Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Another thing to consider is why even go through the proecss of killing him just to bring back an earlier backup? Why not just have Xavier mindwipe in that case bc it essentially would be the same thing. I think its dangerous to erase ones memories anyway bc he would still have the capacity to get dark like he did but he would have no context of what that really meant. For example look at Jean. She constantly has the memories of Dark Phoenix haunt her and bc she remembers wht she did and has the emotions and experiences that went along with that, she is extra mindful to not do things that could lead her down that path again. Redemption has been a recurring theme for her for years. There are those like the Shi'ar that may not completely beleive it but those close to her though bc they see her live it everyday. If Hank is to be redeemed, he needs that to and more importantly the people around him need for him to be aware of all that and thrive to be better.
    Yes, those are very good points. What I'd like(if we can't just retcon this whole mess) is for Hank to FINALLY realize how he's acting, realize the harm and damage he's done, that he was wrong and needs serious help. But since almost everyone wants him killed or at least put in the pit, he won't get help or find redemption in there. *plz don't put him in the pit *

I mean, at the very least since the Hellfire Gala a year-and-a-half ago, where he was acting paranoid and delusional, anyone could see there was something wrong with him, but nobody did anything. Of course they wouldn't though, because that wouldn't fit in whatever demented plot Percy has.

Extraordinary Member

Another thing to consider is why even go through the proecss of killing him just to bring back an earlier backup? Why not just have Xavier mindwipe in that case bc it essentially would be the same thing. I think its dangerous to erase ones memories anyway bc he would still have the capacity to get dark like he did but he would have no context of what that really meant. For example look at Jean. She constantly has the memories of Dark Phoenix haunt her and bc she remembers wht she did and has the emotions and experiences that went along with that, she is extra mindful to not do things that could lead her down that path again. Redemption has been a recurring theme for her for years. There are those like the Shi'ar that may not completely beleive it but those close to her though bc they see her live it everyday. If Hank is to be redeemed, he needs that to and more importantly the people around him need for him to be aware of all that and thrive to be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Yes, those are very good points. What I'd like(if we can't just retcon this whole mess) is for Hank to FINALLY realize how he's acting, realize the harm and damage he's done, that he was wrong and needs serious help. But since almost everyone wants him killed or at least put in the pit, he won't get help or find redemption in there. *plz don't put him in the pit *

I mean, at the very least since the Hellfire Gala a year-and-a-half ago, where he was acting paranoid and delusional, anyone could see there was something wrong with him, but nobody did anything. Of course they wouldn't though, because that wouldn't fit in whatever demented plot Percy has.
    Not to beat this dead horse anymore, but...without an outside influence Hank is just some evil, irredeemable bastard that I just don't feel sorry for.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Urgghh got to bump this thread! One from when Hank was in the Avengers:

I liked his Sasquatch-like appearance at first, but now I associate it with his villainous turn:

And one of human-Hank:

placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Urgghh got to bump this thread! One from when Hank was in the Avengers:

That was a 500 pound barbell that Cap was sweating to use in his workout. Light as a feather for Beast.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I miss Teen Hank whom IMO was one of the best version of the character

Incredible Member

Of course, we don’t know what’s actually going on with McCoy, but I was sorry to see him slaughtered so easily. This is probably not a popular opinion, but in a straight up fight with Logan, I am Team Beast. He is far faster, far stronger, and far smarter…he should be several steps ahead when dealing with a berserk fighter.
    Last edited by bearman; 02-20-2023 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Of course, we don’t know what’s actually going on with McCoy, but I was sorry to see him slaughtered so easily. This is probably not a popular opinion, but in a straight up fight with Logan, I am Team Beast. He is har faster, far stronger, and far smarter…he should be several steps ahead when dealing with a berserk fighter.
    Yeah, I posted a fight scene of them a few pages back. They're at the very least evenly matched.

*sigh*
    When is this damn storyline going to end!? The May solicitations say it's only by that time that the rest of X-Force moves against Beast, with some 'blast from the past' that readers will be talking about. This is the most glacial pace I've ever seen. The more it goes on, the less hope I see that Hank will ever be fixed. This years-long storyline is going to be an albatross on this character's neck for years.

Here's a picture of Beast in his Howard the Duck shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Here's a picture of Beast in his Howard the Duck shirt.
    Ah yes, I remember this scene, from XM TAS "The Phoenix Saga" after Jean transforms into Phoenix and is hospitalized. Beast is taking the mind implants of the space station personnel to examine in his lab.

Beast was drawn well and very intelligent in the series.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I miss Teen Hank whom IMO was one of the best version of the character

Maybe I missed it, but did time displaced Teen Beast have any impact on current Beast? He should have. I feel like Scott was impacted in some ways by his teen version and same could be said of Iceman and Jean. Each O5 should have been impacted for the better imo. Ah, well. They need to have Beast step outside himself and reflect on his actions.

Did Beast really try to kill a child on the last Wolverine issue? My only hope now is to remind myself that Bishop has been redeemed so anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but did time displaced Teen Beast have any impact on current Beast? He should have. I feel like Scott was impacted in some ways by his teen version and same could be said of Iceman and Jean. Each O5 should have been impacted for the better imo. Ah, well. They need to have Beast step outside himself and reflect on his actions.

Did Beast really try to kill a child on the last Wolverine issue? My only hope now is to remind myself that Bishop has been redeemed so anything is possible.
    As for you first question: No, not a bit. The writers for the last 10 years just don't like Hank and want to dump on him for some reason. For your second question, the difference from Bishop I believe is how personal they've made the evil things Hank has done to Logan. Their relationship is ruined forever unless some explanation for Hank's behavior is given or retconned in by another writer if Percy EVER gets his ass off this book.
    Last edited by Mungho; 02-20-2023 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah yes, I remember this scene, from XM TAS "The Phoenix Saga" after Jean transforms into Phoenix and is hospitalized. Beast is taking the mind implants of the space station personnel to examine in his lab.

Beast was drawn well and very intelligent in the series.
    The cartoon versions of those characters are mentally the ones I revert to anytime I think of the X-men characters. ... Well, 90% of them anyway.

Beast was especially great.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The cartoon versions of those characters are mentally the ones I revert to anytime I think of the X-men characters. ... Well, 90% of them anyway.

Beast was especially great.
    I agree.

Originally, they were gonna keep him in jail for the entirety (mostly) of the series, but I am so glad that they changed plans and had Beast be on the team. I hated that he had to be in jail at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree.

Originally, they were gonna keep him in jail for the entirety (mostly) of the series, but I am so glad that they changed plans and had Beast be on the team. I hated that he had to be in jail at all.
    I heard it was the executives who wanted that, they didn't like Beast. I wonder what their problem was?

I heard it was the executives who wanted that, they didn't like Beast. I wonder what their problem was?
    That's correct, those in power of the series, the "they" I referenced above.