Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 854
  1. #76

    Default

    I've not really a fan of Beast, but it must really suck to see a character you like become some evil jerk. Though maybe if he hadn't been changed another character would have?

  2. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exuin View Post
    I've not really a fan of Beast, but it must really suck to see a character you like become some evil jerk. Though maybe if he hadn't been changed another character would have?
    If there is no sinister beast, i will at least take that win.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

    Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

  3. #78

    Default

    I actually clicked on this thread because I saw scan of Beast talking about Krakoan immigrants, using language comparable to the rhetoric that immigrants are causing crime and stealing people's jobs in the USA. So I guess he's basically a racist now.

  4. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exuin View Post
    I actually clicked on this thread because I saw scan of Beast talking about Krakoan immigrants, using language comparable to the rhetoric that immigrants are causing crime and stealing people's jobs in the USA. So I guess he's basically a racist now.
    Sinister was one too before he had that surgically removed so i stand by i take him not being a sinister a win, if that happens.

    I'd rather deal with a racist than a racist that had his racism surgically removed because i can't imagine how those instinctual feelings would manifest in some other way.

    To give at least a barometer for this to make some sense. Archie Bunker, not a racist to me.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-25-2023 at 02:07 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

    Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

  5. #80
    Beast-stan of CBR Mungho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exuin View Post
    I actually clicked on this thread because I saw scan of Beast talking about Krakoan immigrants, using language comparable to the rhetoric that immigrants are causing crime and stealing people's jobs in the USA. So I guess he's basically a racist now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Sinister was one too before he had that surgically removed so i stand by i take him not being a sinister a win, if that happens.

    I'd rather deal with a racist than a racist that had his racism surgically removed because i can't imagine how those instinctual feelings would manifest in some other way.

    To give at least a barometer for this to make some sense. Archie Bunker, not a racist to me.
    Well, Hank was actually concerned about that letting in so many unvetted immigrants into Krakoa was a security risk, but Percy had to tack on that last line to make it more awful.

    Percy has piled almost every evil he can on Beast to make him a villain. All he's wanted since the beginning is to have evil Beast vs. good Wolverine eventually. He doesn't seem to realize the damage he's done to this character.
    Last edited by Mungho; 01-25-2023 at 03:24 PM.

  6. #81
    Beast-stan of CBR Mungho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    I just found something interesting thanks to another poster here. In the 2018 Astonishing X-Men Annual, the newly revived Xavier gets the 05(minus Scott, since he was dead then) to fight an alien entity calling itself Lucifer who had enthralled an entire town. Hank was under his influence before Jean freed him, and he says "I feel like something was ripped out of my skull". Maybe part of his soul was stolen and that's why he's acting like he is? Here's the page in question:



    One of the X-writers said they're 'pulling together story threads started in 2018' now. Could all this have been planned? Somehow I doubt that, but it's one theory.

    Oh, and Xavier made them forget all this happened.
    Last edited by Mungho; 01-26-2023 at 10:38 AM.

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member Arachne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    That's interesting. It suggests that what he lost could be put back without him forgetting what he's done. It'd be awfully hard on him, though.

  8. #83
    Beast-stan of CBR Mungho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That's interesting. It suggests that what he lost could be put back without him forgetting what he's done. It'd be awfully hard on him, though.
    Well, he would have diminished responsibility, though it wouldn't help much. When Jean freed him, he said he gave himself over to this Lucifer at the cost of a piece of his soul and free will because he finally felt good and at peace. This would indicate he's suffering a good deal of emotional pain. I would post the page, but I'm very religious and I don't want to give people the idea turning to the devil for peace only God can give(in the comic, Xavier says this Lucifer might be the actual Devil, or just an alien entity).

  9. #84
    Mighty Member Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    I remember picking issue #111 of the X-Men off the shelf at the local Lawsons and seeing the Beast on the splash page.
    IMG_111.jpg
    If it wasn't for the Beast being in this issue I probably wouldn't have bought it.
    I liked the Beast from the Avengers book I was reading at the time.

  10. #85
    Ultimate Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    14,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I just found something interesting thanks to another poster here. In the 2018 Astonishing X-Men Annual, the newly revived Xavier gets the 05(minus Scott, since he was dead then) to fight an alien entity calling itself Lucifer who had enthralled an entire town. Hank was under his influence before Jean freed him, and he says "I feel like something was ripped out of my skull". Maybe part of his soul was stolen and that's why he's acting like he is? Here's the page in question:



    One of the X-writers said they're 'pulling together story threads started in 2018' now. Could all this have been planned? Somehow I doubt that, but it's one theory.

    Oh, and Xavier made them forget all this happened.
    I hope Marvel gives us some explanation for Beast's very different thinking and actions.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."


    Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

  11. #86
    Ultimate Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    14,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I remember picking issue #111 of the X-Men off the shelf at the local Lawsons and seeing the Beast on the splash page.
    IMG_111.jpg
    If it wasn't for the Beast being in this issue I probably wouldn't have bought it.
    I liked the Beast from the Avengers book I was reading at the time.
    Yeah, but Beast was not on the cover. What made you open it up?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."


    Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

  12. #87
    Mighty Member Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, but Beast was not on the cover. What made you open it up?
    Just looking for something to buy. I always flipped through books I didn't know just to check the art out.

  13. #88
    Ultimate Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    14,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Just looking for something to buy. I always flipped through books I didn't know just to check the art out.
    Ah, you are one of those notorious flippers I have heard about!

    I have friends who bought comics back then and they say that many times after they got home, they would often detect that someone had flipped through their books.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."


    Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

  14. #89
    Beast-stan of CBR Mungho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ah, you are one of those notorious flippers I have heard about!

    I have friends who bought comics back then and they say that many times after they got home, they would often detect that someone had flipped through their books.
    Yeah, I was a flipper too. One issue of the X-Books had Beast front and center alone on the cover. I didn't trust it, so I flipped through it and he didn't even appear in it. Talk about false advertising!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I hope Marvel gives us some explanation for Beast's very different thinking and actions.
    I think if they do explain it, it will be unsatisfactory. I've had several theories over the months, and they've all been dis-proven. This theory I have, that he lost a piece of his soul, is the latest. If I'm reading Percy right, Beast isn't doing anything evil, just protecting Krakoa through extreme measures, falls flat on its face in execution.

  15. #90
    Ultimate Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    14,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Yeah, I was a flipper too. One issue of the X-Books had Beast front and center alone on the cover. I didn't trust it, so I flipped through it and he didn't even appear in it. Talk about false advertising!



    I think if they do explain it, it will be unsatisfactory. I've had several theories over the months, and they've all been dis-proven. This theory I have, that he lost a piece of his soul, is the latest. If I'm reading Percy right, Beast isn't doing anything evil, just protecting Krakoa through extreme measures, falls flat on its face in execution.
    Yes, covers do not always accurately show what the issue is about nor all the characters appearing therein. However, unless buying it yourself, flipping is unfair to the person who actually does buy the book.

    I am not sure what Marvel will say about Beast or when. But if they do, I hope it is a good story that makes sense to fans.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."


    Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •