Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1082
  1. #61
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    I subscribe to the theory posited by Tom DeFalco that everything Slott has done with Mayday and her family happened to an alternate universe version of the character, whereas the Infinity Comic is the true continuation of MC2.
    Same. If it's by Slott, the true Mayday it is Not.

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,402

    Default

    Still though, I don't like seeing any version of Mayday suffer. It's too much! The Maydays of the Multiverse need to be protected!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  3. #63
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    20,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    MC2 Peter is in this week's issue of Slott Spider-Man, though you'll have difficulty recognising him as he's now a savage Other beast and a prisoner of Shathra and Mayday doesn't believe that it's him. Guess this takes place before Mayday's merry little adventure in the Infinity Comics.
    Like Kaine's full evolution into the Other in the original Spider-Verse arc? Well, at least he's not one of Shathra's Spider-Wasps. Same for RYV MJ/Spinneret.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Still though, I don't like seeing any version of Mayday suffer. It's too much! The Maydays of the Multiverse need to be protected!
    Yes. Yes, indeed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #64
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    I’m fine with some alt Mayday taking the brunt of Slott’s attacks. We have to protect the queen!!

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    I’m fine with some alt Mayday taking the brunt of Slott’s attacks. We have to protect the queen!!
    If Slott has a problem with us, then he should take his complaints directly to the source. We're right here! There ain't no need to take it out on the Maydays!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  6. #66
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    He seems to despise the character, probably because Mayday is bright and cheerful. I’m forever thankful the only thing I’ve read by Slott is Renew Your Vows.

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    He seems to despise the character, probably because Mayday is bright and cheerful. I’m forever thankful the only thing I’ve read by Slott is Renew Your Vows.
    Then it sounds like he shouldn't be writing about her, if he hates her so much. Who could honestly despise Mayday? She's everything that is good in Peter and MJ personified, she's the best!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  8. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Slott is petty. He writes things specifically to troll fans.

  9. #69
    Ultimate Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    I’m fine with some alt Mayday taking the brunt of Slott’s attacks. We have to protect the queen!!
    What i'd love to see in a Spider-Book with Mayday is... if in the MC2 universe, is May's version of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Magneta and her crew would confuse the ---- out of the weird stuff spider-verse pulls.

  10. #70
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    What i'd love to see in a Spider-Book with Mayday is... if in the MC2 universe, is May's version of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Magneta and her crew would confuse the ---- out of the weird stuff spider-verse pulls.
    That would be fun. I would still love to get an Uncanny X-People starring Jubilee and written by MC2 vet/Jubilee expert Larry Hama. It’s the only big franchise that didn’t get an MC2 series.

  11. #71
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    That would be fun. I would still love to get an Uncanny X-People starring Jubilee and written by MC2 vet/Jubilee expert Larry Hama. It’s the only big franchise that didn’t get an MC2 series.
    Weren't there a ton of X-Men titles out around the time Spider-Girl was still coming out?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  12. #72
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Weren't there a ton of X-Men titles out around the time Spider-Girl was still coming out?
    Yes, so that’s probably why, but I’d love to see MC2 return with new Spider-Girl and X-People series.

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    4,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Yes, so that’s probably why, but I’d love to see MC2 return with new Spider-Girl and X-People series.
    That'd be a dream come true. I love the MC2, if there was any version of the Marvel Universe I could actually live in I would choose that one. It just has this unique charm that the other realities don't really have.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

    "Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

    "You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

  14. #74
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    4,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same for RYV MJ/Spinneret.
    .
    I wonder if Shathra is keeping MJ alive because killing her outright might loosen Annie May or her husband from her control?

    The only reason Mayday doesn't rebel is she doesn't recognise her dad in his current form

  15. #75
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    20,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    That'd be a dream come true. I love the MC2, if there was any version of the Marvel Universe I could actually live in I would choose that one. It just has this unique charm that the other realities don't really have.
    Indeed. It's the rare superhero comic future timeline where things didn't go completely to hell in a handbasket and even managed to improve in some places compared to present day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I wonder if Shathra is keeping MJ alive because killing her outright might loosen Annie May or her husband from her control?

    The only reason Mayday doesn't rebel is she doesn't recognise her dad in his current form
    That would make sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •