Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Hello, I don't venture into the X-Men forum much, but I wanted to ask Beast fans a question. I've been doing an Avengers read through, Beast joining was a great highlight but I'm at the point where he's left the team and joined in the Defenders. I did enjoy Beast but I'm not sure if I really like the Defenders, is Beast's stint in these worth reading?

To note, I'm doing an X-Men readthrough too, but reading X-books have always been more difficult for me.
    I just speak for myself, but I love his defenders stint. I bought the last two Defenders epic collections with the New Defenders to keep it complete.
    Last edited by Thundershot; 01-17-2023 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I just speak for myself, but I love his defenders stink. I bought the last two Defenders epic collections with the New Defenders to keep it complete.
    Ugh, you're making me envious. I passed up a collection to get his action figure last Nov. I usually have to wait for some sort of discount because the collections just keep raising in price. I'm not made out of money!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Just doubling down on my theory...Sage jump starting him just exacerbated what all the DNA altering already did to him.
    I agree, here's the page were she does it:

Morrison was trying to give the artists an out since there were already several different interpretations of him, but it just opened a Pandora's Box, leading to this(yes, I'm posting them again because I can't help myself):

It's just so horrible I can't tear my eyes away from it. Why the long face Hank?(cont. next post)
    Last edited by Mungho; 01-16-2023 at 06:21 PM.

Okay, we got your bear form, it's...not so bad I guess, but something looks off about it:

Okay, Hank, you're starting to stray into some dangerously furry territory. I think we need to get you to the lab before this gets wor-

Aughhghh! He looks like he's from SwatCats!
    Last edited by Mungho; 01-18-2023 at 06:14 PM.

Okay, no more awful Hank pics, I've got that out of my system. Here's an extra panel from just before that fight scene with Hank and Logan I posted above. Even when there's tension between them they love to banter. Percy is a fathead for ruining this friendship:

Mighty Member

Have anyone check out the 'Marvel Tales: Avengers Two" reprint?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Have anyone check out the 'Marvel Tales: Avengers Two" reprint?
    No, since I already have those issues it reprints. It seems to be digital only too, going by Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Aughhghh! He looks like he's from SwatCats!
    I know, right?! He could even become a member of Derek's Mutates

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-19-2023 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

At the Green Lagoon

Sage: Blob, since I'm not talking to Beast... would you please ask him to return the beer that he's keeping for himself?
    Blob: Please pass Sage the beer, Beast.
    Beast: Anole, please tell Sage that he won't have the beer because she's an alcoholic under rehabilitation and her drunk routines make her a liability.
    Anole: You sure you will take that beer, Sage?
    Sage: Blob, tell Anole I just want to take a beer like I do every day after work!
    Blob: Tell him yourself! You're ignoring Beast, not Anole!
    Sage: Anole, thank Blob for pointing that out
    Blob: Sage, you're not not talking to me. And, secondly, I heard what you said!
    Sage: Beast, tell Blob to get off my case!
    Anole: Uh, Sage, Beast's the one you're not talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    At the Green Lagoon

Sage: Blob, since I'm not talking to Beast... would you please ask him to return the beer that he's keeping for himself?
    Blob: Please pass Sage the beer, Beast.
    Beast: Anole, please tell Sage that he won't have the beer because she's an alcoholic under rehabilitation and her drunk routines make her a liability.
    Anole: You sure you will take that beer, Sage?
    Sage: Blob, tell Anole I just want to take a beer like I do every day after work!
    Blob: Tell him yourself! You're ignoring Beast, not Anole!
    Sage: Anole, thank Blob for pointing that out
    Blob: Sage, you're not not talking to me. And, secondly, I heard what you said!
    Sage: Beast, tell Blob to get off my case!
    Anole: Uh, Sage, Beast's the one you're not talking to.
    Okay, you made me lol, so you all get some more pictures, head shots this time:

Extraordinary Member

So...are we going to learn that Sinister somehow infected Beast causing the evilness?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

So...are we going to learn that Sinister somehow infected Beast causing the evilness?
    No, because according to the latest interviews with Percy and taking into account earlier ones, this is 100% the real Beast, not possessed, not controlled, not, influenced by Sinister. This whole storyline is about doing bad things for the greater good(Hank), while Logan says that bad is bad. While this might be an interesting dichotomy, the execution falls so flat on its face that it's ludicrous. How is painfully disemboweling and decapitating your good friend while holding his severed and grinning like a lunatic 'for the greater good'!? And this isn't even getting into all the petty evil and cruelties he's gone into. Oh, and apparently, Hank has been fighting against some sort of nebulous evil that will destroy Krakoa, but of course fails and Gambit and Rogue will have to do it.

Either Percy doesn't realize or just doesn't care, he's severely damaged Beast as a character. Sure, other X-Men like Bishop or Jean committed genocide, but Hank performed a personal evil on Logan that can't ever be forgiven. Sure, the next writer can try to retcon away that this wasn't the real Hank, but we still have that image of him holding Logan's bloody, severed head. Why would Cebulski let him do this? I just don't understand.

Extraordinary Member

No, because according to the latest interviews with Percy and taking into account earlier ones, this is 100% the real Beast, not possessed, not controlled, not, influenced by Sinister. This whole storyline is about doing bad things for the greater good(Hank), while Logan says that bad is bad. While this might be an interesting dichotomy, the execution falls so flat on its face that it's ludicrous. How is painfully disemboweling and decapitating your good friend while holding his severed and grinning like a lunatic 'for the greater good'!? And this isn't even getting into all the petty evil and cruelties he's gone into. Oh, and apparently, Hank has been fighting against some sort of nebulous evil that will destroy Krakoa, but of course fails and Gambit and Rogue will have to do it.

Either Percy doesn't realize or just doesn't care, he's severely damaged Beast as a character. Sure, other X-Men like Bishop or Jean committed genocide, but Hank performed a personal evil on Logan that can't ever be forgiven. Sure, the next writer can try to retcon away that this wasn't the real Hank, but we still have that image of him holding Logan's bloody, severed head. Why would Cebulski let him do this? I just don't understand.
    That story might have worked if there was some morally ambiguous 'end justifies the means' type who was put in charge of X-Force to start...but they just did a complete 180 with Hank that has completely destroyed him as a character.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

That story might have worked if there was some morally ambiguous 'end justifies the means' type who was put in charge of X-Force to start...but they just did a complete 180 with Hank that has completely destroyed him as a character.
    Indeed. Percy said he had this plan for Hank from the very beginning of X-Force. To people who were upset about the drastic changes in Hank, Percy simply said "People who say Beast is lovable have only read a few comics'. I was infuriated when I read that. It's YOU who doesn't know the character you hack! Of course, the past 10 years have had Hank be increasingly shady, but nothing he couldn't walk back from. But Percy just slammed down on the accelerator over to pitch-black villainy for him.

Oh, and my big theory that Hank was split into a human and mutant side is completely wrong too.
    Last edited by Mungho; 01-21-2023 at 12:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Indeed. Percy said he had this plan for Hank from the very beginning of X-Force. To people who were upset about the drastic changes in Hank, Percy simply said "People who say Beast is lovable have only read a few comics'. I was infuriated when I read that. It's YOU who doesn't know the character you hack! Of course, the past 10 years have had Hank be increasingly shady, but nothing he couldn't walk back from. But Percy just slammed down on the accelerator over to pitch-black villainy for him.

Oh, and my big theory that Hank was split into a human and mutant side is completely wrong too.
    Today's writers have no respect for continuity or the decades of character development and will just do whatever they feel like with characters. It has happened in the past such as Cyclops leaving his wife and son because Jean Grey came back...but even then it could be seen as a momentary character flaw as opposed to what is going on with Hank.

Percy lies
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”