Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

And after the battle, Thor tells Tony what is power:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

HELL YEAH! That is Thor! That one page is better than Jason Aaron's entire run.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

My brother and my friends still give me hell over this lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I thought the original Human Torch was cool. However, reading his origin in Marvels made me realize the humanity of the character:

"I am a man of peace."

My favorite part of it is when Tony asks him how he'll travel when his armor is broken and Thor, without even looking at him, merely says "walk". One of the coolest Thor moments in Marvel history.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    My brother and my friends still give me hell over this lol.
    Ha well, it's a great scene.

Final scene of the night from Wolverine Origins. One of the best descriptions I've ever read about Nick Fury. One of the few people Wolverine has ever met who on a damn near genetic level knows how to fight a war. Damn straight:

"I am a man of peace."

Ha well, it's a great scene.
    It really is. What makes it even worse for me is the fight takes place in my hometown of New Orleans and it’s done by my favorite artist Oliver Coipel.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I thought the original Human Torch was cool. However, reading his origin in Marvels made me realize the humanity of the character:

https://www.syfy.com/sites/syfy/file...lic/rco006.png
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dzdtg5CXcAACfHf.jpg
    Hell, yeah! The Original Human Torch will always be my favorite, no matter what...

Silver Surfer battles himself! These three pages are sheer awesome and better than Slott's entire run. Taken from Silver Surfer 64.

RCO013.jpg

RCO015.jpg

RCO016.jpg

Dark Surfer::Live in the present! Live for yourself! Fill the hollowness of your being! Stop being a martyr!

Silver Surfer:: I can't. I owe a tragic obligation to the universe. I'll never allow myself to become the callous being you wish me to be.

THAT IS THE SILVER SURFER! That is why the Ron Marz Ron Lim run is the best Silver Surfer run. Give'em a click.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 03-22-2023 at 11:00 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

That time the Black Cat talked down the Rhino. Spider-Man Volume 2, #34.

Last edited by Agent Z; 03-22-2023 at 12:47 AM.

Last edited by Agent Z; 03-22-2023 at 04:22 AM.

Ah, back when Thor was still THE BOSS! And there weren't half a dozen second hand Supermen (and women) running around the MU claiming they're more powerful then him. Though far from my favorite character, for me, Thor will ALWAYS be Marvel's biggest gun!

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    It really is. What makes it even worse for me is the fight takes place in my hometown of New Orleans and it’s done by my favorite artist Oliver Coipel.
    Awesome bro. Yeah, that was cool how Thor made the connection in the beginning of the issue. He had witnessed the Battle of Orleans and compared the city to New Orleans, which had just gone through Hurricane Katrina. The issue served as a catch up in a way since Thor had just been relaunched under JMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Ah, back when Thor was still THE BOSS! And there weren't half a dozen second hand Supermen (and women) running around the MU claiming they're more powerful then him. Though far from my favorite character, for me, Thor will ALWAYS be Marvel's biggest gun!

Peace
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hell, yeah! The Original Human Torch will always be my favorite, no matter what...
    Great image. Yeah, that Marvels series reminded me why I liked Marvel. I mentioned previously about the humanity in my last post. However, there was the other side of the coin, the marvelous. There was just something marvelous and out of this world about a synthezoid who could burst into flame.
    "I am a man of peace."

One of my favorite scenes from Annihilation. Yes, it had been done before and was done after, but seeing Silver Surfer become the herald of Galactus was awesome:

"I am a man of peace."

Been reading Neal Adams' Avengers issues. Wow, the story featuring Hank Pym explore the inner workings of the Vision is top notch!:

"I am a man of peace."