Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    These guys GET it.
    I am hoping these movies do well enough that we get enough Mayday spin-offs to last a lifetime.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by MaydayStan View Post
    I was one of the ones slamming him for that too. Such an idiotic post to make. As an editor, he should know to keep his mouth shut about stuff he clearly has no clue about.

Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz are the two most underappreciated people Marvel ever had work on the Spider titles. It's so downright frustrating to see people try to minimize what they did and what they accomplished. In the same thread that Lowe answered on Twitter about taking credit for 'Renew Your Vows', he tried to downplay the reason Slott used a new character rather than use Mayday (Likely for credit for making a new character, because come on, it's Dan.)
    He was on that nonsense again this morning and doubled down. Yes, clearly some of RYV’s themes are in the movie… because Mayday’s book was doing it first. They’re universal themes of parenthood and growth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    They really don't make them like they used to.
    Only the Spider-Girl comics and The Spectacular Spider-Man made them like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Only the Spider-Girl comics and The Spectacular Spider-Man made them like they used to.
    True that, true that.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Recommended Reading from the true 616
    The Clone Saga - DeFalco's run on ASM ending with #439 (skip Gathering of Five/The Final Chapter and move on to Mr. and Mrs. Spider-Man and then What If? #105 to begin your Spider-Girl reading experience proper)
    Spider-Man: The Lost Hunt #1-5 (TPB out in June)

Comprehensive May "Mayday" Parker Reading Guide:
    What If? vol.2 #105 (First Appearance)
    Spider-Girl vol.1 #0-100 (Issues #0-67, #1/2 and the 1999 Annual have been collected in the first four volumes of Spider-Girl: The Complete Collection in TPB format.)
    Fantastic Five vol.1 #3
    J2 #7
    The Buzz #1-3 (Collected in Spider-Girl Presents: Darkdevil and The Buzz TPB)
    Last Hero Standing #1-5 (There is a TPB for this series)
    Last Planet Standing #1-5 (There is a TPB for this series)
    Amazing Spider-Girl #1-31 (The entire series has been collected in a five-part TPB format)
    Avengers Next #1-5 (Collected in TPB format as Avengers Next: Rebirth)
    American Dream #4-5
    Spider-Man Family #1
    Mr. & Mrs. Spider-Man (Prequel Series that was printed as a back-up story in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man Family #1-4, it was later collected in the Spectacular Spider-Girl: Who Killed Gwen Reilly? TPB)
    The Spectacular Spider-Girl vol. 1 #1-11 (This was online only but was eventually reprinted in Amazing Spider-Man Family #1-8 and Web of Spider-Man vol.2 #1-4 before being collected in the Spectacular Spider-Girl: Who Killed Gwen Reilly? TPB)
    The Spectacular Spider-Girl vol.2 #1-4 (This was first printed in Web of Spider-Man vol.2 #5-7 and then later collected in the Spectacular Spider-Girl: The Last Stand TPB)
    Spider-Girl: The End #1 (Also collected in Spectacular Spider-Girl: The Last Stand TPB)
    Amazing Spider-Man vol.3 #8-15 (Collected in TPB and HC/Omnibus format as part of the original Spider-Verse series)
    Spider-Verse Team-Up #3 (Also collected in TPB and HC/Omnibus format as part of the original Spider-Verse series)
    Secret Wars: Spider-Island #1-5 (Collected in Warzones! Spider-Island TPB)
    Web Warriors #1-11 (Collected in two TPBs)
    Spider-Geddon #0-3 & #5 (Collected in TPB and HC/Omnibus format)
    Spider-Girls #1-3 (Collected in TPB as part of Spider-Geddon: Covert Ops and also in HC/Omnibus format)
    Ghost Spider #4 (Speaking cameo, but seeing as how its the Spider-Geddon aftermath issue I thought I would throw it in)
    Spider-Man vol. 4 #1-7 (Appears throughout the entire arc. TPB out in June.)
    Spider-Verse Unlimited #26-29 (Online only...for now!)

MAYDAYS OF THE MULTIVERSE COMPREHENSIVE READING GUIDE

Earth-9997/Earth-1121 Maydays:
    Marvels X #2-3, #5-6 (Chronological First Appearance of Earth-9997 Mayday, comes in TPB format)
    Earth X #1, 3, 6, 8-11, X (Comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Universe X #0-12, X (Cameo by Earth-1121 Spider-Girl, comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Universe X: Beasts (Comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Universe X: Spidey (Comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Paradise X: Heralds #1-3 (First full appearance of Earth-1121 Spider-Girl, comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Paradise X #1-3, 6-8, 11, A (Comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Paradise X: Ragnarok #2 (Comes in TPB and HC/Omnibus Format)
    Uncanny Avengers vol.1 #14, 18-22 (last known full appearance of May "Venom" Parker, TPB format)

Other Realities:
    What If? vol.2 #31, 86 (#31 is the first and only appearance of the "proto-Mayday", a nameless daughter born to Peter and MJ who inherited The Enigma Force and her fathers Spider-Powers and #86 has a younger redheaded version of May who was raised by Ben Reilly)
    What If? House of M #1 (First and only appearance of Mayday's daughter, Anna.)
    Spider-Man: The Real Clone Saga #5-6 (MJ pregnant for most of series, May is only seen in the final issues, comes in TPB format)
    Dark Ages #1-6 (comes in TPB format)
    X-Men & Spider-Man: Time's Arrow Book 3: The Future (Novel, first and only appearance of Earth-8410 Spider-Girl)

Movies
    Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Mayday's first major motion picture! Out June 2nd!)
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 05-23-2023 at 01:09 PM.

Mayday/Spider-Cat Team Up!

Astonishing Member

These guys GET it.
    INDEED!!! They DEFINITELY get it!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Mayday/Spider-Cat Team Up!

Indeed. Also, congratulations on being the 666th post in this thread.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Also, congratulations on being the 666th post in this thread.
    I noticed that. I was all "Oh crap! This post is cursed now!"

I noticed that. I was all "Oh crap! This post is cursed now!"
    Funny enough, according to some readings, the real Number of the Beast is 616 . . . which is also the designation of the main Marvel Universe continuity in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, according to some readings, the real Number of the Beast is 616 . . . which is also the designation of the main Marvel Universe continuity in comics.
    Certainly puts OMD into a certain context.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Certainly puts OMD into a certain context.
    That it does.

Amazing Member

Echoing one of the earlier posts in this thread, really hope they don’t kill Peter B off! You don’t think they would be that cynical do that, would they???

Quote Originally Posted by Green Symbiote View Post
    Echoing one of the earlier posts in this thread, really hope they don’t kill Peter B off! You don’t think they would be that cynical do that, would they???
    This is Part 1 of 2, and will be very “Empire Strikes Back”.

… Prepare yourself.

This is Part 1 of 2, and will be very “Empire Strikes Back”.

… Prepare yourself.
    Yeah, but no one important died in Empire Strikes Back. I don't think Peter B. is going to die, because if he DOES (and it is somehow Miles' fault)...then Beyond the Spider-Verse is going to be about an older Mayday trying to kill Miles in order to get revenge! Hmm...