Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. It's the rare superhero comic future timeline where things didn't go completely to hell in a handbasket and even managed to improve in some places compared to present day.
    Yeah, I can't even think of another timeline that is as quite as idyllic as MC2. It reminds me of how the Nexus was described on Star Trek: Generations - "It was like being inside joy. As if joy was something tangible and you could wrap yourself up in it like a blanket, and never in my entire life have I been as content." I don't know if you ever saw that movie but the MC2 is what I think of when I think about a place like that. It's a place where you get to see things play out in a way that the 616 just can't offer at least not right now, not with the way things are.

Peter011.jpg

The MC2 is truly a magical place...lol.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    If Slott has a problem with us, then he should take his complaints directly to the source. We're right here!
    Remember when he used to comment on here a lot back when he was the main Spider-Man writer. It mostly involved him getting into weird flame wars with people who didn't like his interpretation of the character (and seeing how he's generally not popular on this forum...). He quit around the time that he left the series, although, when the news broke that he was being brought back for a new side series, he did stick a random post on a thread discussing the subject (very mixed reception, at best) about how he'd decided to stop posting on forums with fans who didn't like him. Very weird, IMHO.

All things considered, I'm not sure it's a huge loss. Found him to be pretty unprofessional and thin-skinned in general and I can't say that his contributions were that enlightening as to his views on the franchise (to paraphrase one of the movies, the "why is Slott's Spider-Man?").

That'd be a dream come true. I love the MC2, if there was any version of the Marvel Universe I could actually live in I would choose that one. It just has this unique charm that the other realities don't really have.
    It doesn't have X-23 or Kate Bishop, though, so it is lacking quite a bit, despite the good there is.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Remember when he used to comment on here a lot back when he was the main Spider-Man writer. It mostly involved him getting into weird flame wars with people who didn't like his interpretation of the character (and seeing how he's generally not popular on this forum...). He quit around the time that he left the series, although, when the news broke that he was being brought back for a new side series, he did stick a random post on a thread discussing the subject (very mixed reception, at best) about how he'd decided to stop posting on forums with fans who didn't like him. Very weird, IMHO.

All things considered, I'm not sure it's a huge loss. Found him to be pretty unprofessional and thin-skinned in general and I can't say that his contributions were that enlightening as to his views on the franchise (to paraphrase one of the movies, the "why is Slott's Spider-Man?").

It doesn't have X-23 or Kate Bishop, though, so it is lacking quite a bit, despite the good there is.
    1. That is weird. I remember reading his tirade on why Peter and MJ will never be married in the 616 ever again and found his take to be rather...shortsighted, even for an insider.

2. I think the existence of Wild Thing in the MC2 kind of prevents an MC2 Laura from coming into existence as the role she occupies now in the 616 is already filled in the 982, as for Kate Bishop...its possible that there is a MC2 version of her but she wouldn't have become Hawkeye in that reality simply due to the fact that the Avengers never disassembled. She's probably living in the lap of luxury somewhere.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-06-2023 at 12:05 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

1. That is weird. I remember reading his tirade on why Peter and MJ will never be married in the 616 ever again and found his take to be rather...shortsighted, even for an insider.

2. I think the existence of Wild Thing in the MC2 kind of prevents an MC2 Laura from coming into existence as the role she occupies now in the 616 is already filled in the 982, as for Kate Bishop...its possible that there is a MC2 version of her but she wouldn't have become Hawkeye in that reality simply due to the fact that the Avengers never disassembled. She's probably living in the lap of luxury somewhere.
    MC2 also did this thing where they'd hint at the existence of entire super teams and stuff, so maybe there IS an analogue of Kate... we just didn't see her? MC2 would regularly have someone just show up and talk like they'd always been there. So, it's not as simple as "these are the only MC2 characters", it's more like "these are the ones we saw".

Silk didn't exist when the MC2 stories were being written, but.... You could write a story about an MC2 Cindy Moon as Silk... and... it'd still work within the fictional universe.... need to be... tinkered with to fit properly, but... enh.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    MC2 also did this thing where they'd hint at the existence of entire super teams and stuff, so maybe there IS an analogue of Kate... we just didn't see her? MC2 would regularly have someone just show up and talk like they'd always been there. So, it's not as simple as "these are the only MC2 characters", it's more like "these are the ones we saw".

