Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    Beast costume quiz:

https://www.sporcle.com/games/Mitche...costumes-beast

I got 71% which was not bad.
    That's cool! I might try when I get off work.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Beast costume quiz:

BULLSHIT! Some of those are hard to distinguish(well, my eyesight isn't the best)!

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    It's fine. You're just passionate about your favorite. I think just about everyone in this forum is.

The thing with current X-Force Beast caught me off guard too. But I only started reading X-Men comics when the Krakoa era started. I was one of those "watched the cartoons, played the games" since the 90s types" though, so kind friendly Hank was what I was expecting.
    This right here is why I think the classic Beast will come back. With the upcoming cartoon and movie, they'll want the comics to reflect the other media. They don't want to confuse or shock new readers.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Beast costume quiz:

I got 79% in 3:07

Okay, guys, this preview of the cover of this month's X-Force was released a couple of months ago:

I thought that it meant Nimrod had been possessing Hank all this time and was going to attack the Hellfire Gala. But I missed old Kid Omega at the bottom there, which indicates this takes place when Omega brought X-Force to the future. Since next months cover of Wolverine shows Hank bound while Logan has his claws to Hank's throat, this means in essence that Percy's entire run has had very little effect on the rest of the X-Books, like it's in it's own little bubble. Though this heavily suggests that this whole wretched arc is FINALLY coming to an end. I just...hope Percy pulls some sort of reveal at the end.

I loved this scene in today's Wolverine!

As always... my condolences to the Beast fans out there who don't agree with Percy's take on Hank. But I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

As always... my condolences to the Beast fans out there who don't agree with Percy's take on Hank. But I love it.
    Auuuughhh! Must cleanse this from my eyes!

Um. Thanks. Still don't get why Hank is needed for this. It's not like Logan is short on people to stab.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Um. Thanks. Still don't get why Hank is needed for this. It's not like Logan is short on people to stab.
    I don’t think you could do this plot without Hank. You probably do a version of it with somebody else in Wolverine’s role though.

I don’t think you could do this plot without Hank. You probably do a version of it with somebody else in Wolverine’s role though.
    Probably could have done it with Forge as Beast is kinda reminding me of Forge from the Ghost Box story arc but yeah it feels more like a Hank storyline than Wolverine.

Well, ain't this a kick in the head. I've gone back reading some old stuff and I find this issue:

I clearly remember this being the one where I quit reading the X-Books as a whole, but this is from late 2010, not 2009 like I thought. Hank leaves the team because of Scott's methods. I was long tired of Hank's cat form and this issue introduced his 'horse-face' period, which I went 'What the hell?!':

I remember I didn't like Hank wearing glasses all the time for some reason. I was just getting tired of the bleak direction the X-Men took after Decimation.

"Make love not war, Scott. Peace."

If past Beast could see his future self. But then again, the latest Wolverine Hank heavily implies he's been driven insane by all the traumas and stresses over the years.
    Last edited by Mungho; 06-20-2023 at 09:45 AM.

Ah, I mentioned Hank wearing a suit a few pages ago, here's another of him, shortly before the Krakoan era began, in Astonishing X-Men #13:

And Hank wasn't attacking Havoc, he was getting him out of the way of explosive gunfire.

Also, does Hank put on a hundred pounds of muscle whenever he's just wearing trunks? He looks much slimmer in that suit.

well thats Greg Land art and he's notorious for being off when it comes to body proportions

IMG_2443.jpg

Hank does look great in a suit doesn’t he!

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Okay, guys, this preview of the cover of this month's X-Force was released a couple of months ago:

I thought that it meant Nimrod had been possessing Hank all this time and was going to attack the Hellfire Gala. But I missed old Kid Omega at the bottom there, which indicates this takes place when Omega brought X-Force to the future. Since next months cover of Wolverine shows Hank bound while Logan has his claws to Hank's throat, this means in essence that Percy's entire run has had very little effect on the rest of the X-Books, like it's in it's own little bubble. Though this heavily suggests that this whole wretched arc is FINALLY coming to an end. I just...hope Percy pulls some sort of reveal at the end.
    If I had a nickel for each time a scientist named hank got merged with an unstoppable murderbot I will have two nickel...is not much but is odd it happened twice! Lame joke apart, it is weird that there is a certain common trend for those named Hank in Marvel Universe....perhaps is time to to think a name change?

From that time Hank went all cosmic via the Black Vortex....

Probably nothing bad happened from this happening to Hank heh?