Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    My hopes for the new year include seeing Gambit on a team book in the comics and for him to be a clever and irreverent foil to Cyclops-Stick-in-the-Butt and Wolverine-Grouchy-Grump in the animated series.

Will there be a new unity team? Will X-Factor return? Will Excalibur relaunch (sans Betsy)? Will mutants become disillusioned, or more devoted, to Krakoa post-SOS and whatever ‘secrets of Krakoa’ come out of the Rogue&Gambit series?

The Lee Weeks dark and dramatic Gambit is iconic, and I adore that series for coming up with some nutty Guild lore. I know White says he doesn’t like the guild-related stuff for Gambit, but then is the cartoonish cat-owning himbo of the last 3 years really the angle we’re going with? This is compelling storytelling? Seems the second Gambit it outside of the x-office oversight in Capt Marvel, he starts acting normally again. If that’s what it takes, put him on a unity squad.
    I wouldn't mind that at all. And yes please to more clever Gambit this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I don't mind it. It definitely makes more sense than a trench coat. As a side note, it kind of reminds of me Rogue's Excalibur costume
    Yeah, it reminds me of her costume too. I wonder if this early sketch partly inspired it.

I'm down with the unity squad angle! Hell, if they let Deadpool on the unity squad, Remy is a GD saint by comparison. I just want him with a writer who has love and respect for him as a character. He'd also be great in a Daredevil or Spiderman office book if the X-office doesn't want him.

Gambit was awesome in today's Captain Marvel issue! If only the X-Office would allow him to be this useful in a team book.

I also really enjoyed the Bishop focused X-Men Legends issue today and it made me miss the days when Gambit and him were in a book together. They always had the best dynamic-

Captain Marvel issue had me feeling like a greedy and spoiled child who'd been let loose in a candy shop. I absolutely loved every second of it. There were some great callbacks to Gambit's earliest times as an X-Man, truly living his moniker of making a strategic sacrifice to gain a handle on the situation. Laura and Psylocke were ::kisses fingertips:: Man, what a great way to start the new year. Please, let the trend continue!

I glossed over your guys post about captain marvel hoping to not get spoiled. But from my peeking it looks like KT is at it again with the great Gambit rendition. Great that I’ll have something to look forward to.

Mighty Member

I’m still waiting on Captain Marvel before committing to it but glad to see it’s going well.

X-men Red 10 seems to have brought forth an idea about the Witness which I’m more interested about atm. I never got the chance to check it out so I’m not sure if what people are saying are rumors or explicitly stated. I don’t want to engage in spoiler theory but just saying seems intriguing depending what they do with it.

Overall 2023 has started out on stable ground and Gambit seems to be involved in more complex comic stories in one way or another. Happy for it

Captain Marvel

Captain Betsy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Captain Marvel

Captain Betsy

Tini's Captain Betsy vs Captain Marvel concern for his teammates.

Captain Marvel

Captain Betsy

If someone had told me a few years ago that I would prefer Carol Danvers to Betsy Braddock I would never have believed it but here we are

TOP 6 Gambit artists, no particular order:

Steve Skroce
    Clay Mann
    Jim Lee
    Andy Kubert
    Adam Kubert
    Lee Weeks

I really enjoy seeing characters like Remy play off Bishop.

Bishop is often depicted as a very serious, disciplined man, so having men like Remy or Bobby pierce at his hard candy shell is a lot of fun -- particularly when Bishop eventually loosens up.

I'd love to see all three of those boys together in a book, along with Rogue of course. Laura and Jubilee would be a good time as well.

Bishop and Bobby had a fun buddy cop relationship in his prior solo, and clearly he and Remy play off each other well. And Bobby and Rogue really need to reaffirm their bond because I miss that dynamic a lot. And of course Laura and Jubilee have history with Remy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Gambit was awesome in today's Captain Marvel issue! If only the X-Office would allow him to be this useful in a team book.

I also really enjoyed the Bishop focused X-Men Legends issue today and it made me miss the days when Gambit and him were in a book together. They always had the best dynamic-
    Classic enemies to lov---er, I mean, best friends storyline. Can't be beat. Bishop got done so dirty in Messiah Complex. I can't understand why they'd assassinate a character this way. I am glad to see he's experiencing a resurgence and getting some love. The whole 'fish out of water' persona of him being trapped in the past gave him charm and levity, rather than just being another time traveler with a big gun. Seeing him as one of Gambit's impromptu groomsmen (groomspersons?) gave me all the feels. Remy needs a guy friend and Bishop's 'cop' to Remy's 'robber' is a good foil. Add the complicated backstory of Bishop being raised by a sussy version of Gambit in the future.

Speaking of:
    spoilers:
    End of X-Men Red has a decrepit looking version of Sinister that some are saying evokes The Witness. Affiliated with playing cards with spades on them. Thoughts?
    end of spoilers

Captain Marvel

Captain Betsy

HA. Capt Betsy is the worst team player ever. She can't even play team softball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    TOP 6 Gambit artists, no particular order:

Steve Skroce
    Clay Mann
    Jim Lee
    Andy Kubert
    Adam Kubert
    Lee Weeks
    No lies detected. Skroce's action scenes are bar none. I personally don't think his women are very attractive, but he always drew a super-fly Gambit.

Still no on-panel appearances of the Hellfire Gala outfit? That a shame because it's the SEX...practicality be DARNED...

Last edited by Thirteen; 01-05-2023 at 07:17 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yeah, Cap Marvel was great. Some really good Gambit moments

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Classic enemies to lov---er, I mean, best friends storyline. Can't be beat. Bishop got done so dirty in Messiah Complex. I can't understand why they'd assassinate a character this way. I am glad to see he's experiencing a resurgence and getting some love. The whole 'fish out of water' persona of him being trapped in the past gave him charm and levity, rather than just being another time traveler with a big gun. Seeing him as one of Gambit's impromptu groomsmen (groomspersons?) gave me all the feels. Remy needs a guy friend and Bishop's 'cop' to Remy's 'robber' is a good foil. Add the complicated backstory of Bishop being raised by a sussy version of Gambit in the future.

Speaking of:
    spoilers:
    End of X-Men Red has a decrepit looking version of Sinister that some are saying evokes The Witness. Affiliated with playing cards with spades on them. Thoughts?
    end of spoilers
    I haven't been following the storyline with Sinister much but I did see some talk on twitter about this possibly being that character. There's definitely a striking similarity, although if it is him, I have my doubts of Gambit being involved at all.
    Make Good Art

Happy New Year to the rajin' Cajun and all his fans! I sincerely hope he gets a good showing in Sins Of Sinister!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.