Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    I liked the Beast in Roy Thomas’ recent X-Men Legends story. He really is a great character, especially when blue. I have a soft spot for human-looking Hank back in X-Factor when his mind was degenerating.
    Oh, yes! I'm loving that series! Here's the first two covers:

That's Hank in the bottom right partially covered by Logan. Damn Hank, you're looking positively ferocious in these covers! I remember in the past they've had their share of dust-ups, but any animosity never lasted long. Unlike...now...*sigh*.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for Henry McCoy

This just made me think: how does Hank shower/bathe? It would takes ages for all that fur to dry.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    This just made me think: how does Hank shower/bathe? It would takes ages for all that fur to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Ah, hair dryers! Somewhat inefficient, as he says. What issue is that from?

Oh, by the way, are my images too big? I can reduce them if so.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Ah, hair dryers! Somewhat inefficient, as he says. What issue is that from?

Oh, by the way, are my images too big? I can reduce them if so.
    X-Factor (1991) #65.

Guess I'll upload some more. This is from the issue were Hank meets his parents in his new blue furry form:

Really, the 'disgusting freak' thing was rather hateful, but mom shows up to protect her son from some D-Tier villain. How sweet!

Next up, is some X-Men Legends. I must say Hank looks like an absolute unit here:

Extraordinary Member

New Hank thread...same Hank complaint...give me un-furry Hank.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    New Hank thread...same Hank complaint...give me un-furry Hank.
    I can understand. We both have our preferences.

Hey, with the army of clones Hank is going to create(exasperated sigh), maybe there's room for an un-furry version? Also for his classic look, and his cat look too.

Happy New Year to Beast and all of his furry fans (and even the fans that hate the fur)! I suspect I hold an unpopular opinion here though, as I have enjoyed Beast's recent turn towards amorality.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Happy New Year to Beast and all of his furry fans (and even the fans that hate the fur)! I suspect I hold an unpopular opinion here though, as I have enjoyed Beast's recent turn towards amorality.
    It would be better if it was written well, but now that thing in X-Force and Wolverine is just a grotesque prop, a villainous, drooling goon who thinks nothing of betraying his closet friends and killing innocent people. Nothing like the Beast of the past.

I found this in the X-Men Merry Holiday special. This really hit home for someone like me who deals with loneliness. I just want to hug the poor guy:

Last edited by Mungho; 01-06-2023 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    It can't get worse, though, right?

Right?

Seriously, I can't help feeling all this horror is leading to a reboot of Hank.
    That's what I think. Or at least hoping for. He can't stay evil. Just can't...

I found this in the X-Men Merry Holiday special. This really hit home for someone like me who deals with loneliness. I just want to hug the poor guy:

I'm sorry you deal with loneliness, I do too, a bit. Now we are two, so not so alone after all!

When did that Holiday Special come out? I don't think I've ever seen that before.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Seeing all these old versions of Beast just makes me sad at just how far the character has fallen. He is the biggest victim of character assassination in modern comic history. It is like the writer are in a contest to see who can make poor Beast the most unlikable and twisted character in X-Men history.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I'm sorry you deal with loneliness, I do too, a bit. Now we are two, so not so alone after all!

When did that Holiday Special come out? I don't think I've ever seen that before.
    Aw, thanks

This came out in late 2018. I wondered when was the last time he spoke to his parents. Now he's extremely anti-human.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Seeing all these old versions of Beast just makes me sad at just how far the character has fallen. He is the biggest victim of character assassination in modern comic history. It is like the writer are in a contest to see who can make poor Beast the most unlikable and twisted character in X-Men history.
    I know, it actually seems vindictive. Even if Hank is re-railed back to his heroic self later due to retcon or reboot, I fear this whole era by Percy is going to tarnish him and take years to undo the damage.

Aw, thanks
    No worries mate, us comic book people gotta stick together!

This came out in late 2018.
    Yeah I punched it into the Googz and it told me it was a digital comic. I wonder if it ever got released physically.

I wondered when was the last time he spoke to his parents. Now he's extremely anti-human.
    He really is. This really ought to be explored a bit. There's fodder for a good story in that.