Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Dr Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus/Superior Spider-Man Appreciation 2023.

The die is cast!

Astonishing Member

Honestly, the Superior Spider-Man is my favourite iteration of Otto Octavius (check that alliteration out!) Nobody wrote the character better than Christopher Yost.

Happy New Year to Otto and his fans .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post

Honestly, the Superior Spider-Man is my favourite iteration of Otto Octavius (check that alliteration out!) Nobody wrote the character better than Christopher Yost.
    That is indeed true, mostly because Yost did excellent character work on Otto first and foremost instead of just filtering Silver Age-style mad scientist/supervillain theatrics through the vessel of Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    ...Honestly, the Superior Spider-Man is my favourite iteration of Otto Octavius (check that alliteration out!) Nobody wrote the character better than Christopher Yost.
    Mine as well. It was Superior Spider-Man that got me back into reading Spidey comics post-OMD. Spock will always hold a special place in my comic book fan heart.

How disappointing that all the great character development Otto underwent since Spock has been retconned and no I'm not just talking about the powerset or body I mean his actual memories and all they brought him. The personality reset is by far the most insulting aspect of current Doc Ock to me as a post-Spock Otto diehard fan. If they wanted his iconic appearance back fine but they should have let him keep his character growth.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-01-2023 at 09:45 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Otto and his fans .
    Indeed. Long may he reign.

BANNED

A priceless gift for a priceless woman

I liked the tie-in issue he had during the Beyond era. He and Aunt May had chemistry lol.

I'm surprised Sony hasn't decided to give him his own film yet. The Spock era is built for their universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

I'm still not sure what I feel about this relationship.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still not sure what I feel about this relationship.
    Understandable, considering so much of it was under false pretenses on Otto's part. That said, the art's good.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked the tie-in issue he had during the Beyond era. He and Aunt May had chemistry lol.

I'm surprised Sony hasn't decided to give him his own film yet. The Spock era is built for their universe.
    Ha, yeah. That was fun. And funny. The ending where Aunt May cut him off because he couldn't (or wouldn't) contain his ruthless and violent tendencies was priceless.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Ben is rolling in his grave
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That is indeed true, mostly because Yost did excellent character work on Otto first and foremost instead of just filtering Silver Age-style mad scientist/supervillain theatrics through the vessel of Spider-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Mine as well. It was Superior Spider-Man that got me back into reading Spidey comics post-OMD. Spock will always hold a special place in my comic book fan heart.

How disappointing that all the great character development Otto underwent since Spock has been retconned and no I'm not just talking about the powerset or body I mean his actual memories and all they brought him. The personality reset is by far the most insulting aspect of current Doc Ock to me as a post-Spock Otto diehard fan. If they wanted his iconic appearance back fine but they should have let him keep his character growth.
    In full agreement.

Ock and Venom (and Boomerang, weirdly) are definitely the winners of XXI Century Spidey-Villain Glow-Up Awards(trademark)

Wonder if the current run's aim is, in a way, to do that with Norman and the whole Gold Goblin saga

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Ock and Venom (and Boomerang, weirdly) are definitely the winners of XXI Century Spidey-Villain Glow-Up Awards(trademark)
    I don't believe anyone cared much either way about Boomerang before Nick Spencer got his hands on him. I normally disapprove of character deaths for drama but Boomerang's death was properly earned.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi