Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Beast and Jubilee.
    I didn't like the way Joe Madureira drew Beast, too harsh and angular. And I never liked him having pupil-less eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    The Avengers excerpts above reminded me why i didn't love Avengers Beast: he often was written as a juvenile jackass, not "fun loving"... just grating. I suspect the real reason for this is few comics writers are actually funny. Hank seemed less witty, and more annoying to me.

Hank actually discusses his joking around with his girlfriend Vera, who finds it annoying as well:

I really wish they would have done some sort of deep dive into Hank's psyche and have him confront his issues, instead of just stating they're their and ignoring them. The Christmas special issue of X-Men 2018 (I believe?) were he visited his parents before the Krakoa stuff starts showed he was desperately unhappy.
    Last edited by Mungho; 12-07-2023 at 03:23 PM.
    Not removing this signature until Beast is written as a good guy again.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    The Avengers excerpts above reminded me why i didn't love Avengers Beast: he often was written as a juvenile jackass, not "fun loving"... just grating. I suspect the real reason for this is few comics writers are actually funny. Hank seemed less witty, and more annoying to me.
    Maybe it's because it's the first version of Beast that I read as a kid but I love the Avengers era Beast the most. The way he looked and the way he behaved and the way he fought. All of it is so much better than making him exactly like Dark Beast which is exactly what we've been getting for awhile now without the shiny metal pants. To each their own though.

Extraordinary Member

As much as I hate what they are doing to Beast...imagine a post-Krakoa mutant terrorist group who were inspired by what Scumbag-Beast is doing.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Guess I'll post the teaser for next month's X-Force which shows the return of Avengers(or as I call him, the real Hank):

I believe that's Scumbag-Beast up top with Avengers' Beast at the bottom. Looks like that theory I read on reddit by a Hank fan of them using one of Scumbag-Beast's spare clones to bring back Avengers' Hank was true. Even if they say these are both the real Hank, I still think Scumbag-Beast is some sort of soulless husk, and that Avengers' Hank is the real one.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, they're going to miss a golden opportunity if they don't have Avengers' Hank say to the other:

"I'm the real McCoy!"

I am looking forward to when this whole sorry Beast storyline is over.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...r-march-2024/?

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Guess I'll post the teaser for next month's X-Force which shows the return of Avengers(or as I call him, the real Hank):

I believe that's Scumbag-Beast up top with Avengers' Beast at the bottom. Looks like that theory I read on reddit by a Hank fan of them using one of Scumbag-Beast's spare clones to bring back Avengers' Hank was true. Even if they say these are both the real Hank, I still think Scumbag-Beast is some sort of soulless husk, and that Avengers' Hank is the real one.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, they're going to miss a golden opportunity if they don't have Avengers' Hank say to the other:
    Oh my stars and garters!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Oh my stars and garters!
    Yes, but sigh we have to wait a whole month more to see how they do it.

Let's try some more pictures.

First, some lovely artwork by Alan Davis:

George Perez, so long my favorite:

And some more of human!Hank. I don't post enough of him:

Default Thunderbeast

What If Beast found Mjolnir?

Spectacular Member

Are any of the O5 better characters than they were in the 90’s under CC and Weezy?

Actually, are any characters?

A 30 odd year fall from grace.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Are any of the O5 better characters than they were in the 90’s under CC and Weezy?

Actually, are any characters?

A 30 odd year fall from grace.
    I heard someone say that the storytelling of the X-books peaked in 92 then began a slow decline afterward, accelerating under Quesada and Morrison, to today. I'm not sure about the 'peaked' part, but I do agree that Quesada's editorial mandates, as well as ideas Morrison introduced in his run, greatly harmed the X-Men franchise.

But enough of that. MOAR pictures!!!

Hank and Jubilee!

I like Hank's magic form. I wonder, if the next writer doesn't use Rosenberg's story of Hank selling his soul to explain the bad one's behavior, I wonder if his fooling around with magic could offer another one?

Trading card:

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post

What If Beast found Mjolnir?
    Wow! That's very cool! He kind of looks like a bugbear from Dungeons & Dragons. Is this from something? Or is it AI drawn?

Let me throw up a couple of more pics:

At the time, I used Cassaday's art for references for Hank when I got back into drawing(no, I didn't trace).

The above was when, again, Hank was psychically tortured by Cassandra Nova(through Emma, I believe, who was being controlled by her) and regressed into a feral state again. And when it was over, after some banter with Logan and apologizing for trying to eat him, he doesn't seem to get any help for the trauma he just suffered. I remember being upset by this and wishing he would've confided in Jean about his fears of devolving, as well as his traumas.

My Thunderbeast pic was made using Bing AI.

Isn’t that Feeal Beast from that What If where Hank kept devolving?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    My Thunderbeast pic was made using Bing AI.

Isn’t that Feeal Beast from that What If where Hank kept devolving?
    F**king dammit, you're right. Here's the issue I was thinking of:

What's odd is, I saw that feral Hank and I recognized it. But, the What If? I remember reading was much earlier:

I'm really wondering about my mental faculties.

The Watcher showed Hank a variety of Alternative Him’s which is where the feral One is from I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post

I like Hank's magic form. I wonder, if the next writer doesn't use Rosenberg's story of Hank selling his soul to explain the bad one's behavior, I wonder if his fooling around with magic could offer another one?
    I think that would be good way to go, when the younger one sold his soul in the present day, the fine print indicated that he sold the present day Beast's soul too. That way it is the real Beast and he is not possessed but there's a reason this is happening that can be dealt with.