Page 1 of 57 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Hank McCoy, the Beast Appreciation 2023

(Edit at the bottom of this post with info as of Nov. 19)

Hello, thought I'd make a new 2023 thread for my main man.
    I've learned that Ben Percy will be writing Hank all this year in X-Force, meaning Hank fans have to look forward to Beast being a drooling, villainous goon all this year!

sobs

Yeah, I'm sad too Hank. Maybe if we complain enough it will change something? We've got to stay positive!

I've updated this OP with an additional positive image:

Yeah, I think happy days will be here again for Hank. We should, after all, start this new year with hope and positivity!

Edit:

Thought I'd update the first post for those looking for information but don't want to wade through a +50 page thread. Great news! Behold:

"WONDER MAN AND BEAST—THE DYNAMIC DUO RETURNS! In a simpler time, the bounding Beast partnered up with Avenger Wonder Man! But after Beast’s fall from grace, is there any chance these two can see eye to eye? In a last desperate attempt to take down Beast, witness the return of… Beast?!"
    This heavily implies the Beast doing the bad things isn't the real Beast, and the real one is coming back to help take him down. This issue comes out next Feburary, so we still have awhile to wait, but this is great news!
    Last edited by Mungho; 11-19-2023 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added info

First, let's share a few scenes from the delightful first series of Beast and Wonder Man:

And one from...I think it was X-Men: Deadly Origins? Oh, Hank! Acting so wacky when important guests are around!

Happy New Year to Hank and his fans .

Here's to a better 2023...

Happy New Year Beast!

May it be a good one---let the true Hank McCoy come back to your fans!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for Henry McCoy

Happy new year Beast fans, best of luck for 2023.

At least Beast is in the spotlight...somewhat of a positive spin...right?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    At least Beast is in the spotlight...somewhat of a positive spin...right?
    Feels like a bitter silver lining .

It can't get worse, though, right?

Right?

Seriously, I can't help feeling all this horror is leading to a reboot of Hank.

Incredible Member

Judging by the brief preview in Timeless it looks like Beast is going to be even more unhinged than he already is with literally vast numbers of Beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like a bitter silver lining.
    Indeed. I don't know which is worse, to have your character represented badly, or not at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    It can't get worse, though, right?

Right?

Seriously, I can't help feeling all this horror is leading to a reboot of Hank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Judging by the brief preview in Timeless it looks like Beast is going to be even more unhinged than he already is with literally vast numbers of Beasts.
    It will get worse. Percy recently tweeted he'd just finished writing issue #40, and that the craziest stuff is yet to come. I theorized that one of Hank's clones turns on him 'because we're supposed to be heroes!" but I've been wrong in my predictions so far every time.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    That's...actually somewhat disturbing. But then again, I've never been a fan of extreme-close-ups. Anyone remember the 90's when suddenly everyone had a string of drool connecting their teeth? I thought that was gross even as a kid.

Wait one second...

I remember these showing that Hank was quite the ladies man. Wonder if he's got some little Beastlings running around he doesn't know about? Maybe a kid is what he needs. Parenthood really changes a person.
    He needs a stable romantic partner too(I vote for Cecilia Reyes). Maybe marriage as well. He really seems alone in the comic, not even any friends.

This is my favorite era for Beast; I'm sorry it isn't working for everyone, but it's great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    This is my favorite era for Beast; I'm sorry it isn't working for everyone, but it's great to me.
    I can understand that. Beast has been sort of directionless since maybe Morrison's era. I probably would enjoy this current story more if it was written well. But here, everyone has to be a massive, oblivious idiot to just ignore what Beast has been doing. And the only indication he's feeling bad about what he's doing is Percy saying he's overeating because of his conflicting emotions(hence his current paunch).
    If they'd show he was suffering from his unresolved traumas/and or bi-polar disorder, showed his friends actually being concerned for him, and showed realistic outcomes such as him being fired from X-Force and made to have treatment, it would be a lot better. But comics seems to have a bad track record of depicting mental illness.
    But we're supposed to be celebrating Hank, so let's get down to it. Here's Hank fighting Tom Thumb with Hellcat:

In which Hellcat is covered in a sticky white substance that we could misinterpret as something other then paste if we didn't have the top panel for context. I've got to admire Hank going around just in tights. I'd be kind of embarrassed, but I guess if you've got it, flaunt it.

BANNED

I liked the Beast in Roy Thomas’ recent X-Men Legends story. He really is a great character, especially when blue. I have a soft spot for human-looking Hank back in X-Factor when his mind was degenerating.