Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Thanks! After seeing the image of baby Mayday first, I didn’t bother to watch the trailer because I thought that would be the only thing of interest to me. Guess I was wrong! Will I see the 1994 Spider-Man in the trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Thanks! After seeing the image of baby Mayday first, I didn’t bother to watch the trailer because I thought that would be the only thing of interest to me. Guess I was wrong! Will I see the 1994 Spider-Man in the trailer?
    In the trailer? No.

In the movie itself? We don't know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    In the trailer? No.

In the movie itself? We don't know.
    I’m pretty sure it was confirmed that Christopher Daniel Barnes is back.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    I’m pretty sure it was confirmed that Christopher Daniel Barnes is back.
    Rumored. Not confirmed.

BANNED

Rumored. Not confirmed.
    I need it to be true.

How would you all feel if Mayday is their daughter in worlds where Peter was bitten by the spider, and Annie is their daughter in worlds where MJ was bitten by the spider?
    There is an unfortunate lack of worlds in which MJ was bitten by the spider. I can only think of two off the top of my head and one of them is a lesbian so not likely to have a daughter with Peter.

Mayday is the brown haired one who doesn't develop powers until she's fifteen.
    Annie is the red haired one who has powers as a baby or toddler. In most worlds that aren't RYV she's called May.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    There is an unfortunate lack of worlds in which MJ was bitten by the spider. I can only think of two off the top of my head and one of them is a lesbian so not likely to have a daughter with Peter.

Mayday is the brown haired one who doesn't develop powers until she's fifteen.
    Annie is the red haired one who has powers as a baby or toddler. In most worlds that aren't RYV she's called May.
    They both have red hair in Across the Spider-Verse.

Sony are obviously doing their own thing and are not beholden to comic continuity.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I know, it is very disappointing, and the team we got is so bad! Shathra has literally all of the cool Spiders on her side and what do we get? Leftovers, nay, worse than leftovers! The leftovers of leftovers! The only solace I can take in these trying times is the fact that the Infinity Comic came out and gave us a fresh new Mayday story (now with more Benjy! Spider-Boy is already shaping up to be quite the little badass!) set sometime long after the events of End of Spider-Verse. Also, ATSV is going to give us Mayday's first big screen debut! What a time to be alive, eh?
    I'm guessing Slott may be trying to pull something like the Legion of Substitute Heroes from DC's Legion of Super-Heroes, where it's the underestimated/reject characters with the not-so-cool powers or motifs that nonetheless step up and ultimately help save the day when the Legion proper is incapacitated, though I can acknowledge the execution could be better, to say the least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm guessing Slott may be trying to pull something like the Legion of Substitute Heroes from DC's Legion of Super-Heroes, where it's the underestimated/reject characters with the not-so-cool powers or motifs that nonetheless step up and ultimately help save the day when the Legion proper is incapacitated, though I can acknowledge the execution could be better, to say the least.
    I guess that makes sense, do a sort of underdog story. But...I think he could have done the same story with the fan favorites like Mayday while also bringing in the new guys if one feels so inclined to do so, I personally don't like any of the new Spiders, they are all pretty bland characters.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I guess that makes sense, do a sort of underdog story. But...I think he could have done the same story with the fan favorites like Mayday while also bringing in the new guys if one feels so inclined to do so, I personally don't like any of the new Spiders, they are all pretty bland characters.
    It's that last part that's the real kicker... making a new roster.. of characters no one cares about. :/

Ecstatic to have Mayday in the new film, though I wish she had her brown hair and not the red. Too often people tend to give Peter and Mary Jane’s daughters red hair and they just end up looking like mini Mary Janes and seems like Peter didn’t contribute any DNA to the child’s appearance.

Not a fan at all of what Slott’s done to Mayday and Annie in the current Spider-Verse story. I don’t trust him with them and I’m just hoping they make it out of the story okay and back to their normal selves.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    Ecstatic to have Mayday in the new film, though I wish she had her brown hair and not the red. Too often people tend to give Peter and Mary Jane’s daughters red hair and they just end up looking like mini Mary Janes and seems like Peter didn’t contribute any DNA to the child’s appearance.

Not a fan at all of what Slott’s done to Mayday and Annie in the current Spider-Verse story. I don’t trust him with them and I’m just hoping they make it out of the story okay and back to their normal selves.
    I have a working theory that MJ's red hair is something the Parker kids tend to start with when they are younger and grow out of as they get older. Take Benjy for instance...

Red-haired Benjy (Then):

Peter007.jpg

Brown-haired Benjy (Now):

Benjy.jpg

He started off with his Momma's red hair but now seems to have his Poppa's brown hair. But then again, I could be completely off the mark...

Baby Mayday:

Baby Mayday1.jpg

Mayday seems to have started right off the bat with Peter's brown hair, so...genetics are either just goofy in the Marvel Universe or normal...? If not normal then it probably ties to the fact that The Celestials mucked about with Humanity's DNA for so long (who knows what those giant bastards did...), something which isn't applicable to human beings in real life...that we know of. But I am not a geneticist nor do I pretend to be one. I am just a guy on the internetz.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-04-2023 at 12:50 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

As I understand it, red hair is a recessive trait. So if Peter is a carrier for red hair and Mary Jane has red hair then there is a fifty-fifty chance of their children having red hair. That said, that's just the really simple version and I gather that real-life genetics is always more complicated than you think.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

BANNED

MC2 Peter is in this week's issue of Slott Spider-Man, though you'll have difficulty recognising him as he's now a savage Other beast and a prisoner of Shathra and Mayday doesn't believe that it's him. Guess this takes place before Mayday's merry little adventure in the Infinity Comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    MC2 Peter is in this week's issue of Slott Spider-Man, though you'll have difficulty recognising him as he's now a savage Other beast and a prisoner of Shathra and Mayday doesn't believe that it's him. Guess this takes place before Mayday's merry little adventure in the Infinity Comics.
    I subscribe to the theory posited by Tom DeFalco that everything Slott has done with Mayday and her family happened to an alternate universe version of the character, whereas the Infinity Comic is the true continuation of MC2.