Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Current version is way better than cat (or the weird dog version that Sanders did), but the 90s version is still ideal. Though honestly, I think the current version is that version but minus the appearance of human hair on his head really. You bring that back and he's indistinguishable. I guess an easy way to have him go back to that look would be to have him say he was just cutting his hair shorter then. And now he's growing it back to where is was.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post

When I came back to the X-books last year, I really liked the gorilla-Beast form since the last time I saw him was his cat-form which I had grown tired of. But now I hate it more then the cat-form, due to his character assassination being associated with it.
    I can understand that. Though actually like the ape look but if we never saw it and Percy's version of Beast again, I wouldn't complain.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Current version is way better than cat (or the weird dog version that Sanders did), but the 90s version is still ideal. Though honestly, I think the current version is that version but minus the appearance of human hair on his head really. You bring that back and he's indistinguishable. I guess an easy way to have him go back to that look would be to have him say he was just cutting his hair shorter then. And now he's growing it back to where is was.
    He currently is growing his hair just like he used to in the 90's, which is really rubbing salt in the wound with how he's acting.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

BANNED

Does anyone know exactly where McCoy (Blue or Dark) is currently or the last time we've actually seen the original them?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Does anyone know exactly where McCoy (Blue or Dark) is currently or the last time we've actually seen the original them?
    Dark Beast is currently imprisoned in Sinister's lab(and has apparently been there since Magik decapitated him).

Beast took the cerebro sword and escaped. As for if it's the real him or not, Percy pretty emphatically said in the last X-Force it was him. I don't know what to think. I actually think this is really going to go on for years so the best thing for me is to just leave the fandom.

He currently is growing his hair just like he used to in the 90's, which is really rubbing salt in the wound with how he's acting.
    Yikes. So many X-Men characters are being written so off model. Those who defend said characterizations pretend that it isn't a problem because people change this is just characters evolving. But these are not real people. These are characters. Characters with great histories and people who love them. The people who defend it say that we still have the old content. And while that is true, new characterizations tarnish the old correct characterizations and muddy the waters in they eyes of people who don't bother to read the classics. How do you think we got so many people writing the characters who don't understand them at all? If you've only read Beast after Morrison started, you have no idea who the character is. If you've only read Iceman after Bendis started, you have no idea who the character is. If you've only read Professor X after Hickman, you have no idea who the character is. I honestly doubt many of the people who write and praise the current characterizations have read any older comics. And editors no longer step in to tell the writers when their characterization is off. It's sad. Because the X-Men are what got me into comics. And now they are shells of what they were and bastardized more than any other franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Yikes. So many X-Men characters are being written so off model. Those who defend said characterizations pretend that it isn't a problem because people change this is just characters evolving. But these are not real people. These are characters. Characters with great histories and people who love them. The people who defend it say that we still have the old content. And while that is true, new characterizations tarnish the old correct characterizations and muddy the waters in they eyes of people who don't bother to read the classics. How do you think we got so many people writing the characters who don't understand them at all? If you've only read Beast after Morrison started, you have no idea who the character is. If you've only read Iceman after Bendis started, you have no idea who the character is. If you've only read Professor X after Hickman, you have no idea who the character is. I honestly doubt many of the people who write and praise the current characterizations have read any older comics. And editors no longer step in to tell the writers when their characterization is off. It's sad. Because the X-Men are what got me into comics. And now they are shells of what they were and bastardized more than any other franchise.
    It's like you can see my thoughts! These are not characters anymore. They're just props that writers use for whatever story they have in mind, no matter if the character doesn't fit, they'll make it fit. Like a square peg in a round hole. And if the character is destroyed in the process, it doesn't matter, someone else will clean up the mess. Characters have to act like idiots in order to make plots work, the world has to literally struggle in order to be miserable enough for conflict.

Someone on another board some time ago told me not to read anything past the year 2000 with some exceptions, and I think he was right.

I liked the gorilla form Beast had when he first mutated again, that was different, the current (bad guy) version is not that form, for as villain Beast is shorter, less muscular and the hair has changed (not to mention the fat).

