Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Did he date Jean?

I thought that was Alt realities not 616?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    Did he date Jean?

I thought that was Alt realities not 616?
    It happened in Bendis' All New X-men. That was 616 Jean and Beast not some AU

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It happened in Bendis' All New X-men. That was 616 Jean and Beast not some AU
    Wasn’t that the Teen versions not the adults?

Not sure if that counts….

Wasn’t that the Teen versions not the adults?

Not sure if that counts….
    They are the same characters. It most definitely counts. Hank and Jean both joined the X-men in the 60s and after a few months on the team together travelled to the future where they briefly dated before going back to the past and had those memories locked as they continued on with their lives. As of Extermination #5, their present day adult selves have had those memories unlocked and its part of their canon and history. The ANX were not AU versions as was briefly implied at the end of volume 2. While Hank and Jean to my knowledge havent brought up their brief dating, Bobby is gay and has acknowledged his past romance with Romeo and Jean has talked about her role in him coming out. Scott has interacted with the Champions whom he met as a teen and has acknowledged their friendship. None of that would make sense if "it didnt count"
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-02-2023 at 09:44 AM.

They are the same characters. It most definitely counts. Hank and Jean both joined the X-men in the 60s and after a few months on the team together travelled to the future where they briefly dated before going back to the past and had those memories locked as they continued on with their lives.
    Wait, they still maintain that the X-Men were founded in the 60's? Then why isn't everyone much older?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Wait, they still maintain that the X-Men were founded in the 60's? Then why isn't everyone much older?
    Sliding timescale says the FF flight was 10 years ago so the first X-Men team formed in 2013!

This makes the X-Men characters all Millennials or Gen Z?

Oops! Didn't mean to derail the thread, but I've always liked Vera Cantor & it'd be interesting if she were somehow brought back...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-02-2023 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I can understand that. Beast has been sort of directionless since maybe Morrison's era. I probably would enjoy this current story more if it was written well. But here, everyone has to be a massive, oblivious idiot to just ignore what Beast has been doing. And the only indication he's feeling bad about what he's doing is Percy saying he's overeating because of his conflicting emotions(hence his current paunch).
    If they'd show he was suffering from his unresolved traumas/and or bi-polar disorder, showed his friends actually being concerned for him, and showed realistic outcomes such as him being fired from X-Force and made to have treatment, it would be a lot better. But comics seems to have a bad track record of depicting mental illness.
    But we're supposed to be celebrating Hank, so let's get down to it. Here's Hank fighting Tom Thumb with Hellcat:

In which Hellcat is covered in a sticky white substance that we could misinterpret as something other then paste if we didn't have the top panel for context. I've got to admire Hank going around just in tights. I'd be kind of embarrassed, but I guess if you've got it, flaunt it.
    Huh. I was just looking to seen if anyone was covering that new Hellcat comic on these forums and it brought me here. Did Hellcat ask or threaten Beast to give her super powers at one point?
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Vera does look interesting.

Is there a reason Vera stopped being a librarian and became a street walker? The bio on the wiki is not clear.

Vera does look interesting.

Is there a reason Vera stopped being a librarian and became a street walker? The bio on the wiki is not clear.
    Vera was hypnotized by Mesmero

No Im referring to the O5 issues which were written in the 60s

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Huh. I was just looking to seen if anyone was covering that new Hellcat comic on these forums and it brought me here. Did Hellcat ask or threaten Beast to give her super powers at one point?
    Yeah, after she learned his secret identity. He managed to dodge her the first time, but then she later showed up at the Avengers' Mansion to remind Hank of his promise. Then they all get captured by a villain and she finds a spare superhero uniform and becomes Hellcat.

No Im referring to the O5 issues which were written in the 60s
    Oh, sorry.

Yeah, I liked Vera too. They kept having an on-again-off-again relationship. Hank was insecure and afraid, not sure if he wanted a relationship. Hank's insecurity is occasionally brought up but nothing is ever done to help him out of it. A lot of missed story potential there:

Now, a few other pictures. Hank's looking fine here:

And palling around with Simon again:

It's odd. Hank back then often seemed shorter then most heroes, even though he's 5'11. But seeing his gorilla-Beast form, it looks like he towers over everyone.

Vera does seem forgotten by the modern writers.

I wrote a story once where Hank, having quit the Avengers to try and find himself again as a Scot et it’s when to a genetics conference in Vancouver. At the same time Wanda/Walter Langkowski needing to get away from the emo drama of Alpha Flight went to the same conference. Hank met Wanda, they got on and got drunk and ended up in bed without meaning too, just enjoying the moment away from their personal dramas. Course Wanda has the body of a Demi-god and Hank the abilities of a beast so she ends up pregnant which plays into an old prophecy- but that’s a longer story.

Vera does seem forgotten by the modern writers.

I wrote a story once where Hank, having quit the Avengers to try and find himself again as a Scot et it’s when to a genetics conference in Vancouver. At the same time Wanda/Walter Langkowski needing to get away from the emo drama of Alpha Flight went to the same conference. Hank met Wanda, they got on and got drunk and ended up in bed without meaning too, just enjoying the moment away from their personal dramas. Course Wanda has the body of a Demi-god and Hank the abilities of a beast so she ends up pregnant which plays into an old prophecy- but that’s a longer story.
    Oh ho, you write fan-fiction? I did a long time ago, but then I kept hearing about infamous fan-fiction writers like Pam Parker and *shiver* Dakari King Mycan, so I quit. I was writing a fix-fic last year in which my OC goes back in time to try to fix Hank's life, but only succeeds in making things worse, but now I feel I'm too old to be writing fan-fiction.

Going back to one of my points, Hank is supposed to be 5'11 yet in these pics I found of him in gorilla-ish form, he towers over everybody, including Deadpool, who is supposed to be 6'2:

Yeesh, he's an absolute unit in this pic:

When I first saw this form of Hank, I rather liked it, but now I've quickly grown to hate it as much as his cat-form.

Oh ho, you write fan-fiction? I did a long time ago, but then I kept hearing about infamous fan-fiction writers like Pam Parker and *shiver* Dakari King Mycan, so I quit. I was writing a fix-fic last year in which my OC goes back in time to try to fix Hank's life, but only succeeds in making things worse, but now I feel I'm too old to be writing fan-fiction.

Going back to one of my points, Hank is supposed to be 5'11 yet in these pics I found of him in gorilla-ish form, he towers over everybody, including Deadpool, who is supposed to be 6'2:

When I first saw this form of Hank, I rather liked it, but now I've quickly grown to hate it as much as his cat-form.
    Well his new form is definitely intended to be huge, this is the first appearance of his new form. The teenager under his arms there is a broad 5'11, he's quite a bit bigger even when not standing to his full height. Any depiction that sizes him back down to 5'11 is whats inaccurate.