Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    You are welcome. Got some more, right here!

Ron Frenz:

Nathan Stockman:

The best of Mary Jane and Peter Parker in one beautiful package, and people still wonders why there are so many fans who wants the Spider-Marriage restored.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Looks like the new Ron Frenz A-Next Infinity comic will take place in the pages of Avengers Infinity not Spider-Verse Unlimited. Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz are not doing any future Spider-Girl stories, they apparently weren't even approached about doing the most recent one from 2022. Curious.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-31-2023 at 10:33 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Looks like the new Ron Frenz A-Next Infinity comic will take place in the pages of Avengers Infinity not Spider-Verse Unlimited. Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz are not doing any future Spider-Girl stories, they apparently weren't even approached about doing the most recent one from 2022. Curious.
    Oddly... that probably increases the odds of seeing Magneta... A-Next had a whole lot of X-stuff.

BANNED

Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz are not doing any future Spider-Girl stories, they apparently weren't even approached about doing the most recent one from 2022. Curious.
    Just who's dog did they kick at editorial?

I mean, I still liked the one Stephanie wrote, I'm all for Mayday having different voices, and the art was a decent recreation of Frenz's style, but to not even consult the two when they were glaring continuity errors? This is just a bit weird for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Just who's dog did they kick at editorial?

I mean, I still liked the one Stephanie wrote, I'm all for Mayday having different voices, and the art was a decent recreation of Frenz's style, but to not even consult the two when they were glaring continuity errors? This is just a bit weird for me.
    Yeah, it's a bit strange but I have a working theory that the Infinity Comic was intended to be the bare minimum Marvel was planning to do for Mayday (aside from having her show up in adjectiveless) in terms of synergy for ATSV and so they just put Stephanie and Nathan on the job of doing an Infinity Comic, thinking that would be an end to it. Hence why they never bothered to contact DeFalco and Frenz, hopefully that all changes in the coming months.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

The best of Mary Jane and Peter Parker in one beautiful package, and people still wonders why there are so many fans who wants the Spider-Marriage restored.
    Just because there's a possible future character that exists doesn't mean it needs to affect the main timeline.

I also enjoyed WildThing but I see no reason for Wolverine and Elektra to get married in modern comics.

Spider-Girl art

Pat Olliffe:

Ron Frenz:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Just because there's a possible future character that exists doesn't mean it needs to affect the main timeline.
    I recall MC2 has been teased as a future in both DeFalco's later run and Spencer's run actually.

I recall MC2 has been teased as a future in both DeFalco's later run and Spencer's run actually.
    Yup, ASM vol.1 #439 to be exact. Well, for DeFalco, as for Spencer she makes two cameos during the 2099 storyline and then we see her (or one of her sisters) in #74.

Zack here becomes the next Spider after Mayday, Miguel and Max.

I think Age of Ultron also talks about it like a possible future.

At this point though, if MC2 were to be "the" future, it would need to be a heavily altered way even if baby May is still alive, considering how heavily everything is different from MC2's established past.

Yup, ASM vol.1 #439 to be exact. Well, for DeFalco, as for Spencer she makes two cameos during the 2099 storyline and then we see her (or one of her sisters) in #74.
    Considering the heroes who are shown to be defeated in ASM#74 vol 5 are MC2 heroes, it's most likely Mayday.

It is odd to see her hair short and red, since being a redhead is Annie's thing, but hey...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Considering the heroes who are shown to be defeated in ASM#74 vol 5 are MC2 heroes, it's most likely Mayday.

It is odd to see her hair short and red, since being a redhead is Annie's thing, but hey...
    Is that who those heroes were? I'll admit, I didn't recognize them due to their costumes but it makes a lot of sense...I bet, however, that the future of 616 isn't supposed to be a one for one recreation of MC2 but rather experience a similar future with many of the same players in it.

Found some images of Pat Olliffe's concept art for the original Spider-Girl run, these were featured in Spider-Girl #0.5 from Wizard Magazine back in the day.

The Sensational Web Stunner herself:

Spyral and Spider-Venom:

Spider-Carnage Mayday and Chasm April:

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Spider-Carnage Mayday and Chasm April:

Well, damn.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ron Frenz art: