Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    That's along with the fact I might've ruined Hank's chances at redemption by tweeting the editors my ideas to explain his behavior (they can't use anything fans give them).
    You're looking at this far too negatively. You're certainly not the only one who elaborates ideas tagging an author. I know it was me to bring you the explanation out of a post from a Star Trek writer, but I think there must be a way out of this for Marvel authors - else, they wouldn't have accounts on social media. So don't beat yourself. If they don't fix Hank it's not because of you!
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    You're looking at this far too negatively. You're certainly not the only one who elaborates ideas tagging an author. I know it was me to bring you the explanation out of a post from a Star Trek writer, but I think there must be a way out of this for Marvel authors - else, they wouldn't have accounts on social media. So don't beat yourself. If they don't fix Hank it's not because of you!
    I can't help but be negative. The fact is, I have never seen an author so completely and utterly destroy, humiliate, and pervert everything a character is. I have also never seen this happen to another character in any comic book. Even Bishop when he went crazy, tried to kill a baby then killed billions on an alternate Earth wasn't as bad as this. After a solid 4, maybe 5 issues, this is the pattern X-Force set into:

1. Hank does something that is amoral and gets people killed.

2. Hank is then painfully, either mentally or physically, punished by someone for his mistake.

3. Hank refuses to learn anything from his mistake.

4. People who know what he's done don't care enough to tell the QC, while also bad-mouthing him either to his face or behind his back.

5. Repeat from step 1.

And this went on for about 4 years, the pattern only changing when Hank went charging off the slippery-slope at 1,000 MPH. How could someone hate a character this much?

I just don't see anyway out of this short of a complete retcon. Even then, people are saying Hank is too badly damaged as a character now to be salvaged. Thus, I just can't help but see nothing positive in the future for Hank.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm going to take another break for awhile, I'm letting this get to me again. Sorry for being a downer again.
    Last edited by Mungho; 11-12-2023 at 07:00 PM.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Incredible Member

Beast could also be missing from promotional materials because his appearance may change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm going to take another break for awhile, I'm letting this get to me again. Sorry for being a downer again.
    You're not a downer. You're just frustrated. I was in your same state of mind (for different reasons obvs) before I joined the forum, between Warren's absence in Krakoa and the vanishing of my other most fave (Authority's Apollo from DC). And you have no idea how bad I took it in 2011, when Dark Angel Saga ended the way it ended and - contemporarily - Johnny Storm (back then my #2 favest) died. I literally dropped off Marvel for good (I was collecting Italian all X-Men and F4 related floppies. And even if I returned, internet-wise, to Warren-only-related-titles, I never picked up nor stayed up to date with FF since then). I'm pretty much frustrated and angered as of now, with both Warren and Genis-Vell (so #1 fave character ever-every-fandom and Genis being my #2 in Marvel) meeting the very same fate and end.
    So I can understand you, believe me.

But yes, I suggest you take a break. Not for us (if someone is bothered they will simply ignore you or not open the thread!), but for you. For your own good. Staying up to date with news will drive you insane. Let some months pass and then dip again in the X-Corner to see if something new has come for Hank. Stay away from X, at least. You could keep this thread alive by posting scans or stories, something about the good times.
    Or, better, try to get a break from anything X-Men (and Marvel comics, unless you have another character or title you're enjoying). Find some indie comic - there's a world outside of Marvel ready for you to discover it - and find some solace in it.
    If it helps, I'm finding release of my frustration by focusing on my own Warren projects (AUs, headcanons post). Perhaps something similar could help you as well?

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Beast could also be missing from promotional materials because his appearance may change.
    Also, Krakoa-era showed us we can't trust the promotional material.
    Remember the Brook's cover with many characters? Warren was there, but he was nowhere to be seen.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 11-12-2023 at 09:52 PM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Extraordinary Member

I is about time they brought back his human appearance.
    DefurredBeast.jpg
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Hmm. Is there a place for a human!looking Hank?
    Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but he gained more strength/powers-levels in his blue form?

(I admit I like the furball, he's unique so I wouldn't be much fond of a return to his human form. But, if it helped further steer away from recent Hank, and a way to reboot Hank to his more happier and morally-acceptable roots, I would totally dig it!)

Amazing Member

Some Beast fans might be very happy today

https://cdn.marvel.com/content/1x/xf...9049_cover.jpg

"WONDER MAN AND BEAST—THE DYNAMIC DUO RETURNS! In a simpler time, the bounding Beast partnered up with Avenger Wonder Man! But after Beast’s fall from grace, is there any chance these two can see eye to eye? In a last desperate attempt to take down Beast, witness the return of… Beast?!"

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but he gained more strength/powers-levels in his blue form?

(I admit I like the furball, he's unique so I wouldn't be much fond of a return to his human form. But, if it helped further steer away from recent Hank, and a way to reboot Hank to his more happier and morally-acceptable roots, I would totally dig it!)
    Maybe they could come up with some condition in which he is able to turn back to human form for shot amounts of time. I am under the, possibly incorrect, impression that him being stuck in the fur-form is a major part of his character but it's probably been long enough that we could consider doing something else with it.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by GokaiBlack077 View Post
    Some Beast fans might be very happy today

https://cdn.marvel.com/content/1x/xf...9049_cover.jpg

"WONDER MAN AND BEAST—THE DYNAMIC DUO RETURNS! In a simpler time, the bounding Beast partnered up with Avenger Wonder Man! But after Beast’s fall from grace, is there any chance these two can see eye to eye? In a last desperate attempt to take down Beast, witness the return of… Beast?!"

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

One day after I decided to quit for awhile, a friend shows me this. I keep getting pulled back in! But I'm glad now, this makes me really happy. I bet Marvel released this cover early just to shut me up.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

This might be the first time I pick up an X-title in forever. I love Wonder Man and Beast!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    This might be the first time I pick up an X-title in forever. I love Wonder Man and Beast!
    I hope Wondy can get through to his old friend!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

To deal with Beast, Beast returns? Are they getting the Five to bring back a younger Hank from just before he left the Avengers?

Well, that X-Force cover makes me think you're right.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I have been wanting him to go back to his human appearance for a long time...now I see it as an important rebranding after the nonsense they have put him through.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Probably that spare body with leftover old Beast data from Cerebro.