The gorilla form Beast worked, but it’s not the villain we have now, I’d say current Beast is a new form again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    I liked the gorilla form Beast had when he first mutated again, that was different, the current (bad guy) version is not that form, for as villain Beast is shorter, less muscular and the hair has changed (not to mention the fat).

The gorilla form Beast worked, but it’s not the villain we have now, I’d say current Beast is a new form again.
    Yeah, Hank was rather paunchy throughout X-Force:

This is from the extremely pointless Kraven mini-arc, from a run already stuffed with filler. Percy said he was overeating due to stress and feeling bad about the things he was doing. but then in the issue after this Hank says he's out-of-shape due to having a desk-job.

Now about Hank and his hair, from an unlettered preview of Wolverine #33:

As you can see, Hank-prime is styling his hair into 'wings' like his old hair from his original blue-furry form. His clones have his hair from just before he went rogue, with slicked-back greasy hair that is really repellent to me. Also, his cute little fangs are tusks now. Why? I guess tusks are more evil.

You're right, he does seem shorter then he was previously, like his original self. Like they want to tarnish the look of the good Hank before all this happened.

EDIT: OMG I just realized I'm talking about the changes in a fictional character's hair. I think I really do need a break from the forums.

EDIT 2: I've just heard that this evil Beast story is going to continue until at least March next year. That's it. My patience is at an end. I was going to leave last month, but I was curious about the Fall of X and to see if one of my theories about Ghost Rider and Beast is true, but I can't keep following something that I don't enjoy.
    Last edited by Mungho; 08-05-2023 at 04:34 PM.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

What’s happening in March?

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    What’s happening in March?
    It's estimated that's when X-Force #50 will come out where X-Force will likely face down Beast for the last time in Percy's run.

i hope that a moral hank eventually rises up from all of the madness going on, and the character is divorced from the X-Men for at least five years, to preferably be an Avenger as the co-science guy of the team (assuming Stark is still involved) and not be worried about mutant drama.

EDIT 2: I've just heard that this evil Beast story is going to continue until at least March next year. That's it. My patience is at an end. I was going to leave last month, but I was curious about the Fall of X and to see if one of my theories about Ghost Rider and Beast is true, but I can't keep following something that I don't enjoy.
    Oh, joy. Another year of this nonsense. As I've said before, even leaving all that was done to Hank out, X-Force is an insufferable bore of a series.
    Take your break. I won't re-subscribe to X-Force but I'll keep up with the reviews posted here for you.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

It's like you can see my thoughts! These are not characters anymore. They're just props that writers use for whatever story they have in mind, no matter if the character doesn't fit, they'll make it fit. Like a square peg in a round hole. And if the character is destroyed in the process, it doesn't matter, someone else will clean up the mess. Characters have to act like idiots in order to make plots work, the world has to literally struggle in order to be miserable enough for conflict.

Someone on another board some time ago told me not to read anything past the year 2000 with some exceptions, and I think he was right.
    I 100% agree. After Lobdell, writers started to take characters off model and every wrong characterization acts like a flesh-eating fungus. Taking over the character until said character is all fungus. I would create a thread detailing every character this has happened to and how it should be remedied. But too many people (dealing with the people who still support the new comics rather than the enormous amount of fans who I think would return if characters were on model and well-written) argue that there was no fungus at all and it's all natural progression.

I don't know if you all saw the other day but on Marvel.com they had an artcile about Beast going all super vilian and included all the times he was morally questionable going back to Threnody. It was a sad progression to see. The mad scientist thing is overdone at this point. Beast used to be in my top three (Jean, Cyke, and Beast) This was true during New X-men.

My problem about Beast is that people see it as the way he has always been. I think Percy used that line. A certain podcaster used that line many many months ago. You see the sentiment on what used to be twitter lol Fans go back to his past and any questionable action confirms well, this is how he's always been. So now Beast is just a monster. It is who he is.

Other characters see Beast as a monster and it might be something that sticks for far too long. I hate it, but at the same time it could have been interesting if they didn't have him go way way too far. I still can't get over him trying to kill that young girl with cancer. Like wtf. How do you come back from that. How do you justify that?

But to leave on a positive note Bishop did worse things and he's back to being a good guy!