Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

A nice sequence from Daredevil:

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Wasn't the in the Dark Avengers book? I know Mike Deodato penciled the art. Wait, was it Daken or Gorgon dressed as Wolverine?
    Yep, that was when Gorgon was dressed as Wolverine. It came from Bendis' run on Avengers:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    A nice sequence from Daredevil:

One of my favorite moments from Ed Brubaker's run. There was this great synergy between his runs on Daredevil and Iron Fist. Additionally, it demonstrates the possibilities that were there with Iron Fist's run. Danny as the Kung Fu Bono who was making in-roads into the city and trying to make a difference. If any writer were to pick up the threads again with this take on Danny, that would be great. My only suggestion is that writers have to adjust aspects of this concept. Danny being rich and throwing money into these particular areas would paint the picture of superiority. I think of charitable organizations that go to economically disadvantaged areas throughout the world and do work without first consulting or working with the local peoples. There's that "saviorism" in there and we all know we have to get Danny away from that.

So, in a future storyline, if we go with Danny being a philanthropist, reopening the School of Thunder (which I think would be cool since the K'un Lun refugees from the last mini-series as well as Lin Lei and Pei could be disciples), he has to ensure that he's working with community leaders. Honestly, I could see Luke being a tremendous help in setting this up using his mayoral influence. And hey, there's a possibility right there, Danny's School of Thunder leading the charge for making real social change in the more disadvantaged areas of NYC. That was what he was trying to do back in the late 90s Heroes for Hire series, trying to bring K'un Lun to Earth and lead a new golden age.

Maybe him reopening the School of Thunder, with Pei, Lin Lei, and Victor Alvarez as both his students and co-workers could make a difference in NYC. The Iron Fist doesn't just have to be about martial arts, but improving society.

Keeping the Iron Fists crossed that we see that!
    "I am a man of peace."

One of my favorite moments from the Defenders series when suave and sophisticated Danny Rand met with then mayor Wilson Fisk:

"I am a man of peace."

Wanted to highlight the new variant covers for AAPI heritage month. This is from Daredevil #11 which will feature a back-up story with Lin Lei:

This definitely works. Maybe it could become Lei's new look or at least an alternate costume.
    "I am a man of peace."

It’s a very nice picture. I think as a new costume it would depend on how well the regular artist could draw loose clothing - the skintight costume over muscle is easier for your average artist to make look cool.

I’d like to see Danny back in this:

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Wanted to highlight the new variant covers for AAPI heritage month. This is from Daredevil #11 which will feature a back-up story with Lin Lei:

This definitely works. Maybe it could become Lei's new look or at least an alternate costume.
    It's a cool look and I tend to be prefer the more street level vibe for characters.

So giving Lin lie a less formal outfit fits him.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's a cool look and I tend to be prefer the more street level vibe for characters.

So giving Lin lie a less formal outfit fits him.
    Hmm, that's a possibility. Give Lin Lei the more streel level, modern stylish look while Danny sports something more traditional or at least more in line with his previous outfits.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hmm, that's a possibility. Give Lin Lei the more streel level, modern stylish look while Danny sports something more traditional or at least more in line with his previous outfits.
    I don't think the traditional look works for Danny either. His best look was the track suit look he had since H4H.

I don't miss Danny's tracksuit look.

I don't think the traditional look works for Danny either. His best look was the track suit look he had since H4H.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't miss Danny's tracksuit look.
    I'll agree with Frontier about this. If what we mean is the tracksuit from more recent years, like from Andrews' or Brisson's run, yeah I wasn't digging that. Still, when I say traditional look, I wasn't a fan of the collar or slippers either. That armored look from the HFH series or the green and yellow skin tight uniform with the yellow boots, that's what I liked. Hope to see either of those again.
    "I am a man of peace."

Danny has been stale for a while so I'm hoping they could revitalize them.

Al Ewing, Jed McKay, Lanzing and Kelly and Ram V are my top picks for a new creative team.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-05-2023 at 04:59 PM.

Danny has been stale for a while so I'm hoping they could revitalize them.

Al Ewing, Jed McKay, Lanzing and Kelly and Ram V are my top picks for a new creative team.
    I could see that with McKay. He's doing a great job with Moon Knight and his ensemble of characters there.

Looked for this for a while, but here is one of my favorite scenes from the 2000 Iron Fist/Wolverine miniseries. It was one of the first Iron Fist comic books I owned and these pages here showed off Danny's skills sans the Iron Fist:

"I am a man of peace."

Not that it would ever happen, but Sean Murphy’s Batman: White Knight mini-series (and it’s sequel) for DC was very good, it would be cool to see what he’d do for Danny and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Not that it would ever happen, but Sean Murphy’s Batman: White Knight mini-series (and it’s sequel) for DC was very good, it would be cool to see what he’d do for Danny and co.
    Sean Murphy would be interesting to see on Danny. I mostly read Beyond the White Knight and the Jason Todd miniseries so I'm curious what he would do with Vic, Lin Lie and Pei.

The White Knight storyline reminds me of Kaare Andrew's run on Iron Fist.

I guess this would depend on his availability to work with Marvel as I could see him going the indie route after the White Knight saga wraps up.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-06-2023 at 11:41 AM.