Silk didn't exist when the MC2 stories were being written, but.... You could write a story about an MC2 Cindy Moon as Silk... and... it'd still work within the fictional universe.... need to be... tinkered with to fit properly, but... enh.
    Meh...I'd rather see Dylan Brock in the MC2 than Cindy Moon...I am not a Silk fan by any stretch of the imagination and also...the story potential for Dylan and Mayday is something I would very much like to see explored given the relationship between their fathers.

Meh...I'd rather see Dylan Brock in the MC2 than Cindy Moon...I am not a Silk fan by any stretch of the imagination and also...the story potential for Dylan and Mayday is something I would very much like to see explored given the relationship between their fathers.
    Why not both? It's not a choice between them really, just separate opportunities really.

BANNED

It'd be interesting, was there even an Ezekiel in MC2? Now that MC2 Peter has had JMS era things happen to him like The Other, we could drag him out of mothballs too

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    It'd be interesting, was there even an Ezekiel in MC2? Now that MC2 Peter has had JMS era things happen to him like The Other, we could drag him out of mothballs too
    There was not. I think Tom DeFalco once said in an interview that the events of JMS' run never happened in the MC2 but...that was so long ago I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for it.

BANNED

There was not. I think Tom DeFalco once said in an interview that the events of JMS' run never happened in the MC2.
    Of course they didn't, that wasn't my point.

Of course they didn't, that wasn't my point.
    Oh...sorry.

BANNED

Oh...sorry.
    My point was that Ezekiel could be introduced and folded into MC2 since MC2 Peter evidently is now tied to things we were first exposed to in the JMS era. DeFalco can say what he wants and imply what he wants, but he doesn't own the characters Marvel put out. Those characters, for good or ill, will always be vulnerable to the wants and needs of other creatives and editorial.

There was not. I think Tom DeFalco once said in an interview that the events of JMS' run never happened in the MC2 but...that was so long ago I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for it.
    He said he wrote it in a way that it was left to interpretation. He never flat out said that it wasn’t MC2. Basics fans can treat it as something separate though Marvel treats it as the de facto MC2 as even when it appeared in things like Web Warriors they used its number of Earth 982.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 01-07-2023 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    He said he wrote it in a way that it was left to interpretation. He never flat out said that it wasn’t MC2. Basics fans can treat it as something separate though Marvel treats it as the de facto MC2 as even when it appeared in things like Web Warriors they used its number of Earth 982.
    My point was that Ezekiel could be introduced and folded into MC2 since MC2 Peter evidently is now tied to things we were first exposed to in the JMS era. DeFalco can say what he wants and imply what he wants, but he doesn't own the characters Marvel put out. Those characters, for good or ill, will always be vulnerable to the wants and needs of other creatives and editorial.
    I know all of that. But what would be the benefit in bringing Ezekiel to the MC2? Spider-Totems, Morlun and Shathra? The Spider-Verse crossovers hammered all of that stuff through. So what else is there for Ezekiel to do? Other than narrative clean up? This is a serious question because it seems like there is something I am missing/not seeing.

Edit: In other news, that Ron Frenz Infinity Comic might be about Mayday after all, something Frenz said to about "never saying never" anymore when a fan talked about how much they loved Aftershock (Electro's daughter) so...here's hoping its a three-way team up with Mayday, Aftershock and Thunderstrike? Either that or something may come up in the future, fingers crossed regardless.

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-07-2023 at 05:02 PM.

I know all of that. But what would be the benefit in bringing Ezekiel to the MC2? Spider-Totems, Morlun and Shathra? The Spider-Verse crossovers hammered all of that stuff through. So what else is there for Ezekiel to do? Other than narrative clean up? This is a serious question because it seems like there is something I am missing/not seeing.

Edit: In other news, that Ron Frenz Infinity Comic might be about Mayday after all, something Frenz said to about "never saying never" anymore when a fan talked about how much they loved Aftershock (Electro's daughter) so...here's hoping its a three-way team up with Mayday, Aftershock and Thunderstrike? Either that or something may come up in the future, fingers crossed regardless.

Untitled.jpg
    I was simply pointing out that you COULD do it without breaking the MC2 story. WHY you would want to was left up to the viewer to decide.

I was simply pointing out that you COULD do it without breaking the MC2 story. WHY you would want to was left up to the viewer to decide.
    Oh...duh.