Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Can we just have a flashback of Sinister (or someone) putting some sort of creature in Hank's ear??

That's up to Percy. I think no matter what it is, it'll be unsatisfying, and like I said before, I'm afraid we might have to wait years to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Can we just have a flashback of Sinister (or someone) putting some sort of creature in Hank's ear??

Hank had a Russian soldier nesting doll running around in his system earlier in the current run
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Hank had a Russian soldier nesting doll running around in his system earlier in the current run
    Yeah, but all three were killed.

Oopsss... Somebody used the wrong image in this article: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScienceHero

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hank was bad in every alternative time-line/future, so he is just a bad person.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Hank was bad in every alternative time-line/future, so he is just a bad person.
    That is flatly wrong. Here's just a small sampling:

The Exiles Beast:

The X-Men Forever Beast, who sacrificed his life to save the Earth:

The X-Men The End Beast:

There's others, but I'm finding it difficult to care anymore. Marvel and Percy have ruined Beast and it will be much later this year for any change(if any)to happen.

In fact, looking through all these alternate versions, the ones where Hank becomes evil are in the minority:

There's Ultimate Universe Hank. I really liked him, then Marvel had to royally f**k up that universe:

The Marvel Adventures Hank:

And the Hank from the X-Men and Power Pack Earth:

Okay, some more pics. Here's Hank fighting Sabretooth from the latter's comic special from 96:

Ah, Hank in his natural environment: beating the s**t out of bad guys and loving it!

I just caught up with wolverines title and…man…beast. He’s getting closer to his dark beast persona every year. But if comics taught me anything, x characters going bad can always go good again and no one will care. Example forge and bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I just caught up with wolverines title and…man…beast. He’s getting closer to his dark beast persona every year. But if comics taught me anything, x characters going bad can always go good again and no one will care. Example forge and bishop.
    I know. But the amount of people(mostly on reddit and Bleeding Cool)I've seen demanding he be permanently killed off because of Percy's run...worries me that Marvel will listen to them. No one at Marvel likes Beast, so it seems like an easy decision to make. To end such a well-liked character on such a note would be awful.

If they hate him so much, kill him, rez him from before Morrison, and let the Avengers have him. Maybe they can treat him better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    If they hate him so much, kill him, rez him from before Morrison, and let the Avengers have him. Maybe they can treat him better.
    Marvel's editors have firmly placed him in the X-books, and won't let him wonder astray. Beyond occasionally paling around with Wonder Man. As far as rezzing goes, they're still fuzzy about if the soul is the same or not.

I REALLY wish I could guess Percy's endgame for all this. I would've just quit reading and visiting this forum but I have to see how this ends. Percy said X-Force issues #40 and 41 are going to be absolutely bonkers, so I'm curious, but it most likely will be disappointing. It's trainwreck syndrome, gotta see how this ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    That doestn actually solve anything as he still did all the awful stuff from the past decade or so even if he doesnt remember it. Essentially erasing someone's memories of a crimes committed, doesnt absolve them of said atrocities. Like I dont see how Wolverine would suddenly be cool with Hank if he had no memory of the heinous things he's done to him recently. He still needs to be held accountable

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That doestn actually solve anything as he still did all the awful stuff from the past decade or so even if he doesnt remember it. Essentially erasing someone's memories of a crimes committed, doesnt absolve them of said atrocities. Like I dont see how Wolverine would suddenly be cool with Hank if he had no memory of the heinous things he's done to him recently. He still needs to be held accountable
    Yes, that's a good point. I read a theory that Hank's spirit was broken after the events of M-Day and ever since has been slowly going insane from his own self-consuming bitterness, with the full psychotic break occurring during Krakoa. Hank really needs extensive therapy. If he has gone insane, that would give him diminished responsibility, though that would be little comfort to Logan. Though comics don't have a great track record of handling mental illness, nor do I think Percy has this in mind. I would prefer this whole run just be retconned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Yes, that's a good point. I read a theory that Hank's spirit was broken after the events of M-Day and ever since has been slowly going insane from his own self-consuming bitterness, with the full psychotic break occurring during Krakoa. Hank really needs extensive therapy. If he has gone insane, that would give him diminished responsibility, though that would be little comfort to Logan. Though comics don't have a great track record of handling mental illness, nor do I think Percy has this in mind. I would prefer this whole run just be retconned.
    Another thing to consider is why even go through the proecss of killing him just to bring back an earlier backup? Why not just have Xavier mindwipe in that case bc it essentially would be the same thing. I think its dangerous to erase ones memories anyway bc he would still have the capacity to get dark like he did but he would have no context of what that really meant. For example look at Jean. She constantly has the memories of Dark Phoenix haunt her and bc she remembers wht she did and has the emotions and experiences that went along with that, she is extra mindful to not do things that could lead her down that path again. Redemption has been a recurring theme for her for years. There are those like the Shi'ar that may not completely beleive it but those close to her though bc they see her live it everyday. If Hank is to be redeemed, he needs that to and more importantly the people around him need for him to be aware of all that and thrive to be better.