Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Some sinister coincidences are here.

…the gloves? Dang, the gloves are the same, they just straight up trolling at this point…

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Haven't seen him in anything but he looks the part. He's a little older than I think they'll go with, though.

Ever since Avan Jogia expressed interest, I'd want to give him a shot. Not sure if he can do the accent, but he's got the look for it
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    …the gloves? Dang, the gloves are the same, they just straight up trolling at this point…
    Perhaps we should start worrying that they have remembered the dropped plot twist that Mister Sinister and Gambit were both the creation of a mutant child's imagination and are now trying to make them directly related?

Like he is a 5th Sinister created much later, an accidental biological offspring of one, or an artifical creation of one of them, maybe even a proto-chimera involving Summers DNA because of another dropped idea (that he could be the mysterious third Summers brother)?

Let's hope not.

Though on the other hand, if he is revealed to have been one of Sinister's creation and perhaps manipulated by him (or one of the others) at some points in the past, they could potentialy also retcon his involved in the Mutant Massacre and that his memories of it were actualy only implanted for some nefarious purpose.

Which doesn't seem too far fetched given the official eye witnesses.

With the exception of Sabertooth, all of the Marauders have died at least once and were brought back by Mister Sinister's own cloning technology, which has been noted in the past to have detrimental effect on their mental state, sense of self and memories (both via degradation and manipulation)

Meanwhile Sabertooth has a long history of being mentaly unstable and having his own memories manipulated or affected by various events and people, on top of being a notorious liar and manipulator himself. So another less than reliable witness.

So there is only one witness left, who he remembers encountering that day and was never on pannel manipulated or affected by Mister Sinister. The little Morlock girl he desperatly saved...

Who had no clue who he was when she first met him as adult and has never mentioned any person like him during her on pannel recollection of that day, despite seemingly remembering everything else.

Which means there is enough basis for a reveal that he wasn't actualy involved in the MM after all.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-01-2023 at 05:04 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Perhaps we should start worrying that they have remembered the dropped plot twist that Mister Sinister and Gambit were both the creation of a mutant child's imagination and are now trying to make them directly related?

Like he is a 5th Sinister created much later, an accidental biological offspring of one, or an artifical creation of one of them, maybe even a proto-chimera involving Summers DNA because of another dropped idea (that he could be the mysterious third Summers brother)?

Let's hope not.

Though on the other hand, if he is revealed to have been one of Sinister's creation and perhaps manipulated by him (or one of the others) at some points in the past, they could potentialy also retcon his involved in the Mutant Massacre and that his memories of it were actualy only implanted for some nefarious purpose.

Which doesn't seem too far fetched given the official eye witnesses.

With the exception of Sabertooth, all of the Marauders have died at least once and were brought back by Mister Sinister's own cloning technology, which has been noted in the past to have detrimental effect on their mental state, sense of self and memories (both via degradation and manipulation)

Meanwhile Sabertooth has a long history of being mentaly unstable and having his own memories manipulated or affected by various events and people, on top of being a notorious liar and manipulator himself. So another less than reliable witness.

So there is only one witness left, who he remembers encountering that day and was never on pannel manipulated or affected by Mister Sinister. The little Morlock girl he desperatly saved...

Who had no clue who he was when she first met him as adult and has never mentioned any person like him during her on pannel recollection of that day, despite seemingly remembering everything else.

Which means there is enough basis for a reveal that he wasn't actualy involved in the MM after all.
    yes, i agreed with this, since Sinister manipulated his brain, he can tamper the memories of Remy.

I really liked Foxe answers about Gambit and his role in Dark X-Men. It was the best Gambit related answers since HOX POX started.
    These answers make me excited to check it.

- the Remy in our pages is self-sufficient, competent, and hardened from a life that’s thrown a lot his way, including some stuff readers won’t know about until this summer. He has some very tough calls to make, and not everyone will agree with them. To me, his core will always be a charming, dangerous rogue (no pun intended).
    - Gambit is a primary character and plays a huge role in the plot—maybe second only to Maddie? But I think folks will be surprised by the role he ends up falling into as the series progresses. To me, it’s a natural extension of where he’s come since his debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I really liked Foxe answers about Gambit and his role in Dark X-Men. It was the best Gambit related answers since HOX POX started.
    These answers make me excited to check it.

- the Remy in our pages is self-sufficient, competent, and hardened from a life that’s thrown a lot his way, including some stuff readers won’t know about until this summer. He has some very tough calls to make, and not everyone will agree with them. To me, his core will always be a charming, dangerous rogue (no pun intended).
    - Gambit is a primary character and plays a huge role in the plot—maybe second only to Maddie? But I think folks will be surprised by the role he ends up falling into as the series progresses. To me, it’s a natural extension of where he’s come since his debut.
    Wow I never got around to reading the interview. But yeah, my interest is peaked.

IMG_0159.jpg

Gambit’s cat - and I guess a can of PBR. Which, who outside of an indie rock concert drinks that swill in a non-ironic way? Slander.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    IMG_0159.jpg

Gambit’s cat - and I guess a can of PBR. Which, who outside of an indie rock concert drinks that swill in a non-ironic way? Slander.
    Isn’t PBR known as the redneck beer?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Isn’t PBR known as the redneck beer?
    I knew it as a redneck beer first and then it became the hipster beer around the 2010s
    Make Good Art

sorry, where is the can? Can't my non-American eyes see it? LOL

Under the cats tail? What the heck is PBR? Pretty sure we don't get it in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    sorry, where is the can? Can't my non-American eyes see it? LOL
    It’s kinda under the cat’s tail, which is fitting because the beverage falls somewhere just above drinking cat pee.

Pabst Blue Ribbon. Around the Midwest if you ask for a ‘tallboy’ that is what you will get.

Never heard of it. Then again, I don't drink beer.

Thank you!!! I don't want to think what it means to have beer cans lying around on the floor... sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Thank you!!! I don't want to think what it means to have beer cans lying around on the floor... sigh.
    It’ll probably be revealed he’s abusing his pets while drunk and animal services is coming to take them away.