangement or divorce that will split them into different teams. I personally would prefer just them being on different teams and even have different opinions but still be a couple.
    yeah, I hope they're not expecting to surprise anyone because it's so obvious that it just makes me roll my eyes.

It's the only thing Marvel knows how to do with couples, they seem to be a hive mind .... Maybe they are the real Brood

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/commu...hread/16826414

Yay! Lots of Gambit-related Qs answered!

Q: Sorry for another Q, but Gambit's inclusion in Dark X-Men is interesting. He used to be much more morally gray, and recently he's been more purely good. Is his inclusion here a return to his more thief and morally gray roots.

Steve_Foxe
    Don’t apologize, keep ‘em coming!
    The cast of DARK X-MEN will make a lot more sense once folks have read issue #1. Suffice to say, not everyone has the same motivation for being involved. Remy’s always had an edge to him, and that’s definitely part of the reason he’s part of the cast. I think, even with his heroic inclinations and the tough calls his fellow X-Men have had to make over the years, Remy’s just more comfortable in morally ambiguous situations than a lot of his peers. And he’d better be, to hang around this crew!

Q: It's been a while since Gimmick appeared in a series and personally I am really excited to see her again. So will she play a 'big' part in Dark X-men? or maybe be part of it for a few issues. And will she have an interaction with a Gambit? Because I can't believe those two haven't exchanged any words yet.

Steve_Foxe
    To make it unambiguous: Gimmick is a main character in DARK X-MEN. She has a substantial role to play, and there’s a good reason she’s not on the first cover. I know she seems like an odd fit for this premise sight-unseen, but trust more will make sense once readers catch up to FALL OF X. We’ll also definitely get to see her interact with her hero and costume inspiration, but not sure if it’ll happen under her ideal terms!

Q: I'm excited to see Dark X-Men when it comes out! Maddy and Alex, and Gambit too? Maybe even him hanging out with his fangirl/imitator Gimmick? Sign me up!

Steve_Foxe
    Gambit is a primary character and plays a huge role in the plot—maybe second only to Maddie? But I think folks will be surprised by the role he ends up falling into as the series progresses. To me, it’s a natural extension of where he’s come since his debut.

Not really, to be honest. The thing about the X-Men is that it’s an infinite soap opera, and you could fill dozens of issues just having characters acknowledge their overlapping connections (a weird amount of those being Sinister). But you run the risk of making comics about comics/illustrated Wiki updates, which readers think they want much more than they actually do want to read. Maddie and Remy know who the other is, and they have other stuff to worry about in this book than a pasty geneticist.

That would be spoiling the fun. But I did promise several characters on the first cover might not even survive the issue, didn’t I?

Q: Hi, thank you for doing an AMA. Like everyone else I’m super excited for Dark X-men to come out. I already love the team combo especially with the inclusion of Havok and Gambit.

I would love to know how interconnected Dark X-men will be with the rest fall of x minis. Will it tie into any other series? Maybe The Children of the Vault?

And what is the actual main purpose of this team. Are they supposed to fill in the vacant space left over by the x-men, since it’s my understanding that there will be no regular X-men team in NYC.

Now for a more out-there question. Is it possible that there will be a callback to the 2010 miniseries Hellbound? As it was also related to Limbo.

Steve_Foxe
    One of the big benefits of the X-Men office working as closely together as it does is the chance to reflect each other’s work even without proper crossovers. So with series as short as these minis, you won’t see a lot of direct crossovers—we all have our own stories to tell—but you will see how changes in books get reflected in other books. Just this morning, Si Spurrier and I were talking about something that first pops up in DARK X-MEN #1 and then develops in UNCANNY SPIDER-MAN before appearing in ASTONISHING ICEMAN. If you only read one of those books, you won’t get lost, but if you read them all, it helps enforce the shared nature of the world.
    As for the cast’s main purpose, it will make much more sense once you’ve read the Hellfire Gala and DARK X-MEN #1, but if you read DARK WEB and the X-Men tie-in, you know Jean had Maddie summon the X-Men. That was a powerful and impactful moment, and gave Maddie a lot of ideas…

And I do really love SECOND COMING and revisited a lot of Limbo stories for DARK X-MEN, but nothing super specific from HELLBOUND! The nice thing about Limbo is that it's always shifting and changing. Weird to think it’s over a decade old by now, though…

Q: Hey. Great that you are doing this. I very much appreciate communication and insight into the creative process. My questions concern the upcoming Dark X-men comic and in particular Gambit.

Over the last years Gambit has been all over the map when it comes to abilities and portrayal. Sometimes he is used as a comedic character with slapstick humor and a rather whiney persona. Other times he is competent and charming.

So I hope you can understand why we fans of the character are a little bit weary. My question is: Which Gambit will we get in Dark X-men? What do you see as his core traits?

Thank you in advance =)

Steve_Foxe
    Well, with all respect to my fellow creators, I do think part of the fun of these long-lasting characters is their malleability. It’s fun for Gambit to be a jokey cat-dad at times and fun for him to be grimy and morally ambiguous in other contexts. That’s one of the ways these characters stand the test of time: flexibility. And especially with someone like Gambit, there’s no shortage of stories to find exactly what you want from him.
    Any humor in DXM is pretty gallows, though—the Remy in our pages is self-sufficient, competent, and hardened from a life that’s thrown a lot his way, including some stuff readers won’t know about until this summer. He has some very tough calls to make, and not everyone will agree with them. To me, his core will always be a charming, dangerous rogue (no pun intended).

Q: Hi Steve, thanks for taking the time for the AMA

My Question is: Can you give us any details on what Gambit is to the Dark X-Men. I mean Madelyne's the leader, so what brings Gambit here.

And a followup, will this title address what Azazel's been up to all this time since his last proper appearance in Hell, and cameo in HoX/PoX.

Steve_Foxe
    I would be careful about making too many assumptions about the team structure! The Dark X-Men come together under very specific circumstances, and Gambit IS one of the most experienced X-Men in the lot. When he’s with Cyclops and Jean and Rogue and everyone else, he’s the dangerous one on the edge. When he’s surrounded by full-blown monsters, where does that leave Remy?
    And yes, DXM will most certainly catch people up on where Azazel, Emplate, and Zero have been since Krakoa’s founding. We’ve seen a lot of other former villains playing nice for the cause. These three…not so much. But don’t worry about any essential back-reading—everything readers need to know will be revealed over these five issues.

Q: Hi!!! Really looking forward to Dark X-Men Gambit's one of my favourite characters so I'm excited to see him be part of such a cool team hahahaha

I was curious what your thoughts are on how being part of the Dark X-Men will affect Remy's marriage with Rogue, especially with her being part of the Uncanny Avengers. Are they on the same side, or have they joined opposing teams?

Thanks so much!!!

Steve_Foxe
    I appreciate the excitement, and hope it will balance out me punting your question! Answering this one reveals too much about what’s to come, but rest assured their dynamic will be addressed. Keep an eye out for issue #4.
    Generally this is sounding interesting for Gambit, but yeah now I'm 100% convinced the R&G mini is a complete hatchet job hired out to a writer to specifically assassinate their relationship to help set up this era. ... I'm so tired of it.

At least he's not going all "Blood of Apocalypse" with his "Death" persona, which destroyed the character for years.

Some sinister coincidences are here.

It’s all there…GAMBIT IS DOMINION!!1

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    It’s all there…GAMBIT IS DOMINION!!1
    IT NOT YOU,
    IT GAMBIT.

Re: those Foxe answers…

Just when I think I’m out, they reel me back in etc…