Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1082
  1. #16
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    4,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    It’s just odd that they wouldn’t use Tom DeFalco. Probably ageism at play.
    They're probably still burned from what DeFalco did to sabotage Slott

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    They're probably still burned from what DeFalco did to sabotage Slott
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Although, Slott immediately set himself up for failure when he tried to kill MC2 Peter, MJ and Wes off for good. So I would say he earned it.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  3. #18
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    They're probably still burned from what DeFalco did to sabotage Slott
    How did DeFalco sabotage Slott? I’m glad to hear this because I can’t stand Slott, so this is exciting. Details please!

  4. #19
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    4,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    How did DeFalco sabotage Slott? I’m glad to hear this because I can’t stand Slott, so this is exciting. Details please!
    After MC2 Peter was killed, Marvel commissioned Tom and Frenz to write a Mayday story for the Spider-Verse event, but Frenz was very upset that MC2 Peter had died so he and Tom convinced editorial to let them subtly insinuate the Mayday that was affected by the tragedy wasn't "our" Mayday. This would be ignored later down the road, and became moot when MC2 Peter was revived in Spider-Geddon, with Stephanie's story seemingly acting as if nothing between 2010 and 2018 had happened to them, with Mayday back to her long hair and going by Spider-Girl again, with Benjy also aged up slightly and Peter and MJ all over each other and going on date nights.

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    How did DeFalco sabotage Slott? I’m glad to hear this because I can’t stand Slott, so this is exciting. Details please!
    During Spider-Verse, DeFalco wrote a story that inferred that the Mayday we saw lost her parents was actually another version of her and that the real Earth-982 was out there. He even mocked the way Slott wrote her by writing her in a similar manner, note the "I'm Mayday Parker. The Spider-Girl" as opposed to "My name is May "Mayday" Parker and I am the daughter of the one, true Spider-Man!" Also...she calls her little brother "Benny" as opposed to "Benjy" like the MC2 version does. Everything in this story hints to this not being the Earth-982 Mayday. EDIT: Oh, didn't see the above reply...this is for extra context then.

    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-02-2023 at 12:03 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  6. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Thanks. I actually knew about this so I thought you were referring to something different. Killing Peter went against everything MC2 stood for so I’m glad DeFalco took steps to correct it. I’m even gladder that the Infinity Comic ignored everything post-The End. For years I’ve been saying I want a new Spider-Girl series that ignores Spider-Verse and Secret Wars and Spider-Geddon and just picks up where The End left off. The Infinity Comic actually strengthens the idea that what Slott did to Mayday happened to an alt-universe version of her.

  7. #22
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13,203

    Default

    Can someone edit the OP? It bothers me more than it should that there's a type in regard to the name of Mayday's mother. She's "Mary Jan Watson" in the OP, lol.

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Thanks. I actually knew about this so I thought you were referring to something different. Killing Peter went against everything MC2 stood for so I’m glad DeFalco took steps to correct it. I’m even gladder that the Infinity Comic ignored everything post-The End. For years I’ve been saying I want a new Spider-Girl series that ignores Spider-Verse and Secret Wars and Spider-Geddon and just picks up where The End left off. The Infinity Comic actually strengthens the idea that what Slott did to Mayday happened to an alt-universe version of her.
    I just want a new Spider-Girl ongoing, one that goes on forever. You know...like that quote from the old Narnia books...

    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  9. #24
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    After MC2 Peter was killed, Marvel commissioned Tom and Frenz to write a Mayday story for the Spider-Verse event, but Frenz was very upset that MC2 Peter had died so he and Tom convinced editorial to let them subtly insinuate the Mayday that was affected by the tragedy wasn't "our" Mayday. This would be ignored later down the road, and became moot when MC2 Peter was revived in Spider-Geddon, with Stephanie's story seemingly acting as if nothing between 2010 and 2018 had happened to them, with Mayday back to her long hair and going by Spider-Girl again, with Benjy also aged up slightly and Peter and MJ all over each other and going on date nights.
    iirc he basically left that one up to interpretation rather than outright saying it as a means of appeasing the fans that were upset at what Slott did, but given the developments since then and her touching moments with Annie, I’d hate for that to be relegated to an alternate Mayday. Really hoping that she gets some better developments within End of Spider-Verse beyond being an elite mook though because I can’t stand what Slott’s done to most of the fan favorites there.

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    iirc he basically left that one up to interpretation rather than outright saying it as a means of appeasing the fans that were upset at what Slott did, but given the developments since then and her touching moments with Annie, I’d hate for that to be relegated to an alternate Mayday. Really hoping that she gets some better developments within End of Spider-Verse beyond being an elite mook though because I can’t stand what Slott’s done to most of the fan favorites there.
    It's really bad, when I saw Mayday as one of those things my heart dropped, I thought "Oh God, he's going to have Morlun kill her off, I just know it" but so far Morlun doesn't seem to like feeding on Wasp Totems. Thank God, still though...damn that Slott.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-02-2023 at 05:16 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  11. #26
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    iirc he basically left that one up to interpretation rather than outright saying it as a means of appeasing the fans that were upset at what Slott did, but given the developments since then and her touching moments with Annie, I’d hate for that to be relegated to an alternate Mayday. Really hoping that she gets some better developments within End of Spider-Verse beyond being an elite mook though because I can’t stand what Slott’s done to most of the fan favorites there.
    I don’t think a single “touching moment” is worth making it the real Mayday. Mayday, MJ, and Ben never should have had to experience the tragic loss of Peter. That’s just not an MC2 thing. That’s the kind of dark grittiness that 616 is known for. So I’m glad it’s open to interpretation because now I simply disregard 2014-2018 and consider the recent Infinity Comic the true continuation from Spider-Girl: The End!

    Also, I never liked teenage Annie. I thought she worked best as a child character. I suspect that’s why Gerry Conway was driven off that book.

  12. #27
    Incredible Member JustLuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Somewhere, in a galaxy far far away...
    Posts
    575

    Default

    One of my favorite Spider-Character ever, desperately want more of her.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    One of my favorite Spider-Character ever, desperately want more of her.
    Are we getting more of her in infinity comics or was that a one time thing?

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Are we getting more of her in infinity comics or was that a one time thing?
    I am betting its a good chance we will, I mean...they can't just leave it on a cliffhanger like that! For now though they are doing a Madame Web story and then like a five-part Spider-Gwen story. So...it'll either be some time before we get more Mayday in Spider-Verse or they'll just give Stephanie Williams an ongoing to work on in order to synergize with ATSV. For now though...she's a Wasp Mob in Slott Man.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  15. #30
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    It's really bad, when I saw Mayday as one of those things my heart dropped, I thought "Oh God, he's going to have Morlun kill her off, I just know it" but so far Morlun doesn't seem to like feeding on Wasp Totems. Thank God, still though...damn that Slott.
    Back when Edge turned Annie, I was thinking that we would get something of a follow up to Spider-Girls with Mayday vs Annie with her trying to save her but then Slott just turned Mayday too and the team that we’ve gotten for this story doesn’t even come close to making up for the missed potential.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •