Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why are they drawing his teeth like that? It makes him look like even more of a villian. I hate what they are doing here
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    Tusks of Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I was thinking he looks like a deranged orc in those issues. And yes, tusks look more evil as opposed to little fangs, so that's why he's drawn like that.
    I keep forgetting to ask this question. When was Hank first drawn with these tusks. The past issue is the first time that I remember noticing them.

I'm not sure that they make him look like an even more menacing villain. To me they just make him look like a mutant pig. A big, fat, sad and pathetic looking hog.
    Unless that is the point. Hank has devolved from a human to a hog both physically and morally.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I keep forgetting to ask this question. When was Hank first drawn with these tusks. The past issue is the first time that I remember noticing them.

I'm not sure that they make him look like an even more menacing villain. To me they just make him look like a mutant pig. A big, fat, sad and pathetic looking hog.
    Unless that is the point. Hank has devolved from a human to a hog both physically and morally.
    I believe they were first drawn like that in issue #26 of Wolverine were Logan was being sold at the auction.

I'm still thinking this isn't the real Hank, with the soul stuff still unexplained, and we'll bring the real one back soon.

EDIT: Found it, this was issue #26 of Wolverine. They're a little less tusky here they they'd become later:

Last edited by Mungho; 03-18-2023 at 03:47 PM.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Guess I should post these images that are part of my theory that the Beast we see in X-Force is soulless and not the real Beast. This happened in Astonishing X-Men annual(2018, written by Matthew Rosenberg), where Fantomex, in the guise of a revived Charles Xavier, convinces the others to go save a town in the thrall of his old enemy, Lucifer Quist. Hank meets Quist and gives him a piece of his soul, falling under his control:

Even though Warren kills Quist, Hank does not get the piece of his soul back. This happened shortly before Krakoa was founded. This really presents a perfect 'out' for Hank. After this, his soul gradually left his body to rejoin the missing piece, which is probably floating around on the astral plane or something. I'm not sure when he became completely soulless, but I would like it to be before the Terra Verde incident. The one that's walking around is a shadow, a psychic imprint of Hank's most negative emotions. It still believed it was the real Hank, and remembered enough positive things to act normally, but the positive memories kept fading, leading it to become more and more evil.

All the X-Men have to do now is find the real Hank's soul, stuff it back into a new body, and destroy the soulless abomination. Thus, the 'Hank' that did all those horrible things over the course of X-Force is destroyed, and we get to have the old Hank back!
    Last edited by Mungho; 03-20-2023 at 02:32 PM.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

FINALLY started reading this mini again....and I don't remember shit about the story.
    I might be mixing it up with the X-Men Unlimited issue but I'm drawing blanks on what this was about.
    Next up will be his appearance in Wonder Man, and then the Avengers Two mini.

I've read that series and I don't remember either. It seemed mostly about Karma. But it did give us this great deer-in-the-headlights look from Hank when Karma thought she had him under mind-control. I love his cute little fangs:

Yeah it was a stealth Karma mini but she wasnt a marketable character so they used Beast to sell her story. I dont think they really had anything to do with each other before or after that series so that pairing feels kinda random in retrospect

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    FINALLY started reading this mini again....and I don't remember shit about the story.
    I might be mixing it up with the X-Men Unlimited issue but I'm drawing blanks on what this was about.
    Next up will be his appearance in Wonder Man, and then the Avengers Two mini.

I havebthat series. Love the covers. I got the memory jog because I forgot as well.

Back when Beast was just about the science.

Shame the rest of the X vs Inhumans was not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    [IMG]Back when Beast was just about the science.

Shame the rest of the X vs Inhumans was not great.
    I actually came back reading X-Men briefly during that arc when someone on another message board was talking about the X-Men and how he was tired of the constant 'Beast-bashing'. I was like 'What?! What have they been doing to my boy during my absence?!'. So I picked up an issue and was greeted with Storm firing a lightning bolt into Hank's back and then him being put in an energy cage. I was like 'What the hell?!' and quit reading again. I haven't liked Storm since.

15.jpg

16.jpg

Worst thing in some ways is that Beast knows there is something 'wrong' with him...
    Last edited by Ogrebear; 03-23-2023 at 01:56 PM.

Some modern Beast images I like:

Divorced of the context of course.

Well, that second image you posted was when he had the Russian nesting doll in him. Black Tom helped him get it out. The first image, though, he does seem to sense something about himself that's not right.

As for your other images, I did like his new look at first but now I'm associating it with his evil phase. And his glasses in those images you posted are reflective, which I always thought made a character look soulless.

I like this image of him during the Hellfire Gala:

He looks dour and serious, but he's still got those cute little fangs that now have morphed into tusks, which I don't like.

I'll post the relevant page from the latest issue of Wolverine showing about Hank deleting his Cerebro data:

Last edited by Mungho; 03-23-2023 at 07:31 PM.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Yeah, wasn't that big of a fan for that last mini.
    Fonder memories of this one...

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Yeah, wasn't that big of a fan for that last mini.
    Fonder memories of this one...
    Oh, yeah! I remember being so mad when he walled poor Hank up:

Dark Beast was being such a smarmy bastard. And regarding the cover, those metal pants DB is wearing, like how do they bend? I wondered that too.