Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default 2023 Appreciation and Hopes for Madelyne Pryor

First, I want to see her struggling to overcome the Goblin Queen and embrace Anodyne. I hate seeing people act as if the GQ's actions were all that mattered. Before S'ym and N'astir got to her, she was a loving mother; show her horror and remorse over what her demonic alter ego tried to make her do to her own baby. Plenty of posters have condemned her; but so far, the only writer who has let her express regret is Kavanagh in X-Man, when he had her tell Cable, "Before the madness, you were the best thing that ever happened to me."
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    First, I want to see her struggling to overcome the Goblin Queen and embrace Anodyne. I hate seeing people act as if the GQ's actions were all that mattered. Before S'ym and N'astir got to her, she was a loving mother; show her horror and remorse over what her demonic alter ego tried to make her do to her own baby. Plenty of posters have condemned her; but so far, the only writer who has let her express regret is Kavanagh in X-Man, when he had her tell Cable, "Before the madness, you were the best thing that ever happened to me."
    I liked Maddie as well.

--jthree

I'd like to see her interact with Hope. That's her granddaughter, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for Maddy/Maddie

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It sounds like Dark Web might end with Alex trying give her another shot.

I have been liking maddie a lot as well though i did reread Inferno last year or the year before which sent my sympathy for her through the roof. So far Dark Web has been good to her aside from the X-men issue but there is one more to go. So i'm hoping overall the event doesn't trash her.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I’m hoping to see parts of her boobs other than the sides or the bottoms.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Oh Maddy.. they will never let her be free or great will they?

Hopefully this year she evolves past this story of heartache and pain.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

BANNED

I know it won't happen but I'd rather see Madelyne and Jean embrace each other like the genetic twins they are without the Alex, Scott, and Logan drama getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I know it won't happen but I'd rather see Madelyne and Jean embrace each other like the genetic twins they are without the Alex, Scott, and Logan drama getting in the way.
    Logan ? He has nothing to do with the infamous "Pryor vs. Summers-Grey" drama.

I hope she will have a confrontation with Sinister. And that she will come out of the Dark Web as a badass anti hero a la Elektra for example, instead of the evil clone.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It sounds like Dark Web might end with Alex trying give her another shot.
    Alex???? What about Scott?

--jthree

Fantastic Member

I like Maddie and I really hope that Dark Web ends with her starting to move on and heal. It drives me nuts that she's just been Goblin Queen for such a long time after being a genuinely heroic "human" ally to the X-Men back in the day. At this point, it's less about whether I think the character "deserves" redemption (although I think she does), and more frustration with writers unwilling to let her change or grow. If it was another character that Marvel actually wanted to keep around turning evil after dealing with horrible tragedy, discovering that her life is a lie, and being corrupted by demonic energy, that person would have already had a redemption arc. But since it was Maddie and they wanted to get rid of her, she's just Goblin Queen forever. I'm really hoping that will change, and Maddie will be allowed at to be at least a neutral anti-hero, who remembers that she used to be Anodyne, a healer, and that compassionate, caring side is part of her, too.

Also, she and Jean should bury the hatchet and curb stomp Sinister together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    Logan ? He has nothing to do with the infamous "Pryor vs. Summers-Grey" drama.
    You must be fairly new to the X-Pages so I let that one go...

I hope she will have a confrontation with Sinister. And that she will come out of the Dark Web as a badass anti hero a la Elektra for example, instead of the evil clone.
    But, Madelyne is an anti-hero and hates Mister Sinister already Dark Web's conclusion won't change that

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Cosigning everyone here who hopes for better for Madelyne. I've long thought that she and Ben Reilly from Spider-Man should get together and form a support network for clones dealing with the harsh realities of a world that doesn't respect or acknowledge their personhood or right to exist . . . Dark Web was definitely not what I had in mind.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Happy new year to Madelyne and all her fans. I personally liked the turn she took in New Mutants where we actually got to see some character development. Then I was heartbroken by this dumb new Spider-Man crossover where they reverted her back in an astounding display of plot-induced stupidity. I sincerely hope, once Dumb Web is over, we get to see Madelyne experience some character growth.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.