Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

I'm back! Walking Wake's post depressed me a lot so I haven't been on in awhile. I've ridden this train since last year might as well see how it ends.
    Here's a pic of human-Hank:
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Looking pretty handsome too.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-07-2023 at 12:28 AM.

Incredible Member

I would welcome a human looking Beast back in the Avengers. That would be one way to help redefine his relationships.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I'm back! Walking Wake's post depressed me a lot so I haven't been on in awhile. I've ridden this train since last year might as well see how it ends.
    I'm sorry, I wasn't sure whether to space out all the thoughts I'd been having for months upon catching back up or just spill it all. I didn't mean to depress you so much! I'm truly sorry!

There just ain't a lot of us anymore and for me just coming back to comics let alone the X-books and seeing all this as a fan...it's been rough for what few of us are left.

For you or anyone else reading this that's one of the handfuls of Hank's fans left, I guess we're on this train until it (hopefully) stops this month. Will we ever hop back onto a new train? Sigh...I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Wake View Post
    I'm sorry, I wasn't sure whether to space out all the thoughts I'd been having for months upon catching back up or just spill it all. I didn't mean to depress you so much! I'm truly sorry!

There just ain't a lot of us anymore and for me just coming back to comics let alone the X-books and seeing all this as a fan...it's been rough for what few of us are left.

For you or anyone else reading this that's one of the handfuls of Hank's fans left, I guess we're on this train until it (hopefully) stops this month. Will we ever hop back onto a new train? Sigh...I guess we'll see.
    I'm already clinically depressed(seriously), so you didn't do much. I'm just very close to walking away from modern comics if they treat their heroes this way.

Some more pictures. Hank can be very tender, even to those who hurt him:

And some of Avengers' look Hank:

Some more of Human Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Looking pretty handsome too.
    Indeed! Let's have a few more. Human Hank is in front and center in this one. I've never really cared much for masks. On some they're okay but I prefer Hank without one:

And here's a couple more of Hank in a suit, this time in human form:

Hank's thoughts in that last panel bring to mind an observation someone posted on the X-Men reddit. That Hank has suffered from severe Body Dysmorphia(a mental disorder characterized by the obsessive idea that some aspect of one's own body part or appearance is severely flawed and therefore warrants exceptional measures to hide or fix it. Thanks Wikipedia!). since he was a child, that only got worse when he took the serum, and then when he had learned(seemingly)to accept himself, got turned into a cat-man. Coupled with all the traumas he's been through in just the last five years(from his perspective) as well as a lot a repressed anger, he should be suffering from massive PTSD, or maybe even a full psychotic break. His past refusal to get help for his issues could have come back to bite him.

This is from a pitch for a comic by Cullen Bunn

https://twitter.com/cullenbunn/statu...05250009956353

Still one of the funniest moments in the Deadpool movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post

Still one of the funniest moments in the Deadpool movies.
    so true!
    Hope good things happen for Beast for the remaining half of the year!
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    so true!
    Hope good things happen for Beast for the remaining half of the year!
    I'm beginning to lose hope. Gerry Duggan discussed his upcoming Uncanny Avengers mini and shared several new covers and Hank isn't anywhere to be seen. I was sure that his revived, happy self would join that team and work toward redeeming his character. But now I fear that they really are planning on killing him off permanently and that database entry was just a red herring.

I'm beginning to lose hope. Gerry Duggan discussed his upcoming Uncanny Avengers mini and shared several new covers and Hank isn't anywhere to be seen. I was sure that his revived, happy self would join that team and work toward redeeming his character. But now I fear that they really are planning on killing him off permanently and that database entry was just a red herring.
    Will have to keep an eye out on everything else then. You never know. I thought I wasn't getting any more New Mutants after the current mini. Turned out two members, and a bunch of other interesting gals, are in Realm of X. A title I looked at and thought nothing of at first. He might pop up somewhere before the end of the year. There are a few other Avengers books. He was on other teams too, yes? Constant re-using of team names and comic book names and the shared universe in general gives him lots of places to pop out of.

I haven't gotten around to sending any kind of mail to any comic writer(s) ever but I guess I will have to let them know not everyone has been enjoying this take on Beast. politely
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    I haven't gotten around to sending any kind of mail to any comic writer(s) ever but I guess I will have to let them know not everyone has been enjoying this take on Beast. politely
    Hmm? Duggan mentioned something like this in a recent tweet:

"FALL OF X is upon us. Hard times and rough road ahead. Please remember, this is entertainment and be good and kind to each other...and the creators."

Has someone been harassing the writers?

Hmm? Duggan mentioned something like this in a recent tweet:

"FALL OF X is upon us. Hard times and rough road ahead. Please remember, this is entertainment and be good and kind to each other...and the creators."

Has someone been harassing the writers?
    It is possible. I would like to point out that one of the reasons the assassination of Nature Girl’s character is because the writer and Hickman thought it was “funny”. So while I don’t think it is right to go out and harass the creators, I think it’s “funny” that they have to actually deal with the ramifications of what they did. But still, leave the real people alone. These are fiction characters, people.

I’m a big Chamber fan, and I always wanted Chamber and Beast on the same team together. It is canon that when Jono manifested, Hank went to England to assess him. The closest I ever saw that come true was on Spurrier’s X-Men Legacy run. I’m still holding out hope that I get to see that in the future. I think they have the chance to have a neat friendship.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”