Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thank you for kind wishes, friends.

Bunn likes Gambit.
    He pitched Gambit solo for Marvel a few years ago, but Marvel refused.
    I reminded Bunn on twitter that Gambit fans would like to see his solo take on Gambit. Will see.

Bunn also wanted Gamit as part of his Uncanny X-Men team, but the editorial chose Fanto instead.

Bunn only wrote Gambit in Civil War 2 X-Men mini where Storm sent Gambit to stop Fanto. I kinda liked it but ending of mini was bad for Remy. It was Inhumans period when editors were trying to kill all X related.

That Civil War 2 with Remy vs Fanto was fun. I liked the first part much more then the second but that was a given. Competent Gambit is always nice.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I forgot Bunn did the Gambit/Fanto fight! That's honestly one of my favorite comic moments in recent years

I didn't know he had pitched a solo. Dammit, Marvel, you're just leaving money on the table
    Make Good Art

Oh, this is great! I wasn't reading any of the CW 2 stuff and never saw these panels. Thanks, Purp!

Good lord is it refreshing to see Remy being written as effective and decisive.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Glad you are doing ok, Purp! I wish this unjust violence against Ukraine would end. Stay safe!

Hmmmm ... I don't hate the idea of Gambit as Daredevil at all ... so long as he doesn't wear that stupid helmet. LOL
    Back when I was dumb(well that might still be true ) and first really started getting into comics I actually thought Gambit was going to be Daredevil's apprentice based on the cover they showed at one of those big announcements. Turned out to be a character called Blindspot. Gambit in Hell's Kitchen does sound fun though!

I'm a big Lebeau fan. He's my favorite X-man. Second favorite X-character after Wolfsbane.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Back when I was dumb(well that might still be true ) and first really started getting into comics I actually thought Gambit was going to be Daredevil's apprentice based on the cover they showed at one of those big announcements. Turned out to be a character called Blindspot. Gambit in Hell's Kitchen does sound fun though!

I'm a big Lebeau fan. He's my favorite X-man. Second favorite X-character after Wolfsbane.
    You were not alone in thinking they were connected. I never got around to reading it so I still don’t know who Blindspot is. Ever since Karen Page got killed I have only very sporadically read any Daredevil comics. I think her death was just the last drop for me, so much of the comic I grew up with was gone(I managed to collect more then a decade of back issues when growing up, in Europe, and Daredevil even had his own comic so I had quite a few of those)

Next week we get R&G 4, honestly that comic can go any direction now with Rogue being captured.
    We also have CM 50 with probably a cameo or background appearance by Remy.
    Marvels voices pride 1 comes out and the latest AIPT Monday said it would contain a Gambit story. The solicits doesn’t mention it and I think Remy will appear with Anna in a later pride comic.
    Last edited by Malachi; 06-07-2023 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Gambit in Hell's Kitchen does sound fun though!
    Indeed. Hope Remy makes a return trip & has another team-up with DD

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Marvels voices pride 1 comes out and the latest AIPT Monday said it would contain a Gambit story. The solicits doesn’t mention it and I think Remy will appear with Anna in a later pride comic.
    Ohh.. Does Gambit have a solo story in voices #1 or was that the story he was supposed to have a story with Rogue? Will Gambit be in two of the pride issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Ohh.. Does Gambit have a solo story in voices #1 or was that the story he was supposed to have a story with Rogue? Will Gambit be in two of the pride issues?
    “ Just as in previous years, X-Men characters like Gwenpool, Gambit, and Jumbo Carnation are all over the 2023 Marvel’s Voices: Pride one-shot — on sale June 14 “

X-men Monday starts with this quote. Gwenpool and Jumbo indeed have stories in Voices 1. I couldn’t find Gambit though, perhaps they meant Gimmick? Foxe has a Gimmick story in it and much of the interview is about it.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Pretty interesting Twitter thread where Fabian Nicieza talks about some Gambit things, including how he was very much against the idea of Gambit being a traitor to the X-Men

https://twitter.com/FabianNicieza/st...58370378047489
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Pretty interesting Twitter thread where Fabian Nicieza talks about some Gambit things, including how he was very much against the idea of Gambit being a traitor to the X-Men

https://twitter.com/FabianNicieza/st...58370378047489
    Good for him.

(Although I feel like as much as I hate some of the **** they pulled with Gambit’s stories in the late ‘90s, I still prefer it to whatever weirdness Claremont pouted over not getting to do, ‘cause— yikes, lol.)

I think the problem with Gambit is that he has rarely been put in a team book where the writer liked him a lot or was his favorite.

That's why he's always shined best in his solos.

I think you’ve right about some of the plans Claremont had for Gambit. He clearly likes him, he did create him. But reading some of the plans and ideas he had for him, I think a lot of Gambit fans would have gone bonkers.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    Good for him.

(Although I feel like as much as I hate some of the **** they pulled with Gambit’s stories in the late ‘90s, I still prefer it to whatever weirdness Claremont pouted over not getting to do, ‘cause— yikes, lol.)
    I don't get why he loves to bring it up, like he's proud that Gambit could've been written so much worse.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    I don't get why he loves to bring it up, like he's proud that Gambit could've been written so much worse.
    Every time I see those bon mots from Claremont about his “plans” for Gambit, it just makes me think of that Aaron Spelling impersonation the We Hate Movies/MELR0210 pod guys do: “But what if Donna were also in this episode?”

(…only, y’know, just sub in Kitty Pryde